Adding Songs Late - AWS Crash

Skip to the bottom

• @cnidaria  Feb 28

Hey moderators! So as you may or may not know, AWS partially went down today, which means Soundcloud is basically non functional. The same is probably true of most other music hosting sites, though I haven't investigated. I know people are concerned about not being able to post their final song(s).

Will we be able to post just lyrics today and add the music links after the fact or will that freeze come March? If not, is there anyway to extend the deadline on the honor system so that we can post our songs from today a little late?

• @js6  Feb 28

So this is why the uploading didn't work. Good to know!

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 28

That's crazy about Amazon. Kind of insane that one service center goes down and the whole internet freaks out.

From what I understand, every aspect of your posted song can be edited post-FAWM.

• @thefuneralcrasher  Feb 28

yeah...i can't upload my 14th song either 😞

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 28

@funeralcrasher...you have Rawk hands, can you load on Fawms site?

• @petemurphy  Feb 28

You can always add a new song (lyrics, liner notes, etc..), and then add the soundcloud link at a later time

• @ericdistad  Feb 28

@cnidaria - As others above have noted, at the end of FAWM the ability to create new songs is suspended, but you can still edit, add demos, change lyrics, etc...

My suggestion would be to post a Title before the close and then add the Demo field in after the fact once Soundcloud becomes available again.

• @izaakalexander  Feb 28

So that explains it. I bailed out on soundcloud and went to my FAWM file hosting. Benefits of FAWMstar-dom!

• @js6  Feb 28

It seems to work now!

Edit. Never mind. The upload goes to 100% but nothing happens after that.

• @kathym  Feb 28

Get the titles posted. Deal with the rest later.

• @auditasum Feb 28

Thanks for posting about the AWS crash. I though it was just my internet.

• @dancrook Feb 28

SOUNDCLOUD now working for me

• @sheilerk  Mar 1

I hope everyone who has this problem sees your thread here and knows that they can, honor system of course, post the title and post the rest when they're able.

• @postcardhelicopters  Mar 1

From TechCrunch:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/28/ama...

"Affected websites and services include Quora, newsletter provider Sailthru, Business Insider, Giphy, image hosting at a number of publisher websites, filesharing in Slack, and many more. Connected lightbulbs, thermostats and other IoT hardware is also being impacted, with many unable to control these devices as a result of the outage."

Thermostats and other IoT hardware is also being impacted...

Kinda serious issue for winter time. Yikes!

• @roddy  Mar 1

Is this the day Skynet became self-aware?

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...