Sheffield/South Yorkshire/North of England Fawmover Party??

Skip to the bottom

• @paulh1237  Feb 28

I've never actually attended a fawm-over party but they sound exciting and cool because all the exciting and cool kids do them.

Can we can we can we?
    @adforperu @shortdan @judypie @vomvorton @lightningstef @tobermory @frenchcricket @kissinginpublic

I don't know what happens at these things, but I'm already sure I would love it and with further instructions provided would be happy to organise..

It's also become clear that I only know of 8 people in the general area described above when there are certainly some more...

• @adforperu  Feb 28

I love the idea of this, but as for playing myself.. it's either full band stuff, or I've already forgotten how to play them, ha!

• @vomvorton  Feb 28

I'd definitely be interested!

I was going to tag some more people from the area but none of the Derby people that I know have really taken part this year. How about @marvsmooth @simonjcurd @mattblick?

• @chrishope  Feb 28

this soft southern shite has a car @adforperu we'll be your band

• @caseewilson  Feb 28

I'm in York, don't know if anyone else is near here - we did a FOP a few years back that went down well, I'd be happy to host another...

• @adforperu  Feb 28

ha, thanks @chrishope but I'm already in a band with a FAWMer! 😀

• @dragondreams  Feb 28

I'm near enough in Wakefield, and can get to most places by train easily enough...

• @lightningstef Feb 28

I feel bad that my FAWM offerings this year are low in number and instrumental but this does sound like a pleasant idea indeed! I'd be up for one next year which is obviously going to be my comeback year.

• @francessmith Feb 28

If you allow people from Brighton, of all places, to attend, then what about people in Scotland?

• @adforperu  Feb 28

Naaah, just English allowed.

.. just kidding, all would be welcome - London FOP had an American living in Belgium last time!

• @theidleowl  Feb 28

Sounds great to me! Not sure what it involves but sounds fun. I'm in!

• @kissinginpublic  Feb 28

Yeah, @paulh1237, I'm up for it, although I did forfeit this year!

• @paulh1237  Feb 28

I'm presuming a saturday is best - maybe 11th or 18th? I would suggest with complete bias that Sheffield seems a good 'in the middle' location with a few fawmers around but open to York if that's the preference 😀

@theidleowl as I understand it I think the general premise involves just getting some fawmers together - people can perform a couple of their new tunes (and old if they want) to lovely like-minded and accepting fawmers and generally have a giggle. In my mind this would preferably happen in the upstairs/function room of a lovely, lovely, pub.

So - to move things along
    1. Who would definitely like to pop along
    2. What location would be of preference
    3. Who would like to play a few songs for us
    4. What date would be preferable.

Cast your votes..

• @francessmith Mar 1

@paulh1237 I wouldn't really want to go, or I would, but I couldn't really do it.

• @karlsburg25  Mar 1

I am there as i live in Peaks.....................oh but somehow i appear to be in thailand. Nooooooooooooooo. @shortdan if you book me a flight i'm there. All we need is kareoke type screen for lyrics and a cab for me from manchester airport 😉

• @chrishope  Mar 1

@francessmith 'of all places' lol, and 'they' haven't passed it at commitee yet. @lightningstef obviously! ..we'll need some light relief while i get my backing singers in place

• @theidleowl  Mar 1

I'd love to come. I'll happily play a few songs as it's just me and the acoustic so easy enough! Sheffield is easiest as I live here but open to other options obviously 😀. Sounds fun!

• @francessmith Mar 1

@chrishope It's not easy to get less "north" than Brighton.

• @francessmith Mar 1

.............that's both geographically, and culturally!

• @hazeyjohnii  Mar 1

I'm in York, may I join you? Happy to get the train to Sheffield and will happily play if there's a piano available. The 11th is best for me.

• @paulh1237  Mar 1

@hazeyjohnii well, if we're going to allow people to travel all the way from Brightonnn..

Everyone else feeling good about 11th? Its surprisingly soon.. god I'm sad its not February anymore..

• @adforperu  Mar 2

Woah, 11th seems quite soon, though I think I'm available. 18th not really a goer for me sadly

• @fourzeroes  Mar 2

The 11th is the one day this year I've got a gig!

• @dragondreams  Mar 2

March is out for me anyway guys. 😖

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 2

The York FOP a few years ago had people from Scotland and from London. My experience of FOPs is that your usual location doesn't matter; just your location on that particular day 😝

(While I'd love to make it up north for a FOP, it's not likely this year)

• @zxcvbnm  Mar 2

People from Scotland! Oh that could be me, if the final date suits. lol

• @teapot Mar 2

Sounds interesting 😀 😀

• @paulh1237  Mar 5

Bump! To try and get this moving along I've created a doodle poll thing - find the link here and let me know when interested people are available! I'll pick a date and sort something out 😀
    https://doodle.com/poll/92fwx76t3dinxebi

• @zxcvbnm  Mar 5

Sorry I think I accidentally reported the thread as offensive. It's me who has committed an offence.

• @adforperu  Mar 6

Probably worth tagging everyone again in case they piss your poll!

@shortdan @judypie @vomvorton @lightningstef @tobermory @frenchcricket @kissinginpublic @theidleowl @degausser @teapot @hazeyjohnii,

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 7

Piss your poll. LOL

• @adforperu  Mar 9

Ha, oops... P isn't even near M!

• @paulh1237  Mar 13

@shortdan @judypie @vomvorton @lightningstef @tobermory @frenchcricket @kissinginpublic @theidleowl @degausser @teapot @hazeyjohnii @adforperu

The Poll has spoken and it looks like 29th April is the winner. If people are up for this let me know - I'll book a space in advance either way, and it gives you all lots of time to remember how songs go/forget how all your songs go.

Would I be right in assuming that a long afternoon from say 3pm would be the best most 'chillaxing' way to do this?

• @vomvorton  Mar 13

Uhhh... since responding to the poll, I've had two (!) things come up on that date. Sorry 😞

• @theidleowl  Mar 14

That date works for me, as does 3pm! 😀

• @hazeyjohnii  Mar 14

April 29th is good for me at the moment, it's in the calendar.

• @adforperu  Mar 15

29th still good, but don't think I'll have anything to play really!

• @lemonstar Mar 20

According to the calendar - I'm free on 29th.

• @kissinginpublic  Mar 26

29th ist gut!

Sorry, taken a few weeks off life due to being ill. Again. Twice! I intend to do some very late listening and commenting on here. Could be more of an AAWM for me! 😉

• @zxcvbnm  Mar 26

Hi Northerners, if you allow foreigners we could possibly add a German Lady and a Scot. Have you decided on a venue?

• @paulh1237  Apr 4

Hello absolutely everybody ever. *tags* After much research (and half the bars in Sheffield either closing or changing hands, hmph) I have managed to find a venue available 29th April for this!

The Haggler's Corner (antique place meets cafebar) has an event space available, we could book it from 13:00 till 17:00 for performances and such like and then they have a bar etc available thereafter. The event space does however cost £75 for that time so it would depend on peoples interest/willingness to part with £'s?!

Link here: http://hagglerscorner.co.uk/public-ev...

I have tried so many places *gasps for breathe* over the last couple of weeks but if anyone has any other thoughts do let us all 😀

I hope everybody is still around - I'm not sure whether it would be easier for people if this was an fb event or something?
    @adforperu @shortdan @judypie @vomvorton @lightningstef @tobermory @frenchcricket @kissinginpublic @zxcvbnm @lemonstar @hazeyjohnii @theidleowl @degausser @t

• @dragondreams  Apr 5

Wow! @paulh1237 thank you so much for all your hard work on this!
    I'm in. And more than happy to throw a share of the room costs into the hat. The venue sounds great.
    I think maybe a shout in the FAWM Facebook group would be a useful elbow jog. I only spotted this by accident. 😉

• @mattblick  Apr 5

Hello everyone! - I'll have a look in le diary! invite me if you get a fb event for it up aswell https://www.facebook.com/MattBlickUK

• @sw1n3flu  Apr 5

@paulh1237 you rang m'lord?

• @zxcvbnm  Apr 5

@tootoobee is looking at transport from Germany, we will confirm as soon as possible.

• @paulh1237  Apr 7

https://www.facebook.com/events/18482...

FB event, to be posted to fawm group as requested!

• @paulh1237  Apr 7

EDIT - I will post this to the fawm group once I've been allowed to join - if anyone else wants to in the meantime that would be fab xD

• @zxcvbnm  Apr 7

@tootoobee and myself will be there, and I'm sure we can chip in our share for the venue.

Tom

• @helenseviltwin  Apr 7

@paulh1237 - you should be good to go.

• @zxcvbnm  Apr 9

Hi, Any updates on this event? If it's still on I want to book train tickets.

• @paulh1237  Apr 9

Hi @zxcvbnm - the venue is booked but currently only 3 people have said they definitely want to go so I haven't felt comfortable paying/arranging to pay the deposit! 8 other people have said their interested but not definitely so it might be a case of seeing what the response is over the next few days?

• @zxcvbnm  Apr 10

Thanks Paul, We'll wait before booking any tickets.

• @karlsburg25  Apr 10

Well i am so nearly back for this. Secretly i was hoping it would get further extended into June!! But lets face it, we will be thinking about next FAWM by then!! 😉

• @sw1n3flu  Apr 10

Realistically I won't be driving up from London for this 😏

• @zxcvbnm  Apr 16

Sorry, this sounds like and echo but we are still interested if the FOP is still on, Thanks

• @teapot Apr 16

I am deffo interested in coming 😀

• @hazeyjohnii  Apr 17

Sorry for the late reply, I haven't been checking FAWM recently. I'm still up for this if it's happening and am happy to contribute to the room hire. Thanks @paulh1237 for organising.

• @zxcvbnm  Apr 18

For any late lurkers like myself @paulh1237 has had to cancel the FOP. I believe there was interest but very few of us committed to come. Thanks Paul for you efforts and there will be a February in 2018 too so maybe a NE FOP. then.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...