Hoops Tribute/Unfinished Song

Skip to the bottom

• @mattblick  Feb 11

@hoopshank and I wrote a song into 2014 but never finished recording it - it was supposed to be a duet but, though he recorded bass and drums, he never got round to laying down his vocals. I've been trying to finish it for the last few years to no success, so now during FAWM I'd like to ask YOU FAWM community to help me get it over the line.

I need CROWD VOX, SOME LEAD VOX and UNUSUAL INSTRUMENTS

1) CROWD VOCALS FOR THE THREE CHORUSES EVERYONE !- just sing along in unison or make up a harmony. Unless you can do circular breathing you might want to do a composite track. please bounce down to a single track (mp3 or WAV) if you can and dry (no reverb/panning etc) - *these are highlighted in yellow on the lyric sheet

2) CROWD VOCALS FOR ONE OF THE 'THIGHS' LINES IN THE CHORUS EVERYONE ! - the low part descends on 3 notes, the medium and high stay on one note. Again record dry please *these are highlighted in yellow on the lyric sheet

3) LEAD VOX FOR 'HOOPS PARTS' (VERSE 2 and PART OF VERSE 3)
    these are highlighted in green on the lyric sheet. I'd really like someone (or some two or three?) people with voices unlike mine (for variety) - different accents? ladies? super gravelly? I don't know. The verse lines are hard to pitch because they keep changing key - so you'd have to be fairly confident. Leave me a soundboard message if you're up for it.

4) UNUSUAL INSTRUMENTS - details in comment below

RIGHT CLICK TO DOWNLOAD

complete rough mix mp3 http://www.mattblick.com/exc6
    lyrics/chords pdf http://www.mattblick.com/exclyrics
    vocal guide track http://www.mattblick.com/excvox
    instrumental guide track http://www.mattblick.com/excinst

email files to matt@mattblick.com

• @mattblick  Feb 11

4) UNUSUAL INSTRUMENTS - i.e. NOT Bass, Drums, Guitar
    If you can add something wacky instrumentally let me hear it! The track is pretty busy but I'm open to removing some of the guitar if you want to play that part on, say a banjo, or losing a keyboard if you can play it on a steel drum, pan pipe or ocarina.

The only things I'm not going to cut are the bass and drums cos hoops played em.

See the instrumental guide track and lyrics/chord sheet in the post above for more info. I'm sorry but I can't produce any lead sheets etc

• @tcelliott  Feb 11

First couple of links look to go to your home page, @mattblick

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 11

I'd like to contribute some vocal @mattblick let me know if that's helpful

• @dragondreams  Feb 11

I'd love to add balalaika please!

• @mattblick  Feb 11

@tcelliott Ah crap on it!!! UPDATE - think I've fixed it. Thanks @tcelliott

• @nancyrost  Feb 11

@mattblick maybe put them in Dropbox?

• @mattblick  Feb 11

@nancyrost think I've fixed it now - for some reason FAWM was shortening all my links????? So I just went into redirect on my site and shortened them even more!

• @nancyrost  Feb 11

That works, thanks, Matt!

• @metalfoot  Feb 12

Oh, this is so very tempting...

• @mattblick  Feb 13

bump

• @nancyrost  Feb 14

Oh yeah, did a backing vocal the other day and forgot to send. Will do that now.

• @ajna1960  Feb 14

Hey @mattblick re your message on my soundboard - I can't sing for toffee, but I'd love to do some crowd vocals and thigh stuff Hell Yeah !

• @ajna1960  Feb 14

@mattblick I'm no pro singer and have NEVER EVER recorded myself singing before.... so what's the vocal guide track, as opposed to the other track please ?
    Promise I learn fast 😀

• @metalfoot  Feb 14

@mattblick Oh, I can gliss some trombones for you... yes, I can do that... Might do some vox as well, but definitely can gliss for you.

• @mattblick  Feb 14

@ajna1960 the vocal guide just has less other stuff and the vox turned up so you can hear it better

• @sailingmagpie  Feb 14

@mattblick I've just emailed you a Soundcloud link with my humble contribution

• @mattblick  Feb 14

@sailingmagpie got it thanks!!!

• @lhcisco  Feb 15

What's the deadline on this?!? Great idea, btw.

• @mattblick  Feb 15

no deadline @lhcisco - just when you can - probably start putting it together properly towards the end of fawm...

• @metalfoot  Mar 11

I think I can carve out time to add my goofy trombone glisses this weekend if the offer's still open. But I'm sorry for not getting on this earlier.

• @mattblick  Mar 16

@metalfoot yes please do!

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...