Is There A Resource for Future Collaborators.....

Skip to the bottom

• @steviez  2 weeks

.....especially people looking for specific instruments.

For example, at SOME point in the future I'm probably going to need an organ/keyboard player. I can play well enough for small bursts of stuff, but I'm not an organ PLAYER. I've heard so many amazingly talented and technically proficient people here at FAWM, and since I'm recording an album I would really love to have some of them involved.

Inversely, I am somewhat good at certain things as well, and would love to offer MY services to other FAWMers if needed.

I know there are websites ( kompoz.com being one of them for example) but most of them are very scattershot and crowded with people more than willing to throw just about anything at the wall. Is there a place someone can recommend where I can find FAWMER's for example, once this site starts to wind down later in the year? Cuz ya'll are freakin' amazing and I'd be honoured to have some of you guest on MY album, and I'd be MORE honoured if I could work with some of you on YOUR stuff! 😀

• @lvgd09 2 weeks

@steviez I'm looking for offline collaborators too. Preferably somebody who can do both lyrics and music (includes singing). I do all of those...and it would be nice to have non-stressful exchanges with musical ideas and songs with people who don't have the entire package. No, I'm not saying a lyrics only writer is not acceptable. I'm saying that it would be better for me if they did...my preference because I'm good with audio....good with other peoples audio too.

If you are interested....contact me at gtrman4040@gmail.com

We could talk about this....you know. This isn't about everthing said in this thread so far. It's about actually tryihng to do something about it to gain friendss collaborators. I've asked in here several times before but nobody never grabs. I ended up grabbing somebody's lyrics and making the rest of the song for it. That's ok but what I was saying is that I have interest in exchanging guitar tracks and stuff for mixing and stuff like that. Even longer..

• @kahlo2013  2 weeks

I am always happy to collaborate and have done so with others outside of FAWM and 5090. I write a lot of lyrics and can add some instruments or music ideas but not a vocalist.

• @tcelliott  1 week

@lvgd09 I would be open to trying some back and forth collaborations when time allows.

• @lvgd09 5 days

@tcelliott thanks man. I want to try something with "pigs" if that's ok with you? Oh, but I can't play very good...my arm is screwed up. Yeah, something with pigs. The animals....not the cops...lol

Side note: I barely even remember posting to this thread last week....hmmm.

• @tcelliott  5 days

Heh! I'm up for whatever or nothing or lots or... yeah!

• @cts  5 days

Same here...most folks know where to find me at the jelly factory, but if not: nrgproductions@icloud.com

I plan on doing some off-FAWM collabs.

• @jamkar  4 days

I am always up for a collab. Can add keys/organ, vocals, guitar, or lyrics.

• @donna  4 days

@steviez, you might want to look at http://www.musicianscollaboration.com

It's full of very good musicians, and the focus is entirely on the music. In general things move relatively quickly from start to finish, unlke at kompoz.com, where songs can take months, even years to completion, if they're completed at all.

• @musicsongwriter 4 days

Me too. Love collaborating any time.
    Nadia

• @lvgd09 4 days

@donna thank you...I forgot about that website. I tried to sign up and it said email already used. Tried a password, no good, tried another....I'm in. However, I have no idea what I am doing...lol

Is anybody active on musicianscollaboration.com? The link Donna posted above. I'd love to try this on a pre-existing project that hasn't been completed. Let me know...if you are in there I will try to find you. Need help though...I know nothing about that website. I signed up a long time ago and did nothing. Thanks. In the mean time I need to watch this baseball....but later I willl explore the website. I did hear the jukebox....these guys are trying to make pro stuff.

• @darcistrutt  4 days

I'm leaving corporate life at the end of this month and hope to put more into my creative life. I need to learn a lot about recording but do have a voice....thank you Mom...so hope to make use of it!

• @donna  4 days

@lvgd09, yeah, it's a good idea to explore the site a little, get the feel of how it works. Then you could post your project in Studio A, and indicate what you need. There are icons for lyrics, vocalist, keys, drums, etc.

First maybe introduce yourself in the Introduction section, stating what you're hoping to do. Certainly a few people will respond to greet you.

You can also peruse a few threads in Section A (where the songs are created) to get an idea about procedure. Then go to Section B, where the completed songs are posted. You can always PM any of the musicians that catch your interest.

Here in the FAWM site, you can also click on 'Songs' (in the top menu) then in the search box type 'organ'. Several songs will appear in which 'organ' is one of the tags.

• @lvgd09 3 days

@donna Thanks. The board is hard for me to read. However, it appears to be a real music collaboration website. I didn't read the rules though about copyright and file storage. Also, I'm not ready to do anything just yet. It's about commitment too and I don't always get to do what I want. I certainly don't want to disappoint anybody else.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...