Any EDM producers here? What are you hoping to get out of FAWM?

Skip to the bottom

• @theno Jan 10

It looks like most of the people here are guitar/piano+vocals kind of artists. Is anyone here producing EDM? What's motivating you to do FAWM?

• @mychaleg Jan 11

Trying to come up with lyrics and strengthen arrangement skills. Also helps with curbing distractions and jumpstarting the habit of spending time making music daily

• @bri4n  Jan 11

I want to START producing EDM. FAWM is my forcing function šŸ˜‰ Been on my to do list for several years now, 2018 is the time, dadgummit.

• @cblack  Jan 11

Yes! I'm hoping to release my debut EDM EP sometime this month, ahead of FAWM. I'm also one of those guitar/piano guys (but not really with the vocals...), but my main goal this FAWM is to build on the first EP and release a full-length album. Anything with guitar/keys/whatever will be secondary to that goal.

And why am I doing FAWM? Because it's awesome! šŸ˜

• @meltedshine Jan 12

I do edm...this is my first fame and I'm just using it for extra motivation...ove been working on a body of work but I get hung up on perfection so I want to shed all that for a month and just write produce and finish having more fun and less stress...looking forward to this!

• @ooda Jan 12

I am a "former" guitar songwriter. I say former because I always enjoyed making electronic music and I got tired of playing the same things over and over again on the guitar. I still have good tunes, but it grow heavy on me to have to do everything at once.

That's why I switched to an electribe sampler.

I have decent arrangement skills, quite good lyrics writing and some musical theory knowledge. Or at least clues on where to find information.

So, I subscribed to this endeavor to spice up my music skills and make new friends on the way. I am mostly a lone wolf.

• @aeye Jan 15

We are! In the last few years we've done this we sort of try and keep it stylistically interesting. It's always a mix of all sorts of different EDM styles from what turns out. We like to do this because it's fun and sometimes in a shortened time frame we'll come up with ideas that we wouldn't have normally. Plus it's almost a full month to just sit down and focus on music. Also you can meet some cool people doing this.

where does everyone post their stuff when you aren't doing FAWM?

• @cblack  Jan 16

Post my stuff? Nowhere yet, though I'm thinking YouTube and *possibly* SoundCloud. But probably just YouTube.

• @ooda Jan 16

Soundcloud is more handy than youtube imhp. Youtube is cool, but honestly, not being able to listen to it while the app is closes is a dealbreaker for me.

Unless you got a cool video to go with.

So, first SC, then youtube if necessary. And once you got enough to make an EP, go for bandcamp

• @cblack  Jan 16

@ooda Thanks for the tips! I'm considering YouTube primarily because Promolta is geared towards advertising videos, and I've heard some very good things about Promolta. Like, they have thousands of potential places to advertise, and all I need to do is set a dollar amount for the advertising campaign. For this newbie, that sounds awesome. šŸ˜€

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 16

I doodle in EDM this past year when my studio got shut down for construction and I was in a much much smaller space. So, I for sure will be trying SOME this FAWM.

Side chain, yo!

• @mdavisto  Jan 16

I'm gonna do at least one Hardbass track. I feel called.

• @nuj4x Jan 30

@theno - I am so happy that I came back to find old threads before I joined FAWM!

YES! I am an EDM producer. I guess I want to be seen and for my music to be heard. I want a space I can write songs that will hopefully make people laugh and my demos of silly songs or fun songs will make people want to listen to my finished music?

I love EDM dude. I'm so happy to see a thread about EDM! EDM 4 LIFE YO

• @sbs2018 Feb 4

I starting writing songs a few short years back and have been all over the place trying to figure out my style. Iā€™m really drawn to EDM more and more.

• @ianuarius  Feb 4

This year synthwave but next year... maybe trance

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...