Sheffield/South Yorkshire/North of England Fawmover Party??

Skip to the bottom

• @paulh1237  3 weeks

I've never actually attended a fawm-over party but they sound exciting and cool because all the exciting and cool kids do them.

Can we can we can we?
    @adforperu @shortdan @judypie @vomvorton @lightningstef @tobermory @frenchcricket @kissinginpublic

I don't know what happens at these things, but I'm already sure I would love it and with further instructions provided would be happy to organise..

It's also become clear that I only know of 8 people in the general area described above when there are certainly some more...

• @adforperu  3 weeks

I love the idea of this, but as for playing myself.. it's either full band stuff, or I've already forgotten how to play them, ha!

• @vomvorton  3 weeks

I'd definitely be interested!

I was going to tag some more people from the area but none of the Derby people that I know have really taken part this year. How about @marvsmooth @simonjcurd @mattblick?

• @chrishope  3 weeks

this soft southern shite has a car @adforperu we'll be your band

• @caseewilson  3 weeks

I'm in York, don't know if anyone else is near here - we did a FOP a few years back that went down well, I'd be happy to host another...

• @adforperu  3 weeks

ha, thanks @chrishope but I'm already in a band with a FAWMer! 😀

• @dragondreams  3 weeks

I'm near enough in Wakefield, and can get to most places by train easily enough...

• @lightningstef 3 weeks

I feel bad that my FAWM offerings this year are low in number and instrumental but this does sound like a pleasant idea indeed! I'd be up for one next year which is obviously going to be my comeback year.

• @francessmith 3 weeks

If you allow people from Brighton, of all places, to attend, then what about people in Scotland?

• @adforperu  3 weeks

Naaah, just English allowed.

.. just kidding, all would be welcome - London FOP had an American living in Belgium last time!

• @theidleowl  3 weeks

Sounds great to me! Not sure what it involves but sounds fun. I'm in!

• @kissinginpublic  3 weeks

Yeah, @paulh1237, I'm up for it, although I did forfeit this year!

• @paulh1237  3 weeks

I'm presuming a saturday is best - maybe 11th or 18th? I would suggest with complete bias that Sheffield seems a good 'in the middle' location with a few fawmers around but open to York if that's the preference 😀

@theidleowl as I understand it I think the general premise involves just getting some fawmers together - people can perform a couple of their new tunes (and old if they want) to lovely like-minded and accepting fawmers and generally have a giggle. In my mind this would preferably happen in the upstairs/function room of a lovely, lovely, pub.

So - to move things along
    1. Who would definitely like to pop along
    2. What location would be of preference
    3. Who would like to play a few songs for us
    4. What date would be preferable.

Cast your votes..

• @francessmith 3 weeks

@paulh1237 I wouldn't really want to go, or I would, but I couldn't really do it.

• @karlsburg25  3 weeks

I am there as i live in Peaks.....................oh but somehow i appear to be in thailand. Nooooooooooooooo. @shortdan if you book me a flight i'm there. All we need is kareoke type screen for lyrics and a cab for me from manchester airport 😉

• @chrishope  3 weeks

@francessmith 'of all places' lol, and 'they' haven't passed it at commitee yet. @lightningstef obviously! ..we'll need some light relief while i get my backing singers in place

• @theidleowl  3 weeks

I'd love to come. I'll happily play a few songs as it's just me and the acoustic so easy enough! Sheffield is easiest as I live here but open to other options obviously 😀. Sounds fun!

• @francessmith 3 weeks

@chrishope It's not easy to get less "north" than Brighton.

• @francessmith 3 weeks

.............that's both geographically, and culturally!

• @hazeyjohnii  3 weeks

I'm in York, may I join you? Happy to get the train to Sheffield and will happily play if there's a piano available. The 11th is best for me.

• @paulh1237  3 weeks

@hazeyjohnii well, if we're going to allow people to travel all the way from Brightonnn..

Everyone else feeling good about 11th? Its surprisingly soon.. god I'm sad its not February anymore..

• @adforperu  3 weeks

Woah, 11th seems quite soon, though I think I'm available. 18th not really a goer for me sadly

• @fourzeroes  3 weeks

The 11th is the one day this year I've got a gig!

• @dragondreams  3 weeks

March is out for me anyway guys. 😖

• @helenseviltwin  3 weeks

The York FOP a few years ago had people from Scotland and from London. My experience of FOPs is that your usual location doesn't matter; just your location on that particular day 😝

(While I'd love to make it up north for a FOP, it's not likely this year)

• @zxcvbnm  3 weeks

People from Scotland! Oh that could be me, if the final date suits. lol

• @teapot 2 weeks

Sounds interesting 😀 😀

• @paulh1237  2 weeks

Bump! To try and get this moving along I've created a doodle poll thing - find the link here and let me know when interested people are available! I'll pick a date and sort something out 😀
    https://doodle.com/poll/92fwx76t3dinxebi

• @zxcvbnm  2 weeks

Sorry I think I accidentally reported the thread as offensive. It's me who has committed an offence.

• @adforperu  2 weeks

Probably worth tagging everyone again in case they piss your poll!

@shortdan @judypie @vomvorton @lightningstef @tobermory @frenchcricket @kissinginpublic @theidleowl @degausser @teapot @hazeyjohnii,

• @sw1n3flu  2 weeks

Piss your poll. LOL

• @adforperu  2 weeks

Ha, oops... P isn't even near M!

• @paulh1237  1 week

@shortdan @judypie @vomvorton @lightningstef @tobermory @frenchcricket @kissinginpublic @theidleowl @degausser @teapot @hazeyjohnii @adforperu

The Poll has spoken and it looks like 29th April is the winner. If people are up for this let me know - I'll book a space in advance either way, and it gives you all lots of time to remember how songs go/forget how all your songs go.

Would I be right in assuming that a long afternoon from say 3pm would be the best most 'chillaxing' way to do this?

• @vomvorton  1 week

Uhhh... since responding to the poll, I've had two (!) things come up on that date. Sorry 😞

• @theidleowl  1 week

That date works for me, as does 3pm! 😀

• @hazeyjohnii  1 week

April 29th is good for me at the moment, it's in the calendar.

• @adforperu  1 week

29th still good, but don't think I'll have anything to play really!

• @lemonstar 3 days

According to the calendar - I'm free on 29th.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...