R.I.P Chuck Berry

Skip to the bottom

• @mikeskliar  Mar 18

all hail the true king of rock and roll, - sad to hear that Chuck Berry has died at the age of 90. Chuck was rock's first poet, master songwriter, inventor of now-classic rock guitar riffs, and so much more...

• @darcistrutt  Mar 19

I saw that on Facebook. We're currently enjoying a 50's mix...

• @chipwithrow  Mar 19

I always liked how his guitar sounded slightly out of tune. And the lyrics - wow. "You Never Can Tell" is my favorite of his, I think.
    Speaking of lyrics, one of the tribute articles I read pointed out how influenced by poetry he was.
    I was sad when I saw the news, but he did make it to 90. A fascinating, long life.

• @tiller2  Mar 19

RIP

• @lvgd09 Mar 19

Chuck Berry was great. RIP

• @andygetch  Mar 19

yup

• @timfatchen  Mar 19

90! A huge innings! Thank you Chuck!

• @spinhead  Mar 19

One of the few of the old guard I got to see live. Forty years later I still remember the moment he dropped into his duck walk and we drowned him out like a bunch of school girls.

Read a quote not long ago that John Lennon said if rock and roll had another name it'd be Chuck Berry. Indeed.

• @cynthiawolff  Mar 19

I saw him play a few times ..last one being the Long Beach Blues Festival in early 2000... An incredible presence...Keith Richards has a great story about him in his movie...

• @tiller2  Mar 19

Thank you, Chuck, rock-n-roll will never die.

• @gemhughs Mar 21

Here is my tribute to Chuck Berry with a song I wrote a few years ago.

https://youtu.be/QV1y8v6M01A

Perhaps others have songs they have written that could be tributes for this great man of music.

• @cts  Mar 21

My father used to play his records A LOT in the house. I remember him doing his "duck walk" around the house with his guitar just like Chuck would. You Never Can Tell and No Particular Place To Go are my favorites as well as that double entendre, My Ding-a-Ling. Which, by the way, whenever I heard that song, I thought he was referring to the triangle since it sounds like the onomatopoeia.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...