Massachusetts: Boston, Central Mass, Southern NH

Skip to the bottom

• @mikegtz  Jan 2018

Hi to Fawmers from our area. This is @mikegtz and I have been here 11 years. Come say hello to me.

• @gummunq Jan 2018

Hihi! I just moved to Boston last month! Fawming for the 9th time (that can’t be right....)

• @tamsnumber4 Jan 2018

Welcome @gummunq I'm from NH! Thanks for starting the Mass thread Mike! We lonely NH folk need a place to go LOL!!

• @wistah  Jan 2018

Back on board for 2018. Representing Worcester, MA to the best of my ability. I would also like to introduce @cking, another Mass resident new to FAWM. Please visit her soundboard and say hi!

• @wistah  Jan 2018

Welcome to the area @gummunq 😀

• @bethdesombre  Jan 2018

Howdy. I'm in!

• @unpronounceable  Jan 2018

Quiet and busy living, but I can't stay away!

• @gbg2016  Jan 2018

Hello from the northwest corner

• @driftwood1  Jan 2018

@mikegtz You got something against us south shore folks? 😛

• @mikegtz  Jan 2018

Hardly, love my South Shore and Bristol County folks. Also folks from the Cape are welcome if you don't form your own message board.

• @mandosally  Jan 2018

Hi all, I'm a newbie to FAWM. Writing tunes here in Worcester. Looking forward to this fun and creative challenge.

• @wnoons Jan 2018

I've been doing the RPM Challenge for eleven years. A friend from Amsterdam turned me onto FAWM. I figured if I'm writing the songs anyway, I may as well post them in two locations.

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

I'm here for the third year in a row....I'm hooked!

@wistah I've been trying to talk a friend of mine from church to join FAWM, he's a local singer/songwriter who has some great music. Maybe next year. Anyway, he and his fiancée closed on a house in Worcester today, and with their upcoming wedding and a rescue dog recently added to their family a couple of weeks ago, I think this February is too chaotic. Anyway....I'd love to introduce you. I'll suggest your Valentine's Day concert to them.

• @jinxcat Feb 2018

Checking in from Danvers! Buuuut I'm flying out to CA on the 9th, and not returning until latelate night the 28th. So I'm gonna have to do most of this from out there. Just glad I left a spare guitar at my mom's place!

• @mikegtz  Feb 2018

Welcome to the area.

• @epf Feb 2018

New Boston-area FAWMer here. Hi!

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

Is anyone interested in having a FAWM-over party at my home in March? If so, shoot me an email and your best available dates and I’ll send out an evite to those who dare send me their email address.

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

My email is colgoo at mac dot com.

• @unpronounceable  Feb 2018

Ooo thanks for offering @colgoo !!!

• @wistah  Feb 2018

@coolgoo, I'd be delighted to meet them. Also, I'd be delighted to attend a FAWM over party in March if I'm available.

• @maeflower  Feb 2018

Hi there. I've been knocking around FAWM since 2006....have won it some years, have gone half way others, and have had to miss it altogether a few years. This year I'm knee deep with my kidlets. My one year old still wakes three times a night, and will not let me leave the room for 30 seconds without screaming. But I'm still hoping to get a half-fawm in.

Geographically speaking, I'm also in southern NH (hi Tammy!), but happy to trek to Boston for a party. We'll be out of town for a week starting Feb 25, so a FAWM over party would not be possible for me on the first weekend of March. But don't hold up your plans on my account!

Happy FAWMing, greater Boston peeps!

• @idonotlikepeas Feb 2018

Back again from the Somerville area; just dropping into the thread to say hi and good luck to everyone!

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

Just a quick plug for @bethdesombre @wistah and @tamsnumber4 .

They are doing a joint concert on Valentine’s Day! I’ll let them send advertising details. My husband has agreed to me attending the show. I’d love to see more of you there!

Keep writing and I’ll try to keep listening. Once I hear about available dates, I’ll announce my house party for March. Right now, March 17th looks like the best possibility. I’ll send details in a few weeks.

• @fox Feb 2018

Hey, thanks to @tamsnumber4 for pointing me here. Hello from Cambridge!

• @bethdesombre  Feb 2018

Yup: here's the detail on the FAWM-themed concert on February 14th. Come hear a bunch of February-written (this year, and other years) songs from three FAWMers -- at a truly lovely cafe: https://www.facebook.com/events/16329...

• @nateger Feb 2018

Ahoy friends, reporting in from the mean streets of Sudbury, MA. It's a crazy life in the suburbs

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

Okay....let’s talk dates. I’ll post details here and via email once we’ve got a location. (Location will either be at the Vault in Somerville, First Church Somerville in Davis Square, or my home in Belmont. If we do it at my home or the church, we can have a keyboard/piano available for the pianists....

How does St. Patrick’s Day (Sat. March 17th) look for you?

Would the afternoon on Sunday March 18th look better or worse?

If neither of those dates work, what will work for you?

@mikegtz @gummunq @tamsnumber4 @tamsnumber4 @wistah @bethdesombre @fox @idonotlikepeas @maeflower @unpronounceable @gbg2016 @driftwood1 @mandosally @wnoons @jinxcat @epf

Please tag anyone on your watchlist who is in the Boston area and not part of the discussion yet!

• @tamsnumber4 Feb 2018

St. Patrick's Day is my birthday and my husband makes the corned beef dinner at our church, so I need to watch the kids. Always a tricky day for me. Sunday's area always better for me and good traffic wise, just my own situation.

17th works for me, 18th probably won't work.

• @bethdesombre  Feb 2018

Right now both are possible; Sundays do offer better parking. I'm more likely to make it to a Somerville gathering than a Belmont one.

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

@markg

Come join in the conversation.

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

@bethdesombre

I will keep that in mind. I’ll see if I can reserve the church for a Saturday, preferably March 17th. We could do a potluck...

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

@tamsnumber4

Happy Birthday....

Looks like the date is going to be tricky one way or another....I’d really like to see some of the new people come, but not at the expense of the regulars....

This is why I feel anxiety setting up appointments.....

• @wistah  Feb 2018

Saturday March 17th is no good for me. I'm game for the 18th. Wherever is fine.

• @tamsnumber4 Feb 2018

Choosing a holiday for any reason is always tricky.

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

Tally so far:

March 17: Colleen, @bethdesombre @unpronounceable

March 18: Colleen, Beth, @wistah @tamsnumber4

It’s too close (and not enough feedback) to tell. So, please if you’re at all interested, weigh in!

• @tamsnumber4 Feb 2018

@colgoo Just to consider, St. Pats is a drinking holiday and not one to be out driving on. If you do have that day, make it as early as possible, but there are usually more holiday activities when a holiday falls on a Saturday. The Parade in Boston is at 1pm, there will be traffic on the highways.

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

Good points, Tammy!

Not being a drinker, I don’t often think of that.....

So, let’s take the 17th off the table....I want everyone to feel safe!

@unpronounceable are Sundays not good for you?

Would Saturday the 10th or a Friday evening work better than Sunday, March 18th? I’d kind of like some date feedback before I check the FCS calendar.

Sundays are not good. I could make the 10th work though!

• @s7even Feb 2018

Hey guys. South shore. Brand new to this site and writing. So far it’s been a cool experience. Be blessed.

• @markg  Feb 2018

Thanks for the invite. March 17 no good for me but it looks like that’s off the table. Sunday 18th is good. Sundays better for me but can do a Saturday with ample noice. I live in Newton so everyplace mentioned is close for me.

• @colgoo  Feb 2018

@andrewjtaylor

Do you want to weigh in on the FAWM over party?

• @gummunq Feb 2018

18th is better for me than 10th!

• @andrewjtaylor  Feb 2018

Aloha! Thanks for the mention. Sundays don't work for me because I play keys at church and there's no alternate. Saturdays work. I just need to confer with my wife to make sure she doesn't have anything planned for us (typically youth group activities) on a given Saturday. BTW, I just found out that @cking is from my town! Dennis on Cape Cod. Pretty awesome.

• @wistah  Feb 2018

I can do the 10th as long as I can get to Foxboro by 7 pm for my gig. I can also do the 18th.

• @mikegtz  Feb 2018

Saturday I have a showcase gig in Connecticut, but Sunday in the afternoon should work for me at any chosen location. If we do Bloc 11 again, we have to give a couple days notice and buy food.

• @colgoo  Feb 16

Just for those of you who want to get a flavor for how the FAWM-over party works....it's kinda like this song I wrote yesterday:

http://fawm.org/songs/83129/

• @markg  Feb 17

Is anyone going to the Joe Val Bluegrass Fest in Framingham this weekend? I’ll be there Saturday and would like to say hello to any FAWMers attending. Www.BBU.org for details.

• @driftwood1  Feb 17

Sadly I'm not able to make it this year. I played a showcase there last year and it looked like a great event. I wished I coulda stayed the weekend. Enjoy.

• @colgoo  Feb 25

Okay, last year, plans for an event at my house fell through because my brother-in-law died unexpectedly. How many of you would commit to an informal lunch in Belmont on March 10 to showcase your songs? If I don't have you friended on Facebook or an email address, please send me a message if you want to come jam in my living room and have potluck lunch.

We would also do the usual FAWM-over party in Somerville on March 18. I can't book it at my church because it is too busy with Lent and Easter preparation, so should I be calling Bloc 11? Would a 2:00 start time work?

@gummunq @tamsnumber4 @tamsnumber4 @wistah @bethdesombre @fox @idonotlikepeas @maeflower @unpronounceable @gbg2016 @driftwood1 @mandosally @wnoons @jinxcat @epf
    @mikegtz

• @mikegtz  Feb 26

I could come on the 18th to Bloc 11 and I could be there at 2pm, but we may want to start at 3pm. You can call the day before and it will be fine. Thanks for coordinating this. Sorry I won’t be able to come on the 10th.

• @carleybaer Feb 26

Hi everyone! I'm new to Cambridge/Somerville and would love to be a part of a FOP (in all my years of FAWMing I've never actually made it to one). My schedule is open, just need to let work know once we have it nailed down. Also I love Bloc 11 😀

• @wistah  Feb 26

I can do the 10th and / or the 18th. I have a gig on the 10th at 9 pm, so we'd need to be done early enough so I can get home, pack up, and get to my show.

• @bethdesombre  Feb 26

Not sure about the 10th; flexible on time on the 18th -- yes, in the past we've called Bloc 11 to reserve the vault space (and they then request that we each order some food/drink -- if you are calling them, you can tell them upfront that we well . . .)

• @antlion Mar 1

I think I could do the 10th in Belmont if that's happening! personally I'm very music-shy and a home sounds more comfortable for sharing than bloc 😀

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 1

Please include @mccannrs in FAWM over messages, he is in Lowell!!

• @itoarazi Mar 1

I'm just seeing this. Hello from Worcester!!

• @wistah  Mar 1

Welcome @itoarazi, a hell of a fine musician from the Woo.

• @bethdesombre  Mar 1

@antlion : in bloc 11 we're in a private room so it's cozy and not intimidating at all . . .

• @antlion Mar 1

ah cool, that room way in the back? I was imagining the more open whole back half where they do their open mic 😀

• @gummunq Mar 1

Hihii I can make it to Mar 11, as long as it ends by 4pm. The following weekend I’ll be out of town 😞

• @gummunq Mar 2

I meant mar 10 hehehr

• @mccannrs Mar 2

Depending on when/if I have work on the 18th, I should be able to make it then. I hope I get the chance to meet all of you!

• @colgoo  Mar 4

Okay.

The FAWM-over potluck is definitely on for next Saturday from 1-4 pm in Belmont. We will perform in my living room. Just a heads-up for those with allergies or health issues: we have a small (non-shedding) dog and small pets (that stay in their own pet room). We also have a flight of stairs into our condo. Our home is T-accessible (10 minute walk) and there is parking available on our street.

I invited those of you who are Facebook friends and will send an e-mail or private message to those who’ve reached out to me. Send me an RSVP and I’ll message you directions and the address.

I don’t foresee a problem with Bloc 11 for the official FAWM-over party, 3:00 p.m. on Sunday March 18th, but still need to confirm that. I spoke to the wrong person and he told me we couldn’t reserve the space on weekends. I’ll try with a different person tomorrow.

• @driftwood1  Mar 4

I hope everyone safely weathered the storm. I just got power back after 48 hrs. It was getting a might chilly.

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 4

So glad you are safe @driftwood1 NH didn't suffer too much, but the coast and the folks in Mass took a beating. We got tired of power outages and have a generator, I highly recommend! I also hope everyone made it through with no damage.

• @andrewjtaylor  Mar 4

Sorry @Colgoo. Don’t know how I missed this but we’ll be at a two day conference Friday and Saturday 9th and 10th that doesn’t end until 3 PM the 10th. Our best bet is Sunday the 18th, though it’ll be tight since we have to be back on Cape by 6:30. Tentatively, it might not work again, sorry to say. 😞 Thank you for all your organizational efforts.

• @gummunq Mar 4

Hihi! Can you send me the details? mj@mkwan.com

• @mikegtz  Mar 5

Hi @colgoo and everyone. I am working on the 10th but I can be there at 3pm at Bloc 11 on Sunday 3/18. Looking forward to seeing whoever can make it then.

• @mom23gals  Mar 6

I just saw this thread. I'm sorry to miss all the post-FAWM gatherings this year, my calendar is so full in March! I know you'll all have a great time meeting and performing together. Have fun! (And hopefully I'll be back in action and ready to play next March.)

• @carleybaer Mar 8

Hey y'all! Short notice but anyone who's near Back Bay this evening, I'm playing at The Bebop from 7-10pm. (I picked up the gig yesterday so didn't get a chance to properly promote, but I'll be there again on the 22nd at 5pm!)

• @colgoo  Mar 10

The potluck went so well. Even though there were only three of us here, it was so fun!!! Plus, we got to showcase more of our music!!!

Looking forward to next week’s party!

• @antlion Mar 17

ugh I've been progressively coming down with some kind of bug over the last couple of days and if I feel yet worse tomorrow I might have to miss yet another Boston FOP. 😞 don't want to spread anything. The potluck at @colgoo 's was lovely though!!

• @colgoo  Mar 17

Oh no, Josh! And I made a huge mistake last week! We forgot to take a group photo! Hope you feel better soon. Kick that cold to the curb!

• @mom23gals  Mar 17

Hope you all have fun today! Remember to take pix!

• @mom23gals  Mar 17

Oops, have fun tomorrow! 😀

• @tamsnumber4 Mar 18

OH NO JOSH!! I have been waiting YEARS to meet you!! sigh...@antlion

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...