Missing Fawmers... ZONGers?

Skip to the bottom

• @cbodovinitz Feb 2018

It seems like a lot of the people I've added to my watchlist over the years have slowly dropped off. Makes me kinda sad. Anyone else seeing this happen, too? Who are some FAWMers that you always enjoyed hearing every year, but are silent in 2018 so far? Maybe we can wake them up with some mentions?

@nationalcat
    @forrandom
    @temily
    @abbyposner
    @miltz

• @sailingmagpie  Feb 2018

I'm really missing @tinam's crazy guitar madness this year.

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 2018

@mattblick explained his absence but I’m really missing his crazy harmonic sensibility.

• @adforperu  Feb 2018

Well thankfully there's so many good Fawmers here that I can just about cope without the following (ok, maybe not without @phlex)

@tinam, @jbp123, @tobermory, @bluescreen, @fluidvolt, @audiarec, @isaacq @hoboghost, @kidd,@lightpeak, @thecontortionist, @bokonon, @tabulhas, @emcasey16, @jonnyeureka33, @hbusse, @lonelyrobot, - come back!

• @torniojaws Feb 2018

Seems 13/38, so roughly one third of my watchlist, is missing in action 😝

• @adforperu  Feb 2018

It's only natural, the longer we're here the more our Watchlist will look like that (unless you constantly add new people). It seems alien to me that people don't FAWM every single year, it's as if other people have proper jobs, families, hobbies, and illnesses. Hmph.

• @haim  Feb 2018

@foiler, @tonyblount and the incredible @alebrou

• @tawny249 Feb 2018

I miss @wildnettle. It was always cool to see another person inspired by the same weird combo of styles.

• @headfirstonly  Feb 2018

Sadly, at least two FAWMers in my watchlist - @hoopshank and @mojo - are no longer with us. They are missed.

@adforperu I'm glad you mentioned @emcasey16. Her stuff was fantastic and I've still got some of her tracks on rotation on my phone. I check every year to see if she back. Maybe one day.

• @metalfoot  Feb 2018

@petemurphy is also conspicuous by his absence.

• @tiller2  Feb 2018

After the albums @petemurphy churned out albums over the past few months, has his well run dry? (I doubt it!) His profile says he's taking a break.

• @errol Feb 2018

Wait a minute! @mojo is missing too?!?

• @jendistad  Feb 2018

Yes @errol. Sadly, @mojo passed away.

• @caterwauler Feb 2018

@errol : @mojo passed away in september 2016 at the age of 16.
    His little brother @mantra is keeping the #catcore genre alive.

• @bking  Feb 2018

I know that she has moved on to other interests, but I miss @jules.

• @petemurphy Feb 2018

Hey, I just happened to check into the site and saw that I'd been tagged (Hi @metalfoot and @tiller2 !!)

I'm not taking part this year, but I am still making music (I'm currently working on a cover version of an opera about the affair between Salvador Dali's wife and the guy who played Jesus Christ Superstar).

I won't go into details, but a series of events happened before the challenge started that made me feel uncomfortable.

Maybe I'm just too sensitive, but as much as I love and miss FAWM, I feel that stepping away from this year's challenge was the right decision for me.

I might be back next year.

Hope you're all having a great time.
    Peace to you all.

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 2018

Oh man do I miss @petemurphy !!
    And @tinam who I have a crazy girlcrush on..

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 2018

Miss you @petemurphy! Stay well friend.

It does seem like some of the usuals are less involved this year. But Burr said we're on pace song-wise so that just means we need to get to know some of the newer folks!

• @guatecoop  Feb 2018

Oh man...I do wish that @phlex and @temily were back. I also will miss a fawmling from last year, @hazeyjohnii.

• @errol Feb 2018

@caterwauler Ohhh... I'm sorry. 😞 I'm glad @mantra is here then.

• @errol Feb 2018

@jules one of the few people I knew outside of FAWM when I started and she was amazing. I miss her too, @bking. 😁 I had a chance to do at least two collabs with her.

• @stephiesongwriter Feb 2018

I've done FAWM for a few years, but haven't figured out how to really connect with people? How have some of you connected over the years?

@petemurphy Hope you're okay, Pete and you're back next year. That opera sounds awesome!

• @metalfoot  Feb 2018

@stephiesongwriter I think through collabs and Facebook and twitter and 50/90 I've gotten to know a lot of people well. Lemme know if you want to collab at some point!

• @sheilerk  Feb 2018

@timfatchen is high on my list. He did check in, but has been hit with a lot of time constraints, and life stuff, so doesn't look like we'll hear his music till maybe 50/90 😞

• @sheilerk  Feb 2018

@stephisongwriter Popping on the forums, commenting often on songs by people whose music you really enjoy, joining fawmer facebook groups, collaborating really helps, doing some of the challenges. It takes a little time, but when you just keep coming back you do get to know people. 😀

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 2018

@stephiesongwriter one really good way is to do Colabs...
    it takes some courage to do one (or two or three) but then you really have to communicate with your partner and friendships do develop ..
    skirmishes get your closer to people cause you're all in it together..

• @sherrycanary  Feb 2018

@linzi
    Gone, but not forgotten
    Likewise @highmountainreindeer
    @billysea, who I met

• @jonnyeureka33 Feb 2018

I'm here @adforperu, just going through some stuff. I promise I won't let this Fawm go by without putting something up. <3

• @brownium Feb 2018

@gregscheer is out this year, though he's busy with plenty of other music projects.

• @cblack  Feb 2018

I'll add @emplate . I've only done FAWM twice before now. Once in 2011, which is too long ago to remember anyone other than @sapient (who I had a metal-crush on 😝), and then last year. There were several FAWMers last year that made me go, "Bloody hell, that's awesome!" Like, above and beyond the general awesomeness of FAWM. @emplate was one of them, but he seems to be absent this year.

• @metalfoot  Feb 2018

I miss @levesinet. The amazing orchestration he did to my kid's kazoo piece last year was seriously one of the highlights of my YEAR, let alone FAWM.

• @zecoop  Feb 2018

@sherrycanary - I totally agree about @highmountaindeer - he has incredible talent and played a style rarely heard around here. I was thrilled to discover him here. 😀

I don't see anything recent on his pages, but they are still up.
    https://soundcloud.com/aaron-zvi
    www.youtube.com/user/HighMountainDeer

• @emplate Feb 2018

@cblack Nice to see that you still remember me! : ) This year will unfortunately be quite quiet for me, as I'm trying to finally get my master's thesis together. I also work as a full-time special education teacher, so there's not much free time : / I actually started to work on one tune today, so I guess I'll pull out at least one! No guitars or harsh vocals this time, though... I'll have to check your latest stuff after I'm ready with the song! I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't had the time to listen and comment on people's works.

• @petemurphy Feb 2018

I am now only half missing. However, there is a caveat on my profile page.

• @mrblitz000 Feb 2018

missing @deepseacavalry and @seantwright

• @cblack  Feb 2018

@emplate Hey! You're here! 3 things:

1. I know that putting together a thesis is intense, so don't worry about FAWM too much.

2. When you do post your song, leave a link on my soundboard, or else I'm liable to miss it.

3. When you check out my stuff, I should note that I'm doing electronica this year, rather than metal. 😀

Anyway, great to see you here. Oh! And if you have any albums for sale, leave a link here or on my soundboard or something. 😀

• @benjo  Feb 2018

hey any body heard anything on Pete Murphy
    he's usually around but i'm missing him this time round
    come on Pete get back to what you do best bud
    thinking about you TALENTED GUY

• @sw1n3flu  Feb 2018

@benjo read a little further up the thread and you’ll be pleasantly surprised

• @hoboghost Feb 22

@adforperu thanks for thinking of me. I'm finally on the board.

• @cts  Feb 22

I miss @testthebest. Very talented. @bangstick is MIA, too. He was awesome.

• @lemonstar Feb 22

@willie? of Lemondrop Moon fame.

• @zecoop  Feb 22

@cts - +100 for @testthebest Loved her stuff. 😀

https://aeautrey.bandcamp.com/

• @standup  Feb 22

Thanks @zecoop , I always liked testthebest's stuff.

• @cts  Feb 22

Ditto! Thanks @zecoop!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...