Roll Call

Skip to the bottom

• @joshlevitre  Jan 9

It's that time of year again, when the anticipation starts to build and the forums start to come back to life. Post here to check in and share what's new in the last year or what you're looking forward to this FAWM.

Last FAWM, I got engaged (with a song written during FAWM), so this will be my first time with a FAWM-widow. I finally decided to go back to school this semester after 2 1/2 years to finish my degree. I have one class left 😁.

I'm going all in this FAWM. I was torn in too many directions last year to have the output I wanted, but this year I'm prep'ed to go the distance. I'm looking forward to collabs with my regulars and making some new collab buddies, too.

Happy FAWMing!

• @songsville  Jan 9

Present and incorrect.

• @alboe Jan 9

I might be too busy with other things this year but we'll see.
    Could also be that there is no escaping from FAWM, even if I wanted to.

• @metalfoot  Jan 9

I'm here. But I'm also suspicious that the forum reset hasn't happened yet...!

• @karan  Jan 9

Gosh, I am really in the mood for a lively exchange in the forum now, but I anticipate the reset - and I have no ideas when things will get rolling again. I hope it won't take too long, because I LOVE the period of anticipation before FAWM actually starts.

• @brrrse  Jan 9

I'm here. As I said in another forum, I'm working with the "compassion" upgrade mod. At first, my old O/S didn't want to work with it, but after tweaking my code, I'm finding it's going fairly well.

• @toms  Jan 9

Congrats on getting married and finishing that degree, @joshlevitre !

• @barrygoldman  Jan 9

Poptart Hero no more, now just Barry Goldman. Ready to jam and yam once more. Nothing exciting has happened since last FAWM except for the last few months where I dropped out of school and such. I've made a few albums since and during 50/90 I really improved my songs a lot.

• @andybalham Jan 9

Back again for number 7. Just a sucker for punishment I guess 😉

• @zecoop  Jan 10

I'm here and super excited for number 8... And scared to death, lol. I can't wait for the ideas to start flowing. Or, I can't wait until I LET the ideas start flowing. I'm definitely trying to not think about it yet.

The site has definitely not been reset though, @metalfoot 😀

• @crb501 Jan 10

Hello everyone I'm new to FAWM so I'm excited to see what 2018 inspires me to create.

• @fearlessflight2014  Jan 10

Hey there, I’m back! I’m not going to make the usual protestations about how I’m going to be “extra busy this year so I probably won’t make my goal”. To face facts, FAWM will always be smack dab in the middle of summer touring so it will be nuts as usual. I’m hoping to write more solo bass/voice pieces this year and spend less time on demo production. Maybe risk some live recordings???

• @swampjaw  Jan 10

Oops, I'm going to do it again.

• @standup  Jan 10

I’m in. Can’t seem to stop.

• @johnstaples  Jan 10

I'm here! Cannot imagine a February without FAWM!

• @mdavisto  Jan 10

Looking forward to a great FAWM. This year I'm going to try and not take it too seriously, and just have fun.

• @cowex  Jan 10

Moo moo, moo.

• @krayzie003  Jan 10

Looking forward to FAWM this year. I purchased Band In A Box 2018 in December and have been producing some amazing stuff. Cant wait to crank out a bunch of new stuf using it in February.

• @timfatchen  Jan 10

I'm here for the first half-and-a-bit, then away but back on 27th (!) Messy. Listening rate will be down, inevitably. At sea (bad timing)

• @cblack  Jan 10

I'm here. This will be my 3rd FAWM, and my 2nd with the username @cblack . (The other one was probably 5 or 6 years ago...)

I'm hoping to get an entire album done this time, as well as push myself to make some decent recordings. (The album will be digital.) Basically, if I can make even 1 metal song I'm happy with, I'll consider that a huge win. And I'm aiming for 3 or 4 piano pieces, too, if I can get my setup working. But mostly my 14 songs will comprise the digital album - the metal and piano will be "extras". 😀

• @cts  Jan 10

*waves* Hey everyone!

• @chipwithrow  Jan 10

I'll say hi here to all the familiar folks, and I'll say hi again when the reset happens.
    This will be my 11th FAWM!

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 10

Whooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!

• @wacha  Jan 10

I'm here as well. Looking forward to February 1st!

• @kovbleu  Jan 10

I'm here again. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everybody!

• @quillwraith  Jan 10

"Like an astronaut's moon landing / like a swamp that you can stand in / I'm back"
    Didn't have much time for music during the Summer & Fall, unfortunately, but I'm working my way back to it in time for February.

• @izaakalexander Jan 10

I'll be here! We may need to call roll again once the site is wiped.

• @tesla3090  Jan 10

This year will be 10 years!

• @barbara  Jan 10

Mais oui!

• @ryuu  Jan 10

I'm here!

• @ayehahmur  Jan 10

This will be my first year at this. Looking forward to it. What's the general consensus on pre-Feb prep? I'm planning on going in entirely cold, so we might see a bunch of songs about office stationery, but hopefully not...

• @quork  Jan 10

@ayehahmur , welcome! Second year for me. There's a thread about how people are preparing for February in the Forum, called "How are you preparing for FAWM '18?" Happy writing and demoing!

• @steviez  Jan 10

Back again for my second FAWM! Already excited to see some names I recognize from last year too! Can't wait to hear what ya'll do this year!

• @ayehahmur  Jan 10

Thanks @quork. Trust me to break etiquette in the first post.

• @pipewrench67  Jan 10

I'm back for year 4 and to add to the challenge this year I booked 2 shows with 2 different bands in Feb.
    @ayehahmur http://fawm.org/forums/topic/7531/#c1...
    The only real etiquette you really need to follow here is participate and don't be a dick/bitch. That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

• @metalfoot  Jan 10

@ayehahmur A bunch of songs about office stationery actually sounds pretty amazing! 😁 Welcome to FAWM

• @ampersandman  Jan 10

• @barbara  Jan 10

@ayehahmur
    My feelings about office stationery are second only to my feelings about art supplies. And then there's the blank notebook, where the two collide, also forming a confluence with songwriting paraphernalia!! Birds of a feather? Welcome aboard!

• @andygetch  Jan 10

is in

• @roddy  Jan 10

I'm here and also back in Australia with a ukulele for this year's FAWM.

• @brrrse  Jan 10

@ayehahmur Welcome to FAWM!!

• @roadreg Jan 11

FAWM no. 3 for me! I'm a part time student now so I've got loadsa' time this February. I'm hoping to FINALLY hit 14 tracks!

• @odilongreen  Jan 11

Back again, for sure.

• @snookiekilmister Jan 11

Ready to bring the rock!

• @ggallagher Jan 11

Hi All. I'm Gail. This is my first FAWM. I created an account awhile ago but hadn't actually done FAWM yet. I've been setting various musical challenges for myself over the past year and I'm excited for this challenge and to connect with the community.

• @bethi Jan 11

First time! Its gonna be lit! I think...

• @lomedae  Jan 11

I am back again. Aftera very productive FAWM2016 working through my divorce I look forward to a FAWM2018 working lots of diverse themes.it is going to be a race to get my music room ready in time but music software is upgraded and guitars are restringed and ready.

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 11

@odilongreen awwww yes. Let’s do this thing.

• @ayehahmur  Jan 11

Thanks guys. All of that taken on board.

@barbara There may now *have* to be a stationery song.

• @vomvorton  Jan 11

Hello! I'm on board for my 11th year, although planning to take it fairly easy this time around. I made an entirely electronic album in November so my vague plan for February is to try to reintroduce guitars into the stuff I've learned about synth sequencing stuff and see what happens. But I reserve the right to abandon this as soon as I actually start writing and do something else entirely.

@ayehahmur I wrote a stationery song a few years ago, I definitely recommend it! ( https://lardpony.bandcamp.com/track/h... )

• @ayehahmur  Jan 11

@vomvorton Well that one is pretty great. I've really got a challenge on my hands.

• @tootoobee  Jan 11

😀 back for FAWM #4

• @tiller2  Jan 11

Hello, all! I feel happy recognizing familiar names here, and excited seeing the new ones. Hope floats: Is there a magical collab in store for me next month? And how did I get to FAWM No. 4, remembering the massive uncertainty of Year 1? My hopes are floating, my notebook has a few scribbles, my songwriting mind is blank: I'm ready.

• @emkeev  Jan 11

I'm ready!!!! This'll be my 9th year!

• @pipewrench67  Jan 11

@lomedae I had that fun last year during FAWM.

• @metalfootlings Jan 11

Dad's back logging into this account, getting the kids ready to add more music... and the kids are bursting with creativity, having added a uke to the instruments at their disposal.

• @nikke88 Jan 11

Back 4 Fawm no. 4.

• @spinhead  Jan 11

Crimenently. FAWM13 for me. Shooting for a song a day average.

Here's to having a wife who values my art's value to me @sunnyrose

• @vegansongs  Jan 12

I'm here- I am so excited for this my second FAWM! I am starting a new job next week. I so need you all! Thank you for being here, let's rock!

• @oneslowtyper  Jan 12

Checking in, and anxiously waiting for something like FAWM to break the winter boredom. I think this is my 6th or 7th FAWM. Looking forward to working with my old friends and my soon to be new friends.

• @tsunamidaily Jan 12

i am here. my autoharp is tuned, but still at the shop. i'm going to leave it there until my pickup gets to the repair guy so he can put it in. i recently purchased a 30s rickenbacher (as it was spelled then) lap steel and he had to send the pickup away to be rewound. i just paid for that via paypal only hours ago, and that guy contacted me and said he was sending it tomorrow. a friend is supposed to pick up my violin on the way home tonight. i have had it for a year but the pegs slip so bad i can't practice anything but basic bowing on it. i likely will not have enough practice on that to be able to use it, but i'm hoping my xaphoons will be easier to learn. they are cheap, so i got one in C and one in Bb. i'm actually thinking of trying to write my songs this month using only the chords on the autoharp.....

• @oddbod  Jan 12

..is all present and correct

• @bachelorb  Jan 12

I’m here...... my mixing board is in pieces......but I’m here...... :stress:

• @ustaknow Jan 12

Yes, I'm here, I think. I'm usually somewhere. Actually I was not going to be.

However, I had an idea I labeled "BBFawmer",
    -- because I found there may be others who were like minded and sort of found each other. Well, there's talking, then there's doing, so we'll see, or not. 😝

All the best to all in this new 2018!

• @zecoop  Jan 12

@bachelorb - the REAL question is... does your 4-track work? 😁

• @barbara  Jan 12

@tsunamidaily
    Your post has led me on a Google search that has seriously whet my appetite for a Xaphoon. I watched a YouTube video (Xaphoon All-Stars, Brian Wittman, https://youtu.be/hFmFa7c0V4s), and that first single note song was so wonderfully expressive! Thank you for turning me onto that possibility. I look forward to your experiments. 😀

• @kylecastaway Jan 12

Present, I’m excited I joined last year but this will be the first time I’ve participated.

• @carleybaer Jan 12

I'm here! It's gonna be my 11th FAWM, and my first one since I moved to Cambridge, MA. After this I will have officially FAWMed in 3 of the 4 contiguous U.S. time zones.

Can't wait to hear what you lovelies come up with this time around! 😁

• @bachelorb  Jan 13

@zecoop ....I’m ready baby!!!

• @cairobraga Jan 13

oh honey, this year I'm coming for the win. gonna get to the 14 tracks, honey. with the blessing of all the queer goddesses, honey. halleloo!

• @jaegerin  Jan 13

I'm here and looking forward to Feb 😀

• @swampjaw  Jan 13

Wondering about new functionality....

• @aflinner  Jan 14

Hey everyone! Can't WAIT for FAWM to start!!! I'm taking a week off work this year, so I'm looking forward to my most productive February ever. I'm also writing songs this year focusing on placement in TV, film, or advertising, so if you think of something you think any of my songs would work for, please let me know, and be specific. ☺️ Thanks!

• @quork  Jan 14

@barbara
    I have a bamboo xaphoon, and I love it, but I’ve never played reed instruments before, so it’s definitely a challenge. I have too many other interests to pt in the tens of hours to get passable on it.

• @mikeskliar  Jan 14

Hi everyone! I'm back!! This will be, crazy as it sounds, my 13th FAWM, and it'll be great to hear all those new songs and new sounds from everyone. I don't have any specific plan for any specific type of songs other then what I usually do (typically a mix of some topical/political 'newsy/social comment' songs with more personal, other things). I might not have quite as much time as I did in previous years for songwriting or recording, but I guess we'll see.

• @brrrse  Jan 14

@mikeskliar it isn't FAWM without you.

• @donna  Jan 14

Yep. Back on board as well. Maybe won't be as active as usual (work commitments), but definitely hovering in the vicinity. 😀

• @hmstreetteam Jan 14

Last year’s FAWM will be a hard act to follow. I’m hoping candles and magic spells do the trick. I might even use that new drum set.

• @visiblydistorted Jan 14

*bounces* Just made my 2018 album cover and looking forward to uploading it soon!

• @darcistrutt  Jan 15

This is my first visit to the site this year! I’m excited to see so many FAWMily members here already! This is my 8th FAWM. I have many wonderful memories of past February moments. I’m looking forward to whatever the muse offers!

• @jkolb  Jan 15

Another go. Have yet to get to the magic number. Maybe 2018 will be the year.

• @aerlyn Jan 15

Present, and ready to give FAWM another shot. I'm prepared with a guitar too 😀

• @writeandwrong  Jan 15

Here! (Cheryl A. Hodgins on FB) Okay, where's the post about the smilies cuz everyone is posting boxes for smilies lol 😎

These ones work: http://getemoji.com/

• @tamsnumber4 Jan 15

So happy to connect with FAWM friends and be inspired!

• @tcelliott  Jan 15

I'm here, I think.

• @guatecoop  Jan 15

I'm here!! Actually have been here, but sending messages until today when I checked the forums...glad to see so many people.

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 15

IN. Rockhands should appear soonish too \m/

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 15

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Jan 15

Class of 2008 reporting for duty!

• @jacobeverettwallace  Jan 15

In da hizzle! Can't freaking wait! New profile all cleaned up and updated.

• @cblack  Jan 15

@jacobeverettwallace Oh! Thanks for the reminder about profiles! Need to go update mine, no doubt. 😀

• @spinhead  Jan 15

@mikeskliar I'd forgotten we started the same year.

We're never gonna have time to collaborate, are we?

• @krayzie003  Jan 15

Hey y'all! Getting excited here.

• @dustymason  Jan 15

2007–2018
    This one goes to 11

• @tuomoh Jan 15

I'm in for my fifth attempt.

• @shoehaze Jan 15

Second attempt and I'm even busier with other stuff than last time... Doing much more simple songs this time!

• @adforperu  Jan 15

Excited as always

• @tawny249 Jan 15

Year 4! Once again, I am actually employed, so we'll see how this goes. Gonna try for more than last year though and at least get half of the goal. 😝

• @max  Jan 15

It's been a while, but I'm stoked to be back for FAWM 2018.

• @mkd  Jan 15

First-timer here! I first discovered FAWM on Jan 31st last year, so just watched fb from there, but I've properly signed up now and am committed to producing at least *something*, and that will be more than I've written for the last couple of years, so bonus!

• @kissinginpublic  Jan 15

Here. Last year was a disaster with a bad cold leaving me unable to sing anything. I'm working on my second proper EP at the miniue, so not sure if I'm going to be recording much for this (maybe a few), but I will be here to listen and support. Might regret saying that and cram in 14 thrash metal uke numbers on the 28th, though.

• @chrishope  Jan 15

Year 4, yee hah all

• @aeye Jan 15

A.Eye is back for another year! This is our 3rd consecutive year, but we've done 4 years. Looking forward to getting started. Got some new toys to play with this year (Komplete Ultimate 11 and Ableton live 9.) can't wait to put them to use. No big changes aside from a few new tracks over the year from both of us.

@mkd Welcome to FAWM! Good luck!

• @stephenwordsmith  Jan 15

Since last FAWM, I have won international recognition as a bad writer, so I can't walk out on you guys now.

• @silvermediapro Jan 15

year number 3; let's do this y'all

• @aprilm  Jan 16

I'm ba-ack! Happy to be here for my 3rd FAWM. Looking for collabs this year!

• @lhcisco  Jan 16

I are here again. I mean I BE here again.

• @petemurphy Jan 16

I'm here, but will probably be dipping in and out. I'm flying out to America mid February for five days, I'm taking some time out for my wife's birthday later in the month, and I'm sure various other things will crop up.

• @snoozin  Jan 16

Cheers!

• @mdrnmaverick Jan 16

sophomore year at fawm, let’s hope it’s more ‘melodrama’ and less ‘surviving the summer’ ... now that’s what i call music ...

• @kahlo2013  Jan 20

FAWM. I feel it in the air. Deep breath and ready to dive in. Happy FAWMing to all!

• @bootlegger Jan 20

I'm glad to be back. I actually don't know how long I've been doing this at this point but it's certainly been awhile. February is one of my favorite months because of this.

In the last year my fiance and I had our first (and likely only) child. She's amazing. I want to do some kind of story/theme kinda thing about her but idk how that'll work yet. I'm kicking a lot of ideas around. I can't wait though.

• @stuartbenbow  Jan 20

Year 7, here we come. So close I can taste it. 😀

• @echovoodoo Jan 20

My 9th FAWM! Last year I only recorded one song, so I'm reasonably sure I can do a little better this year.

• @the3queens  Jan 20

I'm here. My 11th FAWM. I'm hoping to be able to write and looking for alternatives since I fractured my elbow (radial cuff) 1/2/18 😞 Maybe FAWM is just what I need to get me out of this existential depression.

• @feeslip58  Jan 21

This will be my 4th attempt. I've come to look forward to this every year..

• @cheslain  Jan 21

In for the 5th time. Last year was a concept album year, but this year I think I'll go for something different. Also looking to do collaborations more this time around.

• @chandra83  Jan 21

Present!

• @yam655 Jan 21

I think this may only be year 4 as far as participation goes. My profile lists a far older date because I'm partial to FAWM music and joined so I could get access to FAWM-only recordings. All kinds of things have changed since the last year. Among other things: I'm firmly returned to my crapcapella roots for the time being.

• @jamkar  Jan 21

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!

• @colgoo  Jan 21

I'm here. Ready to read through your lyrics and listen to your music and meet up with Boston-area people to share our favorites when this wraps up!

• @ladyred  Jan 22

Here!

• @michaelepic Jan 22

Michael Epic in the House, yo!

• @musicsongwriter Jan 22

First thought perhaps not but you all are so awesome. Can't miss it. So I'm here and it's fawm 9 for me.
    Nadia

• @roy  Jan 22

Glad to be back! Sorta present, sorta accounted for! Let these games begin!

• @chasingandromeda  Jan 23

Back again and more chill and funky than ever.

• @julesbf Jan 23

Wonderful to see so many familiar faces, and loads i have not seen before. Going to be a great month!

• @tseaver  Jan 23

I feel like I've been on a creative roll lately, after months of a lyrical desert, and am hoping that FAWM will help motivate me to feed, water, and weed that seedbed with regular attention.

Best to all as we move forward together -- I'm looking forward to hearing a lot of great songs.

• @sherrycanary  Jan 24

Checking in for #10.
    The well has run dry. Seems my muse has vacated the premises.
    Hopefully on Feb 1st, I will be struck by FAWM magic.Happy FAWMing all!

• @js6  Jan 24

FAWM (not Mambo) number 5 for me. Ayyy.

• @donna  Jan 24

Yep. Present and accounted for. And with absolutely no idea how this FAWM - my ninth- will go for me. But here I am, with my blank slate. 😉

• @mishykatz  Jan 24

Here and soooo excited for this year!!! Have an idea I been cooking up in my head for awhile for an album, think I will try working on that concept and a few other random fun songs...at least that is the current plan 😉 My second FAWM, last year was amazing (I wrote 16!)

• @bking  Jan 24

I'm here again. It's the tenth time for me and I come most anxiously. I bring many new toys this year, and far less political angst.

• @bradbrubaker  Jan 24

Howdy. Back again. Last year, I was in the hospital for a chunk of February, so looking forward to doing more listening/commenting this year. My big news is that I have an EP of comedy fun and/or funny tunes coming out (eventually). Why comedy tunes? Because those are the ones people seem to request the most when I play. Don't worry. I can still bring the sad.

• @sunnymae  Jan 25

Sonya back in the house. I'm getting ready to move and of course that will be happening during February but I'm going to do my darndest to stay focused And challenge myself to write in unlikely ways and places while I'm moving boxes and mostly in my car. I wouldn't miss this for the world!

• @jinxcat Jan 31

I want to try again this year. The last few have been utter failures, and I would like to bring myself out of the basement. However, I will be at a disadvantage bc I will be out of town for 3 out of 4 weeks, and 5 of those days are committed to something else. So I definitely have a super-challenge ahead of me! (Good thing there's a guitar where I'm staying...)

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...