R.I.P Chuck Berry

Skip to the bottom

• @mikeskliar  1 week

all hail the true king of rock and roll, - sad to hear that Chuck Berry has died at the age of 90. Chuck was rock's first poet, master songwriter, inventor of now-classic rock guitar riffs, and so much more...

• @darcistrutt  1 week

I saw that on Facebook. We're currently enjoying a 50's mix...

• @chipwithrow  1 week

I always liked how his guitar sounded slightly out of tune. And the lyrics - wow. "You Never Can Tell" is my favorite of his, I think.
    Speaking of lyrics, one of the tribute articles I read pointed out how influenced by poetry he was.
    I was sad when I saw the news, but he did make it to 90. A fascinating, long life.

• @tiller2  1 week

RIP

• @lvgd09 1 week

Chuck Berry was great. RIP

• @andygetch  1 week

yup

• @timfatchen  1 week

90! A huge innings! Thank you Chuck!

• @spinhead  1 week

One of the few of the old guard I got to see live. Forty years later I still remember the moment he dropped into his duck walk and we drowned him out like a bunch of school girls.

Read a quote not long ago that John Lennon said if rock and roll had another name it'd be Chuck Berry. Indeed.

• @cynthiawolff  1 week

I saw him play a few times ..last one being the Long Beach Blues Festival in early 2000... An incredible presence...Keith Richards has a great story about him in his movie...

• @tiller2  1 week

Thank you, Chuck, rock-n-roll will never die.

• @gemhughs 1 week

Here is my tribute to Chuck Berry with a song I wrote a few years ago.

https://youtu.be/QV1y8v6M01A

Perhaps others have songs they have written that could be tributes for this great man of music.

• @cts  1 week

My father used to play his records A LOT in the house. I remember him doing his "duck walk" around the house with his guitar just like Chuck would. You Never Can Tell and No Particular Place To Go are my favorites as well as that double entendre, My Ding-a-Ling. Which, by the way, whenever I heard that song, I thought he was referring to the triangle since it sounds like the onomatopoeia.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...