TEXAS

Skip to the bottom

• @jacobeverettwallace  Jan 2018

Texas deserves its own category...but I digress. I was so proud of us Texans last year. We went hard and partied harder. Let's do again!

State your allegiance! I'm in Dallas-Fort Worth, but just moved to Weatherford.

Cheers!

• @ballyhoot  Jan 2018

Howdy from Austin to Jacob and all you other Texans, wherever you may be, native born or transplant or just a part of the spiritual brotherhood.

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 2018

Member of the Houston TX spiritual brotherhood present. Spend time in Houston a couple of times a year visiting my sister and family.

• @jamkar  Jan 2018

Big welcome from Gainesville!

• @bri4n  Jan 2018

Greetings from Austin 😀

• @valeriecox  Jan 2018

Y'all know I'm from central Texas. What you don't know is that I'm fifth generation Texas proud. Anyway, hi!

• @pjchristie Jan 2018

Also in Austin. Have what I think is an interesting concept and some friendly musicians here who will follow all my detours. Problem is I move in Feb. But sometimes a move produces interesting acoustic rooms for spontaneous FAWMing.

• @smoothy Jan 2018

Greetings fellow Austin Fawmers! First timer here - ready to rock this!

• @valeriecox  Jan 2018

Hey there @smoothy! Welcome to FAWM.

• @smoothy Jan 2018

Thanks @valeriecox ! nice to meet you 😀

• @ballyhoot  Jan 2018

Howdy @smoothy !! Let’s have a great FAWM and represent Austin!!!😀

• @skipper Feb 2018

From San Angelo but living in Oklahoma right now. ALWAYS looking to meet collaborators with music and vocals to go with my lyrics.

• @ballyhoot  Feb 2018

Welcome to FAWM @skipper ! Good luck and have fun!

• @mleverette  Feb 2018

Hey y'all! Glad to be among friends. This place is loaded with them. 😀 Hapoy FAWMing! It's my first time here so advice is always welcome.

• @mychaleg Feb 2018

Another Austin boi here 😀

• @ballyhoot  Feb 2018

Welcome to @mleverette and @mychaleg . Wishing you a great FAWM! I’ll try to swing by your pages sometime this week and check out what you got going .

• @defaultdave  Feb 2018

Displaced Texan in NYC here!
    Even doing a Western album this year, got to get my draw back.

• @ballyhoot  Feb 2018

Welcome back to (sorta) Texas! Good luck with FAWM this year.

• @ballyhoot  Feb 2018

Just want to gauge interest in a Texas Fawm Over Party(FOP). We did one last year at Kick Butt Coffee in Austin on Airport Blvd. They let us use their stage and equipment for free during the day and we just just took turns playing our FAWM songs, then all joined in at the end to perform the “exquisite corpse” song we had built together during fawm. I’ll post links to videos after lunch if you’re interested.

Anyway, what’s the interest in doing it again? I can try to get KBC on board again if everybody is cool with that. Date wise, I’d lean toward Saturday March 24 (post-SXSW).

Thoughts?

• @valeriecox  Feb 2018

Kick Butt Coffee was good location. Unless something changes in my schedule Mar 24 is good for me.

• @ballyhoot  Feb 2018

If this works, this link should take you to YouTube where I uploaded all the video files from last years Texas FOP. One file per song. I didn’t record all the performances (camera memory issues), but I got about 13 of them.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCAJq8E...

• @brownium Feb 2018

24 March works for me. Now I just need to get to writing, so I'll have something to play!

Shall we do another Texquisite Corpse?

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 2018

I'm in for March 24.

• @ballyhoot  Feb 2018

That makes 4 of us. Do you think that’s enough to move forward? I think I’ll start a new thread just about the FOP, see if I can rope anyone else in....😀

• @mleverette  Feb 18

@brownium can I just sing bgv for someone? 😜

• @brownium Feb 18

@mleverette - Yip.

• @ballyhoot  Feb 18

I concur. Actually you don’t actually have to sing at all. I almost chickened out last time but managed to push myself on stage and go for it, with mixed results, but I’m glad I did it. But your level of participation is totally up to you

• @klyn Feb 25

Another Austinite!! - I just saw this. We had no idea y'all had a get together these last couple years! We should be able to make the 24th as well at Kick Butt. We will watch for the details, plan on 2 more. (my husband & I both do FAWM)

• @ballyhoot  Feb 25

@klyn, Awesome!! Last year was our first year. I’m still waiting to hear back from kick butt coffee about my request. Might need to send a follow up. Make sure you check out the thread about the texquisite corpse!!

• @klyn Feb 25

Thanks for the update @ballyhoot! I will definitely check back for any updates & look forward to meeting y'all. Rock on! : )

• @mleverette  Mar 24

Alrighty, friends...Do I make a drive down?

• @metalfoot  Mar 24

@mleverette The answer is in the Texas FOP thread (and it is a yes! Details are in that thread down the page a little. Wish I were a Texan about now...)

• @ballyhoot  Mar 24

@mleverette , We’ve been emailing together but I’ll repeat here what I said there: yes, come if you can. More the merrier!!😀

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...