Do you want me to mix your song?

Skip to the bottom

• @ampersandman  Mar 2017

I might end up hating myself for that. But I just finished two major projects and I'd like to keep on practicing the craft, so I offer you to mix one song of yours that you think could use a more polished sound. Maybe I'd add some production.
    For example I'd love to lay my hands on to "Career Opportunities" http://fawm.org/songs/70384/ by @hazeyjohnii which is a fantastic song (don't know if he is still around).

Send me your suggestions or leave a comment here and I'll listen and tell you if I think I can improve anything.

• @tallmarkmusic  Mar 2017

@ampersandman I always appreciate production advice or help or skill lending! I think the personally cleaned mix from my FAWM album is SYSI (Song 3) but I'm happy to take your feedback or aid on any of my songs. Shot Clock probably could be a lot better. Statistics is all right. Prelude/Exhale if you want something different/instrumental fun. Towards the end of FAWM I got simpler and simpler with the number of tracks that I used on each recording. Feel free to contact me via email or social media if you're interested. 😀

• @hazeyjohnii Mar 2017

Hi! Still lurking - I would honoured for you to mix one of my songs. All I have is the GarageBand file, is that any use to you? https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zv7p3ltld1...

I spend quite a while fiddling with volume and pan controls and applying some preset EQs but have no idea how to mix properly, as you can tell... Trying to learn about it now, so it would be extremely useful and interesting for me to see what you can do with this. Happy to talk here but you can also reach me via my username on Gmail.

• @aesthetic72  Jan 9

@ampersandman Hey! I lost my band mate this year to this thing we call life. So I’m looking for some help putting some polish on things. I use logic.

• @ampersandman  Jan 9

@aesthetic72 Sure thing, always interested. Though my offer was for after FAWM, because during February I'll be busy with my own songs.
    For February I'll be happy to do a collab (or more than one). I could imagine taking a basic idea of yours and adding some production or song parts, so we'll both contribute to the writing aspect.
    Let me know if you are interested! I use Logic too, but I'm still on version 9, so the safest thing would be to exchange audio files.

• @songsville  Jan 9

@aesthetic72 See what I mean? 😀

• @thetau  Jan 23

@ampersandman Great Idea this "Mixing offer" but I have a feeling you'll be very overwhelmed by the Requests. I'm sure Answering FAWMer's Questions, regarding Mixing may be easier on you.
    Russ 😀

• @ampersandman  Jan 24

@thetau I made that offer last year after FAWM to have some practice.
    In the end nothing happened (sadly I couldn't get @hazeyjohnii's Garage Band file to open ...) But I might renew it in march, if I'm not busy with my own projects.

• @cts  Jan 24

Before it's over with, I will be more than happy to have you remix some jelly of mine. I'm prepping a sticky note with your name on it, @ampersandman.

• @ampersandman  Jan 24

Looking forward to it, @cts 😀

• @tunecat  Jan 27

I'd love some mixing help!

• @russiasaturn Jan 28

I’ll come back to this in Feb but I’m possibly interested! Very cool thing to offer 😀

• @tiller2  Jan 28

Yes, very generous offer, @ampersandman. I am trying to learn mixing for my first album and finding it quite a mountain to climb. I'd love to have a guest mixer for a song. I will need to figure out how to transfer tracks, as opposed to a finished song, out of my Tascam, but I think that can be done. If you get overwhelmed come March, I'd understand if you scale back your offer! 😀

• @pluto Jan 30

@ampersandman:I am very interested in collaborating. Making some old stuff better is one option, but I think it could be more interesting for you if I give you all the stems and a rough Demomix of new tracks. So Mixing is part of the creative process. At the moment I'm working on a new track. As soon as the vocals are ready I am ready for an exchange. The next is with german vocals in the style of "Fesselflug" or "Alle gegen Alle". If you would prefer to mix song swith english lyrics like "arrows of Love" or "The One" please tell me. I change between the more rock-orientated and german electro sytle. All songs mentioned above are listed here:
    http://transmissionfromearth.ch/music
    Would be cool to hear from you!

• @tunecat  Feb 18

Are you still up for mixing.. Any of my tracks would benefit.. Choose one? Or should I choose..?

• @coolparadiso  Feb 19

@ampersandman I have a nice track screaming for production are you able to help its http://fawm.org/songs/84103/

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...