What is FAWMKu?

Skip to the bottom

• @haim  Feb 5

Hi. I try to understand FAWMku. what does it mean and what do you need to write? Just write three lines of anything in my mind without any pattern?

• @js6  Feb 5

I think it's FAWM haiku.

• @visiblydistorted Feb 5

haiku poems are three lines long, counted five syllables, seven syllables, and five syllables. the last line usually both acts as a surprise and puts the first two lines into context, but that's not necessary. traditional haikus are very naturey, too, but FAWMku are pretty openminded πŸ˜€ I suggest reading up a little on haiku poetry, it's actually kind of interesting.

• @haim  Feb 5

@visiblydistorted thanks! I have just wrote my first one and posted it hahaa. Thanks. @js6 thank you too. It's cool gonna participate often hopefully.

• @visiblydistorted Feb 5

@haim
    you are so welcome,
    I hope you have fun with it
    question everything!

• @haim  Feb 5

@visiblydistorted
    Thank you dear helper
    You saved my life with your words
    have a lovely fawm.

• @devin  Feb 5

FAWMku before FAWM
    Gets the muse juices flowing
    Distracts us in Feb

• @tuneslayer2018  Feb 5

Wish I could write songs
    That, like this one, are haiku:
    "Moonlight In Vermont"

• @mleverette  Feb 6

So is this just a fun thing or is it a challenge? I LOVE this idea!

• @kathym  Feb 6

fawmku is one of the first threads that fires up every time the site is reset. It's a riot reading them as one posting leads into the next, often with the succeeding post connecting to something in the previous post. It wouldn't be fawm without it.
    You can also check out the fawmericks, which are fawm limericks.
    There is a ridiculous amount of fun to be had on this site. If you have seen postings about what people do to prepare such as getting the studio ready, stocking the cabinets with coffee, tea and treats, cleaning the house, and a hundred other things, it's because we love hanging out together for the month when everything is going full force.

• @devin  Feb 6

@kathym speaks true
    You just can’t pronounce the β€œ@β€œ
    FAWMku timing save

• @fuzzy  Feb 6

Five, seven, five is
    The number of syllables.
    That is a haiku.

• @barbara  Feb 6

FAWMku splinters
    Threatens to take over threads
    (Even as I speak)

• @barbara  Feb 6

4,7,5...my mistake

• @fuzzy  Feb 6

FAWMku the virus
    Is infecting other threads,
    Like this very one.

• @driftwood1  Feb 6

The forums were lost
    To an outbreak of fawmku
    Lets go write some songs

• @spinhead  Feb 6

Let's all remember that those syllable counts are for writing in Japanese, where each syllable counts for a lot more than a semantically sparse language like English.

I like the idea proposed in "Writing Down the Bones" to just write three lines: short, less short, short, but to focus mostly on the twist, the surprise, the little leap before the end.

But then, I'm the guy who spent FAMWku's first few years injecting limericks into the feed and getting booted out, so y'all should oughta ignore me.

• @timfatchen  Feb 7

And where WERE you, @spinhead , when the poor FAWMericks needed resurrection this year??? I'm sure I've doomed myself to a FAWMless FAWM as punishment for bring in them alive again.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...