Posts FAWM Meet Up Southern California

Skip to the bottom

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 12

MARCH 10 ** SAN DIMAS ** 6:30-8:30 PM **

Hey SoCal: @arelyn, @rockhopper, @jhunter2733 (now any of the other Murietta folk?), @rops, @madeline, @spiffyflinger, @jacobmorales, @cynthiawolff, @stevenwesleyguiles, @spinhead, @jorgebergeron (you could go both ways I suppose), @billysea, @jamesstaubes,,@trumpetplaya9,

Who's coming?!!
    Also, join our Facebook Page:

2018 Attendees Confirmed
    @cynthiawolff +1

Definitely Maybe
    @sueawesome (via facetime or some such device)

Not This Year But Maybe Next

• @madeline Jan 12

Depending on the day / location I would be interested. Are you at all open to hosting this in a different location, perhaps a bit further south this time?
    Not sure where most people planning to attend are coming from but it was quite the trek, at least for me.

• @spinhead  Jan 12

I'd love to finally do this. Keep me in the loop.

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 13

@madeline - The reason we hosted up here was because of ease of hosting (i.e. the venue was pretty much open to us ANY time we wanted and gave us sound and everything). For now the plan is to have it in San Dimas in early March. @superblonde - hope to see ya. 😀

• @madeline Jan 15

Fair enough. They have surely earned their FAWM community loyalty with that sweet offer. Thank you for the update.

• @spinhead  Jan 16

@stevenwesleyguiles Remind me the exact location so I can get out my compass and charts and dividers and sextant and that other thing I'll need.

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 17

@spinhead San Dimas, CA 91773
    😀 Brushstroke Music (also listed as San Dimas Music in many locations).

• @jamesstaubes  Jan 20

Dude I'm in.

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 20

@jamesstaubes BOOM!!
    It's happening! Where two or more are gathered in the name of FAWM, there shall there be a FAWM OVER PARTY.

• @jamesstaubes  Jan 20

That's a good spot too and we're lucky they're so willing to accomodate us. 😀

• @spiffyflinger 7 weeks

I missed out last time so I'd love to do it this time. How was it last time?

• @aerlyn 7 weeks

I'm going to have to miss out on the FAWMovers until I get my license... I hope everyone has a great time though! Someday, I hope to 😀

• @stevenwesleyguiles  7 weeks

@spiffyflinger It was awesome! We even have video of the event somewhere that @jacobmorales filmed!

And @aerlyn , where are you in SoCal? Because, you know, maybe carpool could happen. 😀

• @aerlyn 7 weeks

@stevenwesleyguiles I live in L.A., but I'm in the West Covina area on Sundays. Not sure if my parents would exactly let me carpool with people they haven't met before, but I can ask if they can drive me. I doubt it though.

@aerlyn Have your parents come!! 😀
    It's like a little mini coffeehouse kind of show. NOT high pressure. we each do 1-2 songs max. Very chill. 😀

• @spiffyflinger 7 weeks

I found the video! That looks fun as heck, I'm really looking forward to joining you guys this time!

Also...I'm doing a show tonight from 7-7:30 in Azusa, CA at Mantra Coffee Co. It's free. It's a really cool little coffee shop venue and I'm opening for my esteemed colleague, John R. Williamson. 😀

• @rambam 7 weeks

I'm up for this too. I'm in LA

• @stevenwesleyguiles  6 weeks

Also @mynameismilk needs to be in on this.
    He's in the socal as well! 😀

• @cynthiawolff  6 weeks

this time i truly want to make it...
    earlier the better for me...

• @jacobmorales 6 weeks

2017 Post FAWM show - Southern Cal.

• @zoelogical 6 weeks

i'm interested! i'm new, but i'm down in huntington beach if anyone wants to carpool.

• @joshlevitre  6 weeks

I'll be in Southern Cal from March 2-11. Will this be happening within those days?

• @rustyp  6 weeks

I'm in if the schedule permits! I'm in Corona, so the closer the better.

• @rustyp  6 weeks

@stevenwesleyguiles  Please keep me posted.

• @rustyp  3 weeks

Hi @stevenwesleyguiles  Any news on the event? If there's anything I can do, please let me know. 😀

• @stevenwesleyguiles  3 weeks

@joshlevitre I am gonna look at my calendar right now. 😀

@rambam @rustyp @zoelogical
    @jacobmorales @cynthiawolff @spiffyflinger @arelyn, @rockhopper, @jhunter2733 , @rops, @madeline, @spiffyflinger, @jacobmorales, @cynthiawolff, @stevenwesleyguiles, @spinhead, @jorgebergeron , @billysea, @jamesstaubes,,@trumpetplaya9,

Current Plan is March 10 from 6:30-8:30pm in San Dimas. Other info to be announced. There's a pizza place next door to the venue, so we could head over afterward for pizza and soda/beer/wine/water/coffee/tea.

@rustyp - You could reach out to OTHER SoCal Famwers if you do a search. I think you'd want to look at anyone who participated, but even SoCal people who were active but didn't write could show up and be in the audience.

Also, would anyone be willing to make a flyer for the evening?
    Heck, maybe we could do a potluck type thing and bring some snacks or desserts. I think the owner of the shop will be totally down with us having food there. 😀

And last

• @jamesstaubes  3 weeks

I can do it. Thanks!

but not least...

We usually donate a couple of bucks to help pay our soundguy at the venue. (It's a music store). He stays after hours. 😀

• @cynthiawolff  3 weeks

This year I am really going to try and make
    (i said that last year) ugh
    you know traffic on the 710, the 5, etc ect...
    Anyhow do we prepare songs for an open mic...
    How's it go...

@cynthiawolff We usually do 2-3 songs each...if there are a TON of people, for sure 2 songs. No 15 minute rock operas though. 😀

We tend to keep it to about 5 minutes a person. But if we're a smaller group it could be more like us sitting in a circle and performing for each other. 😀

I'm open to lots of possibilities. 😀

• @marchllywd1 2 weeks

I would love to attend , however it is a little too far for me. Thank you for the invite though.

• @crisp1  2 weeks

I'm envious that you all will be able to get together but I won't be able to make it any time soon as I'll be overseas for a while. Thanks to @rustyp for tracking me down and extending an invite.

• @rustyp  2 weeks

I left messages and links to this thread on several FAWMers dashboards who seem to be in SoCal and who have 1 or more songs posted. I figured that people with 0 songs probably wouldn't be coming back to FAWM to check.

• @sueawesome 2 weeks

can I come even if I'm an east coaster? 😝

• @charliecheney  2 weeks

@fiddlerblick80 check this out. Sat March 10. San Dimas.

• @fiddlerblick80 2 weeks

Aw I would but I have a gig playing 80’s tunes with an Irish band. Have fun, all!

• @cynthiawolff  2 weeks

@fiddlerblick80 aww too bad..I would love to see you..
    Where are you playing? Is it open to the public or a private thing
    I believe I am going to San Dimas cause you know Bill and Ted!!

I did a collab with @rustyp and now i get to meet him on the reals

• @spiffyflinger 2 weeks

Sounds good dudes!

• @stevenwesleyguiles  2 weeks

Ok. All. It's happening, yo!
    March 10
    Brushstroke Music (formerly San Dimas Music).
    After party following next door at Michaelangelos.

Bring a few bucks to help us pay for sound.

Bring 2-3 songs. If we're a much smaller group, we'll do 3, more we'll do 2. 😀

@sueawesome OF COURSE YOU CAN!! Are you going to be in the area?

BTW - Here's our year-round Facebook page.

• @sueawesome 2 weeks

no 🙈 I just really want to be at a fawm meet up in cali 😝

I'll FaceTime 🙌🏻

• @grm 2 weeks

San Dimas is 6 hours by Public Transportation for me, and I ain't got no car at the moment... so I must decline. C'mon closer to San Diego next year.
    follow me at

@sueawesome We will try and have a Facebook Live thing going too. 😀

• @joshlevitre  2 weeks

I’ll be there @stevenwesleyguiles!

@joshlevitre SWEET! I'll add you to the list!

• @sueawesome 2 weeks

I'm all over that!! @stevenwesleyguiles

• @cynthiawolff  2 weeks

put me in the "coming for sure" group
    and a plus one.

• @rambam 2 weeks

I"ll be there @stevenwesleyguiles

• @pattie  2 weeks

I'm not sure yet if I can attend - checking it out and will let you know if I can make it.

• @rustyp  2 weeks

I wll be there also. 😀

Woohooo!! This is turning out awesome and stuff! 😀
    Confirmed attendees:

2018 Attendees Confirmed
    @cynthiawolff +1
    (Everyone can bring friends and family!! This is an open event).

Does anyone bake? Can we bring some goodies or snack foods? This is a music store, but for SURE they'll let us bring food or whatever. They're super accommodating.

Also, if you haven't already, join the SoCal Fawmers Facebook Group ASAP! 😀 It's a handy way to keep contact during the year. It's not an overly busy group, but who knows? Maybe folks could post a song a month during the "off season"? 😀

@spiffyflinger Were you saying you're a "for sure" attendee?

• @rustyp  2 weeks

I will likely be bringing my cajon because I often provide percussion accompaniment for myself as I play. If any one would be interested in having me accompany them, please feel free to let me know. Maybe tell me which songs you'll be doing and I could take a listen.

• @cynthiawolff  2 weeks

@rustyp so looking forward to meetin you..
    I will start working on my two songs for this year..i’ll Let you know if cajon will work for either of them..also if you want any side person on uke in any of your songs let me know and as long as I have a chord chart I am good to go...

• @rustyp  2 weeks

Just FYI, Michaelangelos. closes at 10:00 PM on Sat nights. 😀

@rustyp DUDE! I've lived here for 20 years and I didn't even know that. 😀 Obviously I'm not a regular customer. 😀

So we can head straight on over. There's also a Red Robin and Abbplebees and Denny's within 1000 feet. 😀

• @rustyp  2 weeks

Hahaha, the only reason I even know is that I went to look at the menu to see if they have any gluten free options. 😀
    They have salads so we're probably good. 😀

I wonder if they should be alerted that a biggish group will be there on Sat night around 8:45 or so. Just a thought. I don't know if it's that kind of place. 😀

Who knows, maybe they'll close early. 😀

@rustyp - I might take a cajon for a song or two.

Here are the three I'm considering at the moment: (this one would probably be nice)
    and maybe this one

• @rustyp  2 weeks

Absolutely @stevenwesleyguiles  I'll bring my cajon and a carefully selected collection of shakers and tambourines.
    Happy to sit in with you. 😀

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...