Emojis and markup

Skip to the bottom

• @tuneslayer2018  Feb 7

It seems like this is the sort of thing I could discover by trial and error or by knowing exactly where to look, but ain't nobody got time for that, right?

First off, how does one do emojis and is there a list of available emojis? I found 😀 but have been just cutting and pasting it and have no idea what to type to get it.

Second, is there any sort of markup available that will let you present text in bold, italic, underline, strikeout and the like? I've been known to use such markup in forums but obviously I can only use it if it's implemented.

Thanks.

• @brrrse  Feb 7

For the mark-up - Are you asking to mark-up your own submissions on FAWM? I don't know that I would want others to have the ability to markup my songs - and if you're going to mark up your own, you could do that in your own word processor and then edit your song and paste in the new text. 😀

• @tuneslayer2018  Feb 7

@brrrse No, when I say "markup" i mean the process of making words in the forum something besides plain ordinary text. Either bold, or italic, or something like that. For instance, on Slack and several other forums you can put a word in *asterisks* and it comes out bold. Likewise, if you put it between _underscores_ or /slashes/ it comes out italic. That's what I'm looking for -- not the ability for other people to change the text. I agree, that would not be desirable.

• @brrrse  Feb 7

Ah, yes, you mean forum specific for your own posts. I get that. I know the forums have been like this, and probably will stay like this, because there isn't a full time programmer/implementer? As you can see in other threads, there are few things about FAWM forums that people wish were more like other places and some stuff doesn't work as expected - but I hope it doesn't take away from your FAWM 😀

• @tuneslayer2018  Feb 7

Not being able to italicize things is a minor inconvenience at worst. On a scale of 1 to 10 it's about a D- in the grand scheme of things. I'm still curious about the emojis though, because I know those can be done -- I just don't know how.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...