A Masterclass in Energy and Dynamics

Skip to the bottom

• @songsville  Jan 2018

Just dug out this video of Julian Lage live and wow, just listen to that light and shade, quiet and loud, slow and fast, and by the end the drummer is literally on his feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r6WS...

May you all enjoy writing material that has DYNAMICS! like this ... 😉

Plus, I love how they made the entire audience dress in a shade of blue so the video colourist could create an artistic whole ... except the poor girl in the orange dress who obviously didn't get the memo.

Anyway, this video is just a nice place to hang out, which is actually all I ever really aspire to creating in my songs come to think of it ... 😀

• @sw1n3flu  Jan 2018

Oh hell yes. Some SERIOUS skills on display. Thanks for sharing!

• @ustaknow Jan 2018

@songsville
    Reminds me of a wed. night jam session from a few years ago, --45 mins per count in though 😝 hahhh. It was one of those spontaneous, ad hoc gatherings that occurs for a time and then goes away and one wonders why no one ever popped a recording device on (not one time in so many sessions).

The orange chick is that 5/4 timing thing we feel our way through... (reading symbolism in).

I like very much how you say, aspire to make my song a nice place to hang out for a minute or two (also how I think of it, --like a cool breeze, wonderful in the moment, but not seeking to have it blow 24x7 either 😉 hahhh).

• @tcelliott  Jan 2018

Recording some songs of late and that's what I'll need to improve on the most. Adding dynamics to my music. There are a lot of ways to do it, but if it starts in the writing phase I think it's much easier when it comes to recording or polishing.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...