FAWM Choir wanted

Skip to the bottom

• @jonmeta  Feb 25

I want to send this request out before Mean Mr. March forecloses on the family FAWM.

Can we get a FAWM choir singing on the last chorus of my song "Humans"? It's about immigration, specifically the people turned back at the USA border because of an executive order. It's about seeing others the way we see ourselves instead of as undesirables. We'll be all the people in the immigration queue singing: "We're all humans!"

I've received some FAWM voices for it already, and more FAWMers have said they'll do it soon. Definitely need as many as we can though!

If you want to join in, download the song from my FAWM page or Soundcloud, record yourself singing along on the last chorus (no effects, please), and email me the file.

http://fawm.org/songs/72229/
    --or--
    https://soundcloud.com/user-123394967...

Send mp3, mp4, wav, aif to: jonmeta@gmail.com

Let's get as many FAWMers as possible singing "We are humans!" (four times) on the last chorus --and anything else that sounds like it fits your voice. Don't worry, I've got the editing razor blade (and the reverb) here 😉

This weekend is our last big writing push, so I don't really expect it quite yet. Right now I just want to get the word out.

How about 15 minutes to do it on March 1st or 2nd? After you've reintroduced yourself to the family and rehydrated, of course.

• @sheilerk  Feb 26

This is such a nice thought! I'll try to join you if I can! I haven't tried recording since my computer went hinky on me, but it seems to be working now.

• @sherrycanary  Feb 26

I am downloading soon .

• @scubed  Feb 26

What a lovely idea, @jonmeta! I'm in.

• @w1n Feb 26

I'll send you something but probably not before the 1st

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 26

Sure thing, if i can squeeze it in when i get home...

• @ajna1960  Feb 26

I'm in 😀 I can't sing but no one will hear me in the crowd 😀
    So March 1 or 2 is ok for this ?

• @jonmeta  Feb 26

March 1, 2, 3... I'll have time to work on the new mix next weekend if I have enough voices by then. Thanks @w1n , @fearlessflight2014 , @ajna1960 ! This is going to be great. More people have said they'll do it, and that's not counting the ones who owe me one... I'm looking at you, @mattblick 😉

• @rosedeschamps  Feb 26

Sounds good!

• @kahlo2013  Feb 27

I will contribute!

• @alboe Feb 27

This is such a positive idea.
    I' m not going to promise that I ' ll do it because I seriously don' t know if I will be able to find the time.
    But I will promise that if I find the time you will receive my mp3 asap.
    Good luck and I hope lots of FAWMers will contribute.

• @petra777  Feb 27

downloading...will see if i can do something...

• @jonmeta  Feb 27

Thanks, @rosedeschamps , @kahlo2013 , @alboe , @petra777 ! Feel free to try anything on the last chorus along with the main "We are humans". I can't promise to use everything (depends on what others do) but if it feels right, go for it.

• @mattblick  Feb 27

I'd love to but I'm without a computer for the next week. Hard drive has died....

"fawm over man! Fawm over! "

• @paulhenry  Feb 28

Ok Jon. I'll send you an email. I like the sentiment. A lot.

• @jonmeta  Feb 28

Thanks @paulhenry Got your triple contribution. I should have mentioned to everyone that the song is at 76 bpm. Well spotted.

• @alboe Mar 1

Hi @jonmeta
    I've send you the files with Wetransfer.
    Good luck with the song.

• @jonmeta  Mar 1

Thanks, @alboe , your tracks sound great --all six of them! Love the falsetto.
    Here's a gentle nudge to a few more I'd love to hear in the choir...
    @deena , @vaticanvamps14 , @tamsnumber4 , @middlec , @daveed , @nickhogben , @hazzard . No pressure, guys (honestly!), it would just be lovely to have your voices in the choir if you can manage it.

• @marvsmooth  Mar 1

I'll take a listen later and see what I can do

• @jamkar  Mar 1

I will join you.

• @jonmeta  Mar 2

thanks, @marvsmooth and @jamkar . I look forward to your contributions.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...