FAWM Over Party -- Texas Style

Skip to the bottom

• @ballyhoot  Feb 25

The Texas FAWM delegation will be gathering together for a FAWM Over Party (FOP) at Kick Butt Coffee in Austin, Texas, on March 25, 2017, from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm. We will eat, drink, chat, and take turns playing music. We may get together for other activities during the weekend, but nothing firm yet. Keep an eye on this space for further developments. Otherwise, come join us on March 25 if you are in the area!!

Link to a poster I created for the event:

Link to Kick Butt Coffee's web site: http://kickbuttcoffee.com/

If you think you are going to try to attend, please let me know in this space so that I can give the venue an idea of how many people to expect.

Thanks!

• @ballyhoot  Feb 25

Urgh, "Party" not "Part"!!! How I would love if an admin would fix that for me.... πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 25

Super stoked about this!

• @brownium  Feb 25

We shall attend.

• @cnidaria  Feb 28

Is there a facebook event yet? If not I can take the lead on that.

• @valeriecox  Feb 28

Yes! Will be there.

• @ballyhoot  Feb 28

@cnidaria i didn't think about creating a fb event. By all means, take the lead.... πŸ˜€thank you!!

• @helenseviltwin  Feb 28

I shall be there!

• @brownium  Mar 1

@cnidaria - is there a facebook event yet? Can you post a link to it here?

• @cnidaria  Mar 1

Been songwriting like a fiend, but I'll get that made / posting today.

• @ballyhoot  Mar 1

I've been seeing other regions posting a lot about their FOPs so just wanted to bump this....πŸ˜€

Also, I wanted to emphasize that if you are in the area but are thinking of skipping the event because you can't or don't want to perform on stage, then cast your fears aside!!! There will be no obligation or pressure to play or perform. If you want to stay off stage, then just come to meet and mingle with fellow FAWMers....and listen to some tunes of course!!πŸ˜€

That is all....

• @cnidaria  Mar 2

The poster was a little too vertical to look good on the event, so I dug up a photo of some friends and I performing a FAWM song from two years ago.

• @ballyhoot  Mar 2

That'll work!! Thanks for taking care of that!!

• @ballyhoot  Mar 10

True story:

I had a dream last night about getting together with a bunch of musicians to play music. Although I don't remember the dream specifying it as such, I can only assume it was my subconscious' version of FOP. However it wasn't been held at the coffee shop; instead it was in a classroom inside some kind of civic center.

I wasn't able to spend much time with everybody because I was busy trying to get all the food organized, cooked, and brought to the room. At one point, I was trying to prepare a plate of meat from what turned out to be a horse head. A whole. Horse. Head. I didn't know how to cut it so some guy from somewhere appeared to slice off pieces of meat, primarily from the front of the neck, which looked the most normal. When I took the plate of sliced meat to the kitchen, I realized the meat was dirty -- pieces of dirt, grass, and hay all over -- and still had a layer of horse hide. And I think it was still raw.

I didn't get much further than that I my

• @ballyhoot  Mar 10

I didn't get much further than that in my dream, not that I remember at least, but here's to hoping we have a much more successful and fun FOP. And I promise: no horse heads!

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 10

@ballyhoot - I checked the KBC menu, and I really don't think we need you to cater for us. 😝

http://places.singleplatform.com/kick...

• @ballyhoot  Mar 10

@helenseviltwin , no worries, I wasn't planning to. Don't know why my dream was making me serve y'all uncooked horse head....πŸ˜€

• @ballyhoot  Mar 17

Just a harmless bump to remind anyone still here who will be in the Austin-y area that we will be having an FOP in Austin on Saturday, March 25, from 1 to 5 at kick butt coffee. Come meet fellow fawmers, chat, drink, eat, make merry, play some songs, or listen to songs. It's all good!! I'll post a reminder in the Facebook page as well.

• @jacobeverettwallace  Mar 21

Looking forward to meeting y'all! I'll be going down there early, probably arriving Thursday and staying through Sunday most likely, so if anyone wants to meet up and hang out before or after the event, hit me up!

• @ballyhoot  Mar 21

Unfortunately, I've got kid and soccer duties Thursday night and a soccer club meeting Friday evening, so I have very low availability those two evenings, though i could probably meet after 8 pm or so on Friday. I've kept all of Saturday free so I'll be avail to do stuff after official FOP, as well as Sunday up to and including lunch.

• @ballyhoot  Mar 23

Hey @jacobeverettwallace , where are u staying while you're in Austin?

• @jacobeverettwallace  Mar 23

@ballyhoot I'll be staying at a friend's place, he said it was like less than 15 minutes from KBC.

• @ballyhoot  Mar 23

Ok cool. I work only a couple of minutes away from KBC and would be available Friday for lunch if you or anyone else in town wants to get together, maybe at Threadgills on north Lamar, say, 11:30?

• @ballyhoot  Mar 23

Anybody have a reliable means to shoot video at our FOP?

• @jacobeverettwallace  Mar 24

Sorry @ballyhoot just now seeing this, def won't be able to do that now. I think I'm meeting up with an old friend tonight. So I'm thinking after-after party eats on Sat is the ticket.

• @ballyhoot  Mar 24

@jacobeverettwallace no worries. Yeah let's plan for post fop dinner Saturday night....after the belly dancing, of course..... lol

• @dannyk1  Mar 24

Can't wait to meet everyone!

• @jacobeverettwallace  Mar 26

The Austin FOP was a smashing success! Check out the FAWM Facebook page for pictures and videos from the event! Thanks to all to came out, it was a blast!

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 26

What a great poster

• @helenseviltwin  Mar 31

Thanks, Texans, for an excellent FOP and for allowing me to be the boss of it for no apparent reason.

• @ballyhoot  Mar 31

It was the accent....

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...