What's the goofiest song you've ever written?

Skip to the bottom

• @garlajoie Feb 6

Hey folks! What's the silliest/most ridiculous song you've ever written? Here's mine:

Last FAWM, I decided to go for a late night Skirmish after the previous had gone so well for me earlier that night. I believe this was nearly the end of a Super Skirmish if I'm not mistaken. And so at 11pm, myself and who was left of the Fawmers were treated to the topic: Stuffed Cannibal. What does this pair of words mean? It's really up to you. I ended up writing a rockabilly blues about a guy who's all talk, with no guts. The tagline, which my roommate will never let me forget: "I don't think you're an animal / You're just a stuffed cannibal".

Tell me about your goofiest songs!

• @barrygoldman  Feb 6

I wrote a song about my e-friends butt.

• @coolparadiso  Feb 6

i wrote a song in a challenge called Rita the Sweet eater. usually gets a laugh.

• @erikdidriksen  Feb 6

The Finest Convocation of the Brook Trout.

http://files.fawmers.com/FAWM_14/erik...

• @scottlake  Feb 6

A very loong time ago @stevenwesleyguiles and I wrote a song about cheese pizza. Steve, dare I post it?

• @schlimminycricket Feb 6

I once wrote a song called "Hit Me in the Face (With a Curling Iron)." I bet you can guess what it was about.

• @metalfoot  Feb 6

Umm, I write so many silly songs I don't think I can pick one.

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Feb 6

@scottlake If we ever wrote or recorded it, I'm pretty much ok with anyone posting at any time. πŸ˜€

• @robynmackenzie  Feb 6

I once wrote a 30 second a cappella ditty with chipmunk-pitched vocals that consisted entirely of the word "mouse."

I also wrote a song about stealing a walrus from a zoo which is weirdly the most requested song at gigs.

• @scottlake  Feb 6

@stevenwesleyguiles when he was known as Steve Apple Head, complete with imitation Casio VL-Tone rhythm track: https://rockstarnot.rekkerd.org/songs...

• @radioovermoscow Feb 6

@scottlake "wrote a song about cheese pizza"

• @astock86 Feb 6

I wrote a song called "Bad Song" and it was about how much I hate songwriting.... it was one of those rough days....

• @smileymn Feb 6

I have a "song" I wrote where I recited someone else's poem as a fast as possible for the verse, and then had my own chorus. There's another nonsensical song I wrote a few years ago trying to sound like col. bruce hampton, with kinda bizarre vocal multi tracking over a bass/guitar vamp.

• @krayzie003  Feb 6

I wrote a few funny songs last FAWM. One was about fingering doughnuts and another about T-Rex pee that were both pretty funny.

• @zxcvbnm  Feb 6

One about cheap Red Y-Fronts and the challenges encounterd. πŸ˜€

• @torniojaws Feb 6

I've done some music humour in the past FAWMs, like Rammstein-by-numbers, and a ridiculously technical song that no human could ever play. I recorded it in chunks of three notes based on a MIDI version I did first πŸ˜€

• @tallmarkmusic  Feb 6

Sometimes, as I’m falling asleep, I think of a good song idea. I use my phone's voice-dictation software to write it down without disturbing my sleep. Sometimes voice-dictate works. This is one of the times when it didn’t work.

The next day, I checked my phone to find "Pork Hercules, porky leaves."
    The song had to be done.

https://tallmarkmusic.bandcamp.com/tr...

Co-written last FAWM with @ajna1960

• @visiblydistorted Feb 6

It's NSFW but my fave silly song from last FAWM was: https://soundcloud.com/jacki-moss/a-l...

• @iamthe666  Feb 6

Everyone has to get their Xmas song out of the way. I wrote mine last June 21st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaUke...

• @brrrse  Feb 6

I've written a song in which a 14 time widow goes over the deaths of her late husbands, and then decides that "It might be me". I haven't recorded it yet. I may have to soon.

• @js6  Feb 6

Last FAWM I wrote this short orchestral piece about an evil lime who kills every other fruit and vegetable at the super-market's fruit and vegetable department.
    https://soundcloud.com/jxsx6/ketku-li...

• @woolford  Feb 6

Last year, for my fortieth birthday I wrote a song for my parents, called 1976. There were four children in my family when I grew up, the first line of the song was, "Well it happened a long time ago, and at least three more times that I know of, and the thought of it happening now just about makes me throw up"
    My parents did not come to the party where I performed it so I tried to show them a video of it later - my dad lasted through the first verse before he just stood up and left. Fair enough dad, fair enough.

• @ayehahmur  Feb 6

Back in the early days of murnie we wrote lots of silly things, but the worst was probably "Iron Lady Lover" - an emotionally sensitive and delicately portrayed exploration of how tough life must have been for Denis Thatcher (husband of the former British "Prime Minister").

It was a horrendous effort and it good taste and common sense should have killed as soon as it was thought of. But what can I say, we egged each other on. I'm ashamed, but relieved it was never recorded.

• @sapient  Feb 6

Ya see, this thread right here is WHY I LOVE FAWM SO MUCH! πŸ˜ƒ
    Where the heck else could this happen? You folks are amazing!

For the record, my songs aren't all doom and gloom. Possibly the silliest one I've done was a few years back with @dasbinky called The Oncoming Storm. It was a Dragonforce pastiche about bunny rabbits using the power of metal to defeat an army of evil unicorns. It features guitar solos we stiched together a note at a time and the most amazing high-pitched singing. We also performed it live. Once. I believe the audience is still recovering from the experience... 😎

• @snoozin  Feb 6

Some years back, there was a skirmish prompt "Accidental Elephants" It was fun to write but goofy! πŸ˜€

• @theresaj  Feb 6

I wrote a song about having kids pee before leaving the house. That was weird but was a favorite around here for a long time!

• @jcameron Feb 6

er, @sapient mate, I think Gloryhammer have been stealing your ideas ...

Probably my silliest was the spoof black metal song about the singer who gets a bit too up-close-personal with his microphone and ends up swallowing it and having to have it surgically removed. Although "Cheeses Heist Superstar" the epic West Country rap metal song about a bloke who steals a load of cheese must be a very close second, if second it be.

• @tootoobee  Feb 6

About Sheep in the Desert (and actually everywhere) https://soundcloud.com/tootoobee/two-...

• @negasi Feb 6

When a Walrus man.... gets it on...
    Anyone who knows me from the first couple of FAWM years I was around probably remembers the classic called "Magnum Walrus". I think it was my one and only performance on drums 😝

• @sapient  Feb 6

@jcameron Oh, lordy, yes. Gloryhammer really are bonkers 😜

• @natchdan Feb 6

"The Priest And The Rabbi" - a punk song where guitar solos take the place of the lines of the joke.
    "Mermaids" - a song in which a man and a mermaid argue about whether or not he's scared of commitment or just can't breathe.

Probably loads more

• @tcelliott  Feb 6

I've written my fair share of goofy and silly and odd... but this *might* just be it. From yesterday:

Dancing With Dr. Seuss
    http://fawm.org/songs/79597/

• @davidbreslin101  Feb 6

Probably "Explore the Country of the Possible Future," which involves parallel universe twins and a Klezmer version of "This Little Piggy."
    I misread part of the original post as "The tagine, which my roommate will never let me forget..." I didn't think Moroccan cookery ever used human flesh?

• @jendistad  Feb 6

@sapient and @dasbinky, I adore The Oncoming Storm. That song is a favorite of mine! (= I wish I had an mp3 (or even better video of the live performance), so I could hear it again! I do recall a daisy rock butterfly guitar was involved... which was an excellent touch! πŸ˜‰

Possibly one of @ericdistad 's silliest is "The Sweedish Chef Sings the Blues." (I had to do my best impression of Beaker in that one!)

• @sapient  Feb 6

@jendistad I wish I had a vid of it too... I just scoured YouTube, but to no avail. I know we had cameras running most of the time we were at Emlenton, so maybe someone has it? In the meantime I can mail you an mp3 😎

The DaisyRock incident was (I think) me and @devin singing about the brave lad who rescued us thirsty FAWMers by cycling home to fetch a corkscew:
    https://youtu.be/IZmXhi627jg

• @metalfoot  Feb 6

So what you're saying @sapient is that our love song to a rubber duck was nowhere near the goofiest thing you've done? Nice.

• @spunky4455 Feb 6

I created a number of silly songs during 50/90. Here's one.
    (warning: contains one F bomb)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLKgX...

• @sapient  Feb 6

Heh heh, sorry @metalfoot.... Sad to say i have got goofier than that one! πŸ˜‰

• @nuj4x Feb 6

I would have to say the one I made just the other day (Saturday, I think?) called "Ballad of NuJ4X" lol

typically I try to make serious, catchy, focused songs...that one was spur of the moment and silly and I made it just to be funny and poke fun at @captainvulpine and make @tcelliott and everyone else who hears it laugh!

• @jendistad  Feb 6

@sapient , yes please. Oh, and I believe you are right about the Daisy Rock, my bad.

• @totallynotaspambot Feb 6

Beep-bup! Judging from the comments I receive I make goofy songs all the time, but my engineers never told me about humor so I don't really know. I think I am serious about my song creating. Beep!

• @steviez  Feb 6

I'm really loving hearing all these completely bonkers songs that everyone has come up with....makes me feel a little more normal πŸ˜€

Last FAWM were two of my goofiest, both from Skirmishes - the first one was "Misunderstanding" so I wrote a song about the TV show Three's Company, The second one, and perhaps the most deranged song I've EVER actually recorded, was from a Skirmish prompt "Snow Moon". So.....I wrote a song about a guy named Johnny who gets kicked out of high school but pops up years later busted by the cops while he was snorting coke out of a hooker's butt crack - hence "Snow Moons". I drank a lot more back then....

• @jamkar  Feb 6

I wrote a song about my donkey.

• @dasbinky Feb 7

@jendistad, enjoy.

http://www.dasbinky.com/resources/mp3...

@sapient , May your FAWM reach heights goofier still.

• @oblivionratula  Feb 7

I wrote a very offensive song in the style of a boring church hymn. That was about 20 years ago, and my wife will occasionally quote it to me and we'll both crack up.

• @stephenwordsmith  Feb 7

I think I wrote them both today.

• @erinkelsey3 Feb 7

Gotta be "No Bra Day" featuring many layers of a cappella instrumentation and @errol. A quality song, for sure. 😁

• @tuneslayer2018  Feb 7

Let's see here, it would have to be either a cumulative song about the Discworld (picture something like "The Rattling Bog" but with "an ape that tends to the books on the shelves in the university in the city on the river . . . ") or a song called "You're A Hack" about a Very Serious Novelist who can't understand why a guy who writes for "those who cannot read unless they move their lips" sells "a hundred books for every one of mine."

• @mikeskliar  Feb 7

@Errol and I once wrote a song called 'Anchovy Bisexual' (mentioning that just so errol will remember, ha!) .. Im sure there's been lots of silly stuff i've done... of course, the whole 'strangle disco' movement (raise your hand if you were in fawm back when that was a thing, i want to say about 2007? 2008?) was epically silly.... and now that i've looked at this thread, i guess at some point this fawm i'll try to do something extra silly..

• @erikdidriksen  Feb 7

@mikeskliar Did I get involved with strangle disco?? Label me "vomit rod!"

• @mikeskliar  Feb 7

ha, right, the anagrams for a certain composer of symphonies one of which goes 'da da da dum'

• @tsunamidaily Feb 7

i have one song that goes superfast, like 180 bpm, with all these lyrics for the verses about how time is zooming in. it has a B-52s like chorus and a groovy 311 reggae bridge that is a total tempo change. it is from 2005, near the end of the last time i lived at home before i moved out west. it is called "just let go" and it ends on that phrase repeated. i guess you have to be there.

• @gubna Feb 7

A track called Hot Taco. Probably.

https://spamystyle.bandcamp.com/track...

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Feb 7

I feel I have contributed much to the world of ridiculous, potentially embarrassing-to-claim songs.

This one, for example:
    https://mrgee.bandcamp.com/album/cat-...

And I love it with all my heart.

Oh MY GOSH @gubna!! I can't love the titles of your albums/singles enough. Track Star Zombies! YESSS!! Tears of a Wizard!! And Baconism.

#bestAlbumTitlesOrSingles #Ever

• @brownium Feb 7

I might be shy to share mine, but having listened those who went before me, I feel emboldened. I am not goofy all alone. "Where the Broccoli's At" is a strong contender, or "Tengo Zapatos". "Balls For", "Ain't Hay", and let's not forget "Omnibus" or "Dogma". Yes, I'm lousy with goofy songs.

Your majesties, regret to put before you: Bears http://brownium.com/BrownianMusic/201...

• @tuneslayer2018  Feb 7

@brownium of all the silly songs I've ever heard, that is definitely one of them. Well played sir, well played indeed.

• @complexissimple Feb 7

"Brainium", possibly?
    https://m.soundcloud.com/complexissim...

Or "Showers of Sharks"?
    http://fiftyninety.fawmers.org/song/2...

Listening back to these, I seem to have a Goofy Song Voice, which is sort of rough and wry. . . interesting.

• @captainvulpine  Feb 7

Remember the ol' parody days from 2009,10ish? A thousand versions of "All About Boys" ?
    @errol knows what I'm talking about. I think he had the first with "All About Droids". I did "All About Graboids."
    I think @sapient did the song "Viking Biking" that year?
    Good times. Probably. My memory is fucking toast *takes another drink*

• @sapient  Feb 7

Good lord, @captainvulpine, you are right, 2010 was a very silly year. Indeed I put music to @stephenwordsmith's Viking Biking. I also did two of those "All About..." parodies, "All About The Void" (with a homesick Cuthulhu) and "All About The Walrus", based on the "i haz a bukkit" meme.
    Happy days πŸ˜ƒ

• @wobbiewobbit  Feb 7

i've got mostly silly songs, maybe the silliest came from an Auntie-Sin (the anti- syn game) where i was "synthesising" two opposite songs of @wille and @sapient - i remember the lyrics to sapient's in their entirety as it was about 10 seconds long.. "not every morris dancer wants to eat brains, but yours are exquisite" anyway it led to my song, Zombie Morris Dancers which i still regularly perform live. http://wobbiewobbit.com/a-z/zombie-mo...

• @sapient  Feb 7

@wobbiewobbit Wow! So happy to hear that song lives on! πŸ˜ƒ

• @iamthe666  Feb 7

Well, I posted earlier about my "Merry Solstice" song (that I wrote last June) but I'm currently working on a song with the title: "The Dick Joke Song".

Just curious; will I get some flack (abuse reports) if I post it? Nothing offensive (well, I don't think so; just some funny *dick* observations). I guess I need to check the FAQs.

• @errol Feb 7

Almost every one of my songs are goofy, I like how I have been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

@erinkelsey3 "No bra day" was glorious.

@mikeskliar I do remember that one! I also remember doing a song in the style of Bjork and that was weird.

@captainvulpine "All about the boys" shocked me how everyone made parodies of it. It was originally a collab where I was teasing a fawmer friend about being boy focused. And then I released the instrumentation for fun. And it exploded into about 50 collabs. I had to create a new account to hold those collabs because my profile was becoming inundated with "All about the boys" parodies. 😁

• @errol Feb 7

As for songs I like, "ILMWB" is a very fun song I wrote about my wife.

The songs I wrote for the FAWM musical. Those are always fun. The one I did with @philnorman makes me smile.

The collab I wrote with Jules sticks out particularly to me because people were upset I sullied her talent with such a ridiculous murder song about bacon.

I like the song I sang on @pifie instrumentation where I sang the walkthrough through the video game Zork.

Any song I've had to sing in different languages. Those were hard and fun. (@karan always makes me sing in German and I destroy the language).

And Pure Cane Lover. I love that one. 😁

Oh man, so many goofy songs I can fondly think back on. Too many to list here...

• @metalfoot  Feb 7

This is both a necessary component in my FAWM album this year and possibly one of the silliest songs I've ever written:
    http://fawm.org/songs/80037/

@metalfoot Beatiful short punk rock songs about exploding teacups. πŸ˜€

• @sueawesome Feb 7

my first fawm I wrote a lyric called 'conversation confection' - it was about conversation hearts (I wrote it on valentines when the fawm logo turned into a conversation heart) (which was a first for me to see). I thought it was pretty goofy/silly but then @johncrossman sang it and it was awesome. I just posted a song about ice cream lol (not typical for me, pretty sure chocolate is next lol)

• @sueawesome Feb 7

all of @errol songs are goofy

like, all πŸ˜€

• @jjbiener Feb 7

This is my favorite silly song I've written. I like it so much I am going to include it in my busking routine.

The Rubber Duck Song

http://fawm.org/songs/77493/

• @bking  Feb 7

When I saw this thread, the first thought to enter my mind was @errol and All About ... I know I did at least a few.

I did an acapella duet with my then four year old daughter while cooking dinner. It was called Pork Chops.

And then there were the episodic adventures of the Telepathic Bung Floggers of Phobos.

• @spingo  Feb 7

(I)This is the (V)two chord (I)song
    (I)Not very good but it's (V)not very (I)long
    V I

• @errol Feb 7

@sueawesome can't argue with you there. πŸ˜€

@bking That reminds me of the Leather Goddess of Phobos. And now this strikes me as deja vu. Did I ever comment about that to you?

• @bking  Feb 7

@errol I'm not familiar with that one, but I'd like to hear about it.

• @michaelbone Feb 7

I always embrace the goof. Most recent fawm song is about gardening but also moody

• @mrmule Feb 7

Probably the shitty song about LSD that I did on LSD. I used it later on to promote the dangers of drugs, you might THINK you have the greatest fucking song of all time in your hands, and then later on realize that it was fun only to you for that one night. 😁

• @stuartbenbow  Feb 7

Depends on your definition of silly. Embarrassing silly would be my first FAWM’s creation of Cheesy Goodness, an ode to Mac β€˜n cheese when I was desperate to hit 14 songs. Then there’s the silly but fun cereal killer, a co-write featuring lyrics like our suspect’s in the navy, I think it’s captain crunch. πŸ˜€

• @devin  Feb 7

It’s pretty hard to narrow it down to just one, but this morning’s creation is in the top 5.

A song about being a hair metal god of the 80’s... called β€œDon’t Touch My Hairspray”. I crammed as many stereotypes and items of my youth into as it would hold.

http://fawm.org/songs/80249/

• @bradbrubaker  Feb 7

I wrote a 30 second PSA ditty about "lifting the seat" to the tune of "She'll Be Comin' 'Round the Mountain."

And @johnstaples particularly loved my tune "Walrus Love Song" two or three years ago.

• @johnstaples  Feb 7

@bradbrubaker, as I recall, I did indeed love that "Walrus Love Song"!!! 😁

• @eloisedrew Feb 8

I wrote a song about hats. About 25%+ of the lyrics are just the word "hat" repeated 😁

• @elliottlawrence Feb 8

This was my attempt at something a bit theatrical: http://fawm.org/songs/80129/

It's fun every once in a while to just let loose and record whatever you want.

• @wistah  Feb 8

I wrote a song last year about "Twinkies Del La Mer", a mythical internet recipe where you take a twinkie, slice it in half longitudinally, scoop out the cream filling, mix said filling with tuna fish, stuff the fish / filling mix back into the twinkie, reassemble, and bake in the oven until warm.

• @darkmantle  Feb 8

Last FAWM @debs and I wrote a song called "Firehose" to the tune of "Firework" by Katy Perry. It's an extremely NSFW song about a pill to make a guy, um... let's say, "finish" like a firehose. πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• @nateger Feb 8

I wrote a monster movie soundscape about a monster that wants to pick your nose (and may or may not want to kill you too?)

http://fawm.org/songs/80394/

• @tawny249 Feb 8

I wrote a song for a contest (years ago...) that is the natural result of using Godzilla as the subject of an "It's a Small World After All" parody. Use your imagination. 😝

• @karan  Feb 17

Definitely the German songs I wrote for @errol - he did an incredibly good job singing this weird language he doesn't even speak, and I didn't exactly make it easy for him! πŸ˜€

• @loveonamixtape  Feb 17

I wrote a song my first song for a nail polish color names challenge called Cocktail Bling, I think? And it ended up being a goofy rap song about going out clubbing that got real dark and sad by the end.

• @dutch1967 Feb 17

Must’ve been a song I did for FAWM last year (or was it the year before?). I believe it was called Lord Of The Manor and its subject was my ginger tomcat Binkie. I wrote it in Lolcatz. That was really the only goofy part coz songs about cats are anything but goofy.

• @iamthe666  Feb 17

I just wrote it (see my lyrics for "To and Too is Two").

I think it beats out my "Merry Solstice" and my "The Dick Joke Song" for goofiest. However, writing it kinda gave me a headache :^)

• @sherrycanary  Feb 17

I wrote a song with smell as a prompt.
    It was called Drunkards Puke and French Perfume

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...