* @kathym
    * @billwhite51
    * @reggiestyte
    * @hazeyjohnii
    * @pcob1993
    * @steviez
    * @cts

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Feb 2017

NIce! This is a thread that needs some sweet love!
    My goal is to hit 100 before the end of the month.
    I love the 100 before you post route! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @radicalmguy  Feb 2017

I just hit fifty and I'm hoping to hit 100 within the next couple of days. Great feeling, giving genuine feedback on people's great work

• @rayboneor  Feb 2017

I always hit 100. Looks like a cakewalk this year

• @kahlo2013  Feb 2017

100!!! Got it!!Count me in. I am now over 100 comments and have heard or read over 100 FAWM contributions and look forward to hundreds more!

• @cblack  Feb 2017

I have 20 song comments so far, which means I'll likely hit 100 before the end of FAWM. It's pretty easy, really - there's so much great music coming out that it's hard *not* to comment on a bunch of them!

• @tallmarkmusic  Feb 2017

~4 per day? I'm in!

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

Looks like you're IT, @yam655, to be the score keeper. I think the way it was done last time was to keep editing the first post in the thread (that's YOU!!!) so that the name lists stay more or less up to date and people get progressively added.. You're on top! And well done for that listening and commenting effort. It means a huge amount to a lto of people.

(For those wondering, no, I'm nowehre near 100 yet; I said I wouldn't be able to recreate the pace of the last couple of years!)

• @yam655  Feb 2017

@timfatchen Is there a way to see how many comments a person has done without asking them? I sort of thought that was public information in the past, but I don't know if I was mis-remembering now. I only see it for myself.

@stevenwesleyguiles Once I reached a point where I knew it won't be a struggle to hit 14 songs in the month, it seemed like the easiest way to practice my commenting skills. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

Na, no way for us to see another's comment count.. It's not a competition and the site (from memory) is set up so we _can't_ see each other's details to that level. So there's no point in gaming it anyway. Rely on basic honesty and people telling you on the thread as they pass a milestone. (There is a backstop: mods can see the counts. And anyone hugely inflating their comment numbers, well, a quiet word, as it were...)

• @rops  Feb 2017

I didn't realize this was a thing. I've been super bad at commenting before (maybe 20 comments tops), so count me in this year!

• @metalfoot  Feb 2017

Gets fun when you have to start inventing categories for 200, 300, etc. One guy hit like 700+ comments last year, which is simply superhuman.

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

it was 1500+ I think. Or wsas it 2000+ ? @popmythology can you help my memory here?

• @metalfoot  Feb 2017

that high? that's absurd

• @popmythology  Feb 2017

@timfatchen I tried really hard for 2000 and just couldn't do it, at least not by giving substantial comments which is usually what I try to do as much as possible. So somewhere around 1500 was my final tally, as I recall. I took a screenshot of it and have it saved on my computer somewhere....

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

No, not absurd, there were at least 3 of us over 1000 in 2016. @kahlo2013 was one if I recall. Can't remember who did the extreme 1500+ Now THAT"S dedication. it's a matter of time and ability, which this year I don't have. You do what you can do, when you can do it. It does make a difference! And not just for lonely FAWMlings. [EDIT: I'm reminded now! so for the record: it was @popmythology at 1500+, far above the rest of us. @cynthiawolff the third I couldn't remember over 1000]

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

Ah: the answer arrived as I typed. But I'd still better add: it's not all that absurd. 25 songs a day for 40 days (into mid-March) puts you into the 1000 mark. That's approximately an hour of listening--allowing for the lyrics only which you read faster than listening would take. Taken in two half-hour bites. It does help if you can type comment and impressions while listening. AND it was @popmythology , a couple of years ago, who first demonstrated it to be possible without resorting to crap one-word comments and without going insane in the process.

• @boyatheart  Feb 2017

I will be certainly pushing for centurian status again this year. I managed 500+ comments last year and enjoyed the best FAWM experience overall since 2008, which I attribute mainly to engaging more with commenting.
    I've started slow on commenting this year, but I aim to get into that during the weekend, probably into the early hours after some writing.

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 2017

I've arrived to the Century Club and desire admittance please. (seriously, please, I'm exhausted...listened to 25 songs tonight!) Good night y'all. Y'all are kicking major butt this year in the songwriting department. Some amazing tunes out there.

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

Okay @yam655 , I've just puffed over the 100 line following @jacobeverettwallace so write us in when you have time.

• @karlsburg25  Feb 2017

I will be attempting to get as many in as possible so long as someone can reliably inform me that Wifi in Sri Lanka and Thailand is far better than India/ @gregthehero tell me it to be so

• @colgoo  Feb 2017

Woohoo! I am in the club!!! It took me a few weeks last year to get to where I'm at in just a few days....I'm going to keep on commenting. But now, I also need to start writing! I aim to have at least 12 by mid month so that I can relax a bit and give feedback in the mad rush at the end of the month.

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 2017

I'm a proud member of the club...
    Last year I did a 1000..I think???
    To me, listening and commenting is a big part of the enjoyment of Fawm..I even have my husband listening this year and while he is not a musican he has some pretty valid comments..I type while I listen

• @cblack  Feb 2017

You know, I find myself thoroughly enjoying music in genres I wouldn't normally listen to. I have to assume it's because we're all in this together, and the person who made the song is there to interact with.

It'll take me a while to hit 100 comments, but I'm not aiming for as many as possible - just enjoying the site. Rock on, people!

• @johnstaples  Feb 2017

Glad to see this thread! I am at 76 but should be able to hit 100 before the weekend is over!

• @caleb Feb 2017

I've never really engaged in the community here in years past, but this is the year that changes! I like the sound of this challenge.

• @metalfoot  Feb 2017

thanks to all the skirmishing and commenting from that, I'm in the century club now! Add me, @yam655!

• @seanbrennan  Feb 2017

I'm making this club this month. Just crossed 50 today; I've got some work to do!

• @dragondreams  Feb 2017

105?! It doesn't feel like it though. So much awesome stuff!

• @brrrse  Feb 2017

104! WOOT!

• @kahlo2013  Feb 2017

I'm over 200 now! Have heard and read so much cool stuff in 4 days! Best FAWM and best FAWMers ever!

• @zecoop  Feb 2017

I think I was over 700 or 800 last year I think and every single one of my comments is a real, comment that tries to express real thoughts about the songs I listen to. It is definitely possible and it is very rewarding and fun listening to all those songs. I'm at 72 right now. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @cblack  Feb 2017

I've also noticed that by taking the time to give an honest and hopefully-useful comment, you're much more likely to get comments on your own songs. That's not the main reason to do it, but it's a nice fringe benefit. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 2017

@cblack - The FAWM bonus. It is very true. It builds relationships and that is what makes FAWM so fun. After 7 years, I know a lot of people and a lot of people know me, so you get more comments over time, just by participating. Finding people you click with and can maybe write songs with is yet another bonus that comes with time. I love this place. Can you tell?

• @cblack  Feb 2017

@zecoop Heh, yep, I can tell. ๐Ÿ˜

I'm loving FAWM too. I did it a couple of times, many years ago, but back then I wasn't recording anything - just writing lyrics. And I don't recall participating as much then as I have been this time. And it definitely makes the whole thing a lot more fun to be out there, mixing it up with all these musicians.

And you know what has really surprised me? I've done NaNoWriMo a few times in the past, too. It's a novel-writing competition, like FAWM, in November. Anyway, I found I was kind of stressed out while doing NaNo. I enjoyed it, but it was definitely an, "Oh, I should do some work," type feeling. Whereas this month, so far at least, I've actually been getting *more energy* by doing music stuff. It doesn't seem like work at all - yet I'm still making steady improvements.

Kind of gives me hope for the idea that I might be capable of being a full-time musician. (Provided I get good enough to actually make money from it...)

• @cblack  Feb 2017

By the way: Is there a century club for forum posts? This will be number 78, compared to my 44 song comments.

I have a problem. I know.

• @zecoop  Feb 2017

@cblack has the fever... ๐Ÿ˜‰

Right from the very first year, I was completely hooked. Such an amazing community of musicians and composers. I know exactly what you are saying about "more energy"... I am full throttle all month and look forward to February every year. But.... even though I am in a band, playing original music with a CD out... music is just a hobby for me. It's a GREAT hobby though. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @odilongreen  Feb 2017

I feel guilty I'm only at 75 comments. ๐Ÿ˜ž I'm almost done with recording another song, but I'm tired so probably won't finish until tomorrow morning. Instead, I'm going to spend some time listening & commenting now. ๐Ÿ˜€ By tomorrow night, I *will* be at 100!

• @metalfoot  Feb 2017

@cblack I'm a NaNoWriMo ML... and I have to say I like NaNo but I never have liked it as much as I love FAWM. Totally different community and different experience. A good deal of that, I think, is because with NaNo you're trying to make one story hold together all month, where here you're trying to blast out 14 distinct works. The distinct is easier than the long-form, I think.

At any rate, keep making music and keep on with the commenting!

• @yarimurray  Feb 2017

I want to listen and comment more this year so I'm going to shoot for 100 (or more). It's win/win and oh so inspiring.

• @johnstaples  Feb 2017

I just hit 102 comments so please bump me into that Century Club and get me a key to the private washroom! ๐Ÿ˜

• @cblack  Feb 2017

@metalfoot That's an interesting point, actually. NaNo is one enormous project, for sure.

I do think that making music is just way more fun, though, even if I know I'm a better writer than I am a musician. Hopefully by the end of FAWM, my music will be much closer to the quality of my writing... Definitely a goal to aim for!

• @ductapeguy  Feb 2017

I just reached 100.

• @odilongreen  Feb 2017

I just crossed over the threshold, and am in 100+ territory now. Move me on up!

• @radicalmguy  Feb 2017

I just made 100!!!

• @jorh Feb 2017

It took me a week but I've made it to a 100+!! Loved hearing all the inspiring music

• @oddbod  Feb 2017

100 up

• @adforperu  Feb 2017

100 for me. God I love FAWM.

• @declan  Feb 2017

If you've listened to and commented on 100 songs in a few days and submitted your own, how valuable will those comments be?

Many of us only get one comment per song, and are then passed over in favour of Zongs. What is the point of that if it's a dashed off generic comment from someone trying to meet a self imposed target of 100 or 1000 comments. It would be better if you just listened and left the commenting to someone with something to say about that song, don't you think?

• @adforperu  Feb 2017

That's entirely at odds with the ethos of FAWM, so disagree. Even the chap that said just "cool" on my track did more than someone who hasn't even gone onto my page. You've made a sweeping generalisation with your comment that may get people's backs up.

• @declan  Feb 2017

I don't mind people listening and not commenting, they've given me the length of the song. I've noticed that my Soundcloud play count drops off as soon as someone adds a comment, so I'd sooner remain a Zong than get a generic comment.

My "comments" in the last post are actually questions, so it's a pretty nasty trick to pass them off as "sweeping generalisations" and to try to galvanise people into "getting their backs up"

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

I have to ask: what do you call a "generic comment"? @declan

• @adforperu  Feb 2017

Oh come on man, "..don't you think?" doesn't save the rhetoric that comes before it. Personally, I don't, and I haven't seen, this theory you have about Zongs until the end of February. As for people listening to your music - there are thousands of songs on FAWM. Unless you get involved in the community on the forums, by commenting, collaborating, conversing with fellow FAWMers, how can you expect to be found? Even your post here has made me click on your profile and be intrigued by your song tags, so I will be listening shortly and leaving bespoke comments as I always do. I'm sure others that see this thread will too - just one of the many ways to get your music heard.

• @judypie Feb 2017

Hoping to hit century club this year, definitely on target, shouldn't be a problem ๐Ÿ˜

• @cblack  Feb 2017

@adforperu Agreed. Interacting with people is the best way to get noticed. It's actually the best way of advertising - be yourself, talk to people, and your products will sell themselves. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @yam655  Feb 2017

declan, Depending on the listener's ability and the quality/nature of the song being listened to, the level of response varies significantly even when people try to leave good feedback.

You have folks that are at Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced levels. (For lack of better words.) If an Beginner listener is listening to an Advanced level song, what is the best feedback they can provide? Maybe there's a specific lyric they know something about, but maybe all they can do is say: "This is freaking awesome."

My goal is always to leave good feedback whenever I can, and to express my genuine feelings at worse. Do I always say "great song"? No. One song, all I could reasonably say about it was, "That made me feel profoundly sad." Still, making me feel sad is better than not evoking any feelings at all.

Hitting the Century Club during the month means less than 4 songs a day. It's easy to do. We wouldn't be here if we didn't love songs.

Finally made it to 100. I won't get into my reasons & excuses but I'm definitely moving a lot, lot slower than last year which is sad for me because FAWM and commenting are both really, really important to me. In any event, @yam655, would you kindly add me to the century list, please? Thank you!

• @yam655  Feb 2017

declan, Also, the SoundCloud play count is meaningless. It reflects people who got your song accidentally because of SoundCloud's automatic play-something-next "feature". It inflates your numbers and doesn't reflect real listeners. It most definitely does _not_ doesn't reflect real FAWM listeners.

• @zecoop  Feb 2017

@yam655 - And I now have crossed the mile marker for 100!! Just a start, though. I can't wait until I have time to do a LOT of listening. ๐Ÿ˜€

And I'll say it straight up... I always try to leave a really meaningful comment. Every single one. I take time listening to tracks and I take time giving thoughts and encouragement on the songs. And I have posted songs too! Yes, it really can be done. And I interact in the forums. All of this because I really, really love FAWM. Every year. I have found songs that I absolutely adore that have tons of comments and I have found songs that I love JUST as much with only a few. It is hard to be found in this busy sea of song. That's the truth. ๐Ÿ˜€

Yes, what @zecoop said! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @declan  Feb 2017

Yam655 please stop spamming my soundboard.

Remove my name from your posts or at least remove the @ single.

• @declan  Feb 2017

And if you must spam my soundboard you could at least not misrepresent what I've said.

1. You say it's only 4 per day over the 28 days. That's not the problem - will probably get near there myself. But I was clearly talking about hitting 100 after a few days.

2. Soundcloud hits aren't meaningless, I know roughly what a new song I put on gets the day it goes up, the increase in February for a new song must be due to FAWM especially when you consider the geographic spread.

• @declan  Feb 2017

Thanks for removing the at sign.

• @ajna1960  Feb 2017

I would like to add that I have just gone over the 100 comments mark, and they are ALL songs I wanted to and enjoyed listening to, and every single comment was thought about, was genuine and totally honest.
    I am a little offended at some of the above thoughts about folks who have commented a lot.

The comments I leave are also mindful of relationship with the artist. For those who I've known, loved and worked with, very often only a few words from me let them know exactly what I think. It's called "empathy". If it's an artist I don't know or don't know as well, I always leave a more meaningful comment. And if I come across a zong that gets even more attention. However, if I simply cannot find anything positive to say (rare) I move on and let someone who genuinely has something to contribute leave their thoughts.

I hit the century in a few days simply because of my personal circumstances. I was in the perfect postion to do a LOT of meaningful listening. So, declan, I'm one of the people here who disagree with your point of view, but you are perfectly entitled to your opinion.

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

I would still like to know what was originally meant by "generic comment".

• @johnstaples  Feb 2017

@declan I just visisted your soundboard and see only two posts neither of which is from @yam655. Are you instead referring to the Recent Activity feed when you go to http://fawm.org/myfawm/ ? If so, those posts are placed on your feed automatically by the website if you are tagged in a forum conversation. And the reason someone might tag you is...well...you are in the forum conversation! ๐Ÿ˜

• @johnstaples  Feb 2017

Regarding commenting, this discussion surfaces every year with a few FAWMers worrying that anyone giving lots of comments must not be giving "quality comments".

This is my fifth FAWM and I have NEVER witnessed what you are worrying about. Never! What I have seen instead is a small group of lovely FAWMers who care deeply about other FAWMers and they give their time to listen, enjoy and comment on as many songs as they can!

I have given over 100 already and you will not find a single "generic" comment in the bunch! In fact, because I know and love so many FAWMers here, I have received lots of comments and I owe at least one in return for every one I got! That does NOT mean I will hurry through commenting to hit some arbitrary number...it means I will give up more of my free time and songwriting time to share my thoughts with these wonderful people.

• @johnstaples  Feb 2017

I do understand the suspicion as much of the internet is dog eat dog but FAWM is truly different! If you engage you will find yourself with more comments and having to find extra time to comment in return! ๐Ÿ˜

I just came to check back on this thread and see how it was doing. I intentionally didn't get involved previously with the discussion of quality vs. quantity of comments but I too want to just say, without directing my comment at anyone but just to say in general, that it is definitely possible to leave many comments that also have substance. This is by no means to say that it's easy. Nor does it mean that everyone who leaves a lot of comments will always leave thoughtful comments each and every single time. But it is possible. It does, however, come at a certain cost. And by that I mean that it can definitely be very draining and exhausting when you're trying to write your own songs and also leave a lot of quality comments that take a lot of careful listening, thought and energy to write. So there are no easy answers and everyone has to just experiment and come up with their own way given their own unique situations. For my part I try to just trust that everyone is doing the best they

[cont.] the best they can. Just as I hope that others will trust I am doing the best I can. I think that most of the time this is true of the people on FAWM. It's why I love this place so much. EDIT: I forgot to add, though, that I do think it's very reasonable to question and wonder about this. Just as @johnstaples mentioned, just about every year this very same issue seems to be raised, and understandably so.

• @declan  Feb 2017

John Staples - yam's posts don't appear on my soundboard now because when I complained about them he had the good grace to remove at symbol. You'll notice I thanked him for doing that.

Now, however, there is a post from there because you decided to do the same thing. If I want to return to this thread, I will, if there's been a reply it bumps it in thread list.

• @johnstaples  Feb 2017

Resisting...the...urge...to...@... ๐Ÿ˜€

• @tcelliott  Feb 2017

Hit 100 tonight.

Just so folks know and there's no confusion, when people tag you in a comment in a forum thread, that comment will appear in your "Recent Activity" feed (http://fawm.org/myfawm/) which is visible only to you, but it does not actually appear on your Soundboard (http://fawm.org/fawmers/YOURFAWMNAME) which is publicly visible. The reason people use the tag function in forum posts is only so that you'll get notified in your Recent Activity feed, which makes it more likely you'll see the response. Otherwise, you might forget to ever check back on the thread to see if people have responded to you. People visiting your Soundboard will NOT see those comments. Just wanted to offer that clarification in case it helps.

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

I fear the difference between the "Recent Activity" feed and the Soundboard is NOT understood, but rather than try to explain it by committing the now divisive sin of @naming, I'll turn to other aspects not already mentioned by @johnstaples or @popmythology or the long-suffering @yam655 .

@wolfkier kicked this whole thing off a few years back. The admin load since carried also by @johnstaples & others subsequently. Yes, the notion was twee and a lot of us only diffidently accepted it because, well, @wolfkier was a warm and active and giving person. And the proof is in the puddings.

Pudding 1: A very large number of us started listening and commenting much, much more than we had. There was a degree of private shamefacedness about this, in seeing people had actually commented on 100, when one's personal score was about 4 or 5.

Pudding 2: People came to realise these were _comments_, NOT CRITIQUES. They realised they could reasonably comment on songs/lyrics not in their genre, o

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

.... or way above their personal development level, without perceiving themselves to be foolish in expressing their appreciation, enjoyment, or sometimes just applauding.

Pudding 3. More and more songs got listened to, which hadn't happened before. More and more songs got more than 1 or 2 listens, which hadn't happened before. And although it took 2 or 3 FAWMs, the dreaded Zongs, of which there used to be hundreds, finally vanished from the world (by mid-March).

Pudding 4. Because people were interacting on an enhanced scale, they got to know each other better, and became exposed to a wider variety of experiences. And clique-i-ness reduced.

Inevitably, there are some of us who've been around a very long time, and who have been very active. Inevitably, we have big watchlists, and are on many for the same reason. So we do listen and comment to those on our watchlists. And as a consequence get higher levels of comment. But it was the interaction that got us known first.

• @cblack  Feb 2017

@timfatchen I was going to ask about that, actually. I did FAWM many years ago, and remembered that many of my songs (which were just lyrics then) remained Zongs forever. Now I go hit the "Zongs" button in the songs section, and it's not unusual for there to be less than 10. The highest I've seen it is around 35 - which then went down to about 15 within an hour or two.

I was going to ask if it's ever been the case that there are no zongs left over, and you answered that without my having to ask. So thanks. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @boyatheart  Feb 2017

Yay I made 100 comments (101 right now) @yam655 There's some really good music already and it's only been one week.

• @mdavisto Feb 2017

So I had this thought. When you donate, you get a rock hands icon next to your name.

Therefore the functionality to add icons after a name is already part of the site's code.

So it should be possible to automatically add a centurion helmet icon after a username, if someone designed one.

Personally I don't care. But people like Achievements, and I feel like it would increase engagement.

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

@mdavisto It's another possibility that comes up and is worth discussing. I personally don't want to, because it would move the show from an informal bit of fun and push to a more formal, as you say, achievement level, and then I fear it _would_ start moving into the realm of competition. But bear in mind I'm unreasonably paranoid!

Others? Don't let me put you off!

• @brownium  Feb 2017

Decided I'd get myself to 100 tonight, and wrapped it with a BANG. @jamesstaubes song Snails Whales (http://fawm.org/songs/68331/) rocks!

@mdavisto I like the general idea, but could probably be better served as small "badges" on the profile. I think with the rock hands, guys like me with already ridiculously long handles (kinda my own fault there tho...) it would be a bit much. But some sort of official recognition is not a bad idea. I see @timfatchen 's point, but at the same time the community has only gotten stronger and more diverse through active commenting. The Century Club post kind of has a cult appeal right now which is cool, and I'd be commenting a lot regardless, but it certainly has helped me push into checking out more songs. Interesting paradox of sorts.

• @mdavisto Feb 2017

@jacobeverettwallace Given that a trophy appears in your profile when you win, that code also already exists. Either way, shouldn't be hard to implement.

• @boyatheart  Feb 2017

Comments have proven to be the lifeblood of FAWM.
    I don't think a centurion badge would have a negative impact any more than song tally would. Just one badge for 100 and no more though. It would encourage commenting without highlighting who made the most comments.

But it's just a small thing. Not a necessity.

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

@boyatheart I'd second that single helmet.

• @brownium  Feb 2017

Cash money, I say. Everyone who gives 100 comments should get $10k.

• @cblack  Feb 2017

Not just $10k - but also a record deal, 2 weeks free studio time, and a boat. Because we all should have boats.

Okay, I think that's my cue to call it a night! ๐Ÿ˜

• @yam655  Feb 2017

Latest additions were just @boyatheart, right? I've not missed anyone in some of the dialog?

Also, I'd be totally down with either $10k or 2 weeks free studio time.

I'd settle for the other half of my half castanet...

• @ductapeguy  Feb 2017

Rings bell as he posts his 200th comment.

• @ductapeguy  Feb 2017

... so the other 1/2 would be a net?

• @colgoo  Feb 2017

Ding, ding, ding! I hit 200!!!!!

Yay!

Now I need to do boring stuff like cook dinner and catch up laundry.

• @kahlo2013  Feb 2017

Over 300 now and loving everything I am hearing and reading!! Wish I had time to hear even more!

• @kahlo2013  Feb 2017

And am loving all the kind and helpful comments I am receiving! What a gift!

• @guatecoop  Feb 2017

I'm in. Tons of variety this year, not only in style, but also instrumentation and experience. Many new people and some who didn't come back (yet). All is well in FAWM land, it seems.

• @mikeskliar  Feb 2017

Just reached 100 comments!
    what a great community!
    so much great stuff.
    Interesting how this year there's so much political-themed stuff- for years I was 'almost on my own' with the genre, and now.... (part of me is saying to others here in the states, 'where were ya all before this last election!) kidding tho- its all good- anyway, yeah, im at 101 comments i think.

• @brownium  Feb 2017

Oh, now, @mikeskliar - I've often had plenty of political stuff. Just not the kind you like. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @cjz87 Feb 2017

I realize the thread has moved on regarding "generic commenting" - but I'd add one suggestion to whoever feels they aren't getting the feedback that they want, and that is to plainly state what kind of feedback you are looking for.

And..

I'm impressed by the willingness of the community to engage in the way they do in the first place. I haven't found any other place like this on the web that has been this reciprocal and welcoming. Most of us don't get the time of day when it comes to creating music, so comments after creating something? That's really just icing on the cake!

• @yam655  Feb 2017

@cjz87 I totally agree with you. Anytime someone says something they're worried about or needs some insight with, folks tend to do a really good job stepping up and offering opinions/suggestions. Folks tend to read those liner notes.

• @cblack  Feb 2017

Up to 109 comments now. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @ustaknow Feb 2017

Okme2

• @wen  Feb 2017

I will regrettably not be joining the Century Club this year due to being on a tethered internet plan through my phone, but I salute y'all centurions

i'm at 200 but who the heck is counting...
    Big giant Fawm hug to all of youse guys...

• @siebass  Feb 2017

I am nowhere near 100 at this point, but I at 30 or so I'm on pace to make it by the end.

I just wanted to say that I just now read the whole thread up until this point and found it very informative and helpful to see how everyone thinks about commenting, and all of the various puddings that have been proved. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @tamsnumber4  Feb 2017

I just hit 104 please enter me into the club!

• @seanbrennan  Feb 2017

I just hit 100 for what I believe is the first time ever! I hope I can hit 300 by month's end.

• @rj1  Feb 2017

I had the same idea, which is why I haven't posted my stuff! Great thread.

• @mardeycranbleson  Feb 2017

I did it I cant believe it I want to thank all the people that made this possible

• @aprilm Feb 2017

I am at 75 - so close yet so far!!! I am going to get to 100 before week's end!! But I have 10 songs written and put up, and i work full time so I am pretty pleased with my FAWM experience so far this year!

• @sherrycanary  Feb 2017

I just made it into the century club.
    Add me to list please

• @cblack  Feb 2017

Guess what? This is actually my 100th *forum* post. Couldn't think of a more fitting thread for it than this one. ๐Ÿ˜

(It was entirely by accident that I noticed I was up to 99 forum posts, mind you.)

• @metalfoot  Feb 2017

Bump me up to the 200 club, please!

• @unkept Feb 2017

*knock knock*

• @barbara  Feb 2017

I just created the first hill, at 100.
    In the process I have discovered someone who has been FAWMing for seven years now, whose path I have never crossed, and whose music I adore! Lucky day for me!!

• @barbara  Feb 2017

'crested' - not 'created'

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

Over 200. perhaps I will post this post this time rather than automatically wiping it without posting.

• @candle Feb 2017

Just hit 100. A little behind in my comments, so I'm taking this morning to catch up. Hope to hit the double century mark soon.

See You In The Shadowsโ€ฆ

• @oddbod  Feb 2017

200 up

• @yam655  Feb 2017

@unkept Just to clarify, you hit 100? (We can't see other people's totals.)

• @unkept Feb 2017

@yam655 , yes I did. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @kovbleu  Feb 2017

I'm at 164 so far. Yessss.

@yam655 would you add me to the 200 list, please? Thanks!

• @aprilm Feb 2017

@yam655 I finally made it to the century club! Been making an effort every evening after work to listen and comment before writing or posting. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @brrrse  Feb 2017

202 comments given as of tonight. Thank you.

• @fuzzy  Feb 2017

Almost there.
    I'm at 96 Comments given.

• @kahlo2013  Feb 2017

Over 400 and climbing higher!

• @adforperu  Feb 2017

Into 200 over here! Very impressive @kahlo2013 !

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

Go @kahlo2013! That's how it's done!

• @yam655  Feb 2017

I want to remind people to please mention me (@yam655) when I need to update things. I try to monitor the page regularly, but my regularly appears to normally be only once a day, while I'd see mentions a lot faster.

• @odilongreen  Feb 2017

@yam655 Just reached the 200 level, after spending several very satisfying and fun hours listening and commenting this afternoon.

And now, back to my own music making for a bit...

• @thelowestbitter Feb 2017

In my fifth FAWM, for the first time ever - I'm trying to be better about commenting - I've made it to 100! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

• @sailingmagpie  Feb 2017

@yam655 Sign me up, I just hit 100. Good to be back in the club. I see the decor hasn't changed since last year.

@yam655 I have entered the 2nd Century and am requesting access to that 200 Club. Heard there's free food. Please don't let me down. ๐Ÿ˜

• @johnstaples  Feb 2017

Hi @yam655! Please bump me up to the 200 club! I'm hoping for a key to the Executive 200 washroom and all of the other perks associated with this fine group!

• @jessica14  Feb 2017

As of today, I have commented on 111 songs. I am proud to be joining the century club ๐Ÿ˜€

• @metalfoot  Feb 2017

@yam655 the triple century club looks empty. I should sit there and wait for other folks to join me. (300 comments)

• @karlsburg25  Feb 2017

I have just hit the century somehow. I feel i haven't been able to listen to anywhere near as much as previous FAWM with dodgy sri lankan wifi but maybe i am doing better than i thought. Must be all this free time!! ahem. Bring on perfect THAILAND wifi

• @rayboneor  Feb 2017

I've been doing this thing for six years and I don't think I've ever hit the century mark so quickly. Two hundred should be a piece of cake.

• @zecoop  Feb 2017

@yam655 - I just moved up to 200... yay!! So many great songs - such a joy to listen. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @tiller2  Feb 2017

Just reached 100, yay! Halfway to my goal, though maybe I'll raise that. I am enjoying the listening, and realizing how much I learn from others' work.

• @julesbf  Feb 2017

hit my 100, such a great variety of quality music out there I just wish i had more time to listen. Stumbled over some diamonds.

• @andygetch  Feb 2017

• @wolphie Feb 2017

i think i have work to do!

Looks like I just hit 300...
    I loved everyone of my listenings...

• @kevinemmrich  Feb 2017

I made it to 100, which was my goal while I was in florida with no instruments. I am winding my way back to virginia sometime later today and I will try to do more listening and knock a few more songs/videos when I get back home.

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

okay, I've staggered to 300. Put me up there with @cynthiawolff and the now-not-so-lonely @metalfoot and we can all wave to @kahlo2013 as she vanishes into the stratosphere.

• @metalfoot  Feb 2017

Hey, @cynthiawolff , @timfatchen --- good news. I found the 12-year-old scotch in the 300 lounge. I'll pour some out for you.

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

Right now even bathtub gin would look good...

• @fuzzy  Feb 2017

I'm at 123 comments given!
    I'm on the list!!

• @francessmith Feb 2017

Ok, I just reached 102 so you can add me to the list.

• @boyatheart  Feb 2017

@yam655 I just passed 200 comments. I had a mad flurry of thanking those who commented on my songs and returning the favour.
    Every one of those songs were of such a high standard. the quality of writing gets better every year!
    I doubt I'll match my tally of last year which went over 500, but who knows? ๐Ÿ˜€

• @yam655  Feb 2017

Okay. Updated. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @wacha Feb 2017

I just got into the Century club as well!

I am making a point of commenting way more than I did last year. There is so much good music to listen to (and read) that it's a waste to not take advantage of it all and give some feedback.

• @colgoo  Feb 2017

Just hit 300. People are definitely making it easy for me. Such great stuff to comment on!!!

• @timfatchen  Feb 2017

To really make your songwriting get in the way of commenting, a good way of doing it is to look at and comment on lyrics-only, who normally get a raw deal in people looking in. Why? because you keep hitting lyrics that you want to use. Or that spark music ideas even if not used. Or that do both. Voila, 3 new songs and the commenting rate really slows down while you're doing them. Um...er...look, why not keep an eye on lyrics too? ๐Ÿ˜‰

True story, @timfatchen! I've been really trying to give the lyrics-only crowd some love, and it turned into a collab of my own.

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 2017

Hey! I made it before the halfway mark! Now to beat my own record and get to 300 before the end of FAWM. It helped that I was too exhausted by the weekends intense live album session for a friend to actually write, so I've been listening instead. Heard some really great songs!!

• @ductapeguy  Feb 2017

Ding! Oh hello, just stopping by as I comment on my 301st song.

• @jji7skyline  Feb 2017

Just noticed I got 102 comments ๐Ÿ˜

• @toms  Feb 2017

@yam655 , I just hit 100, and I am pretty darn proud of myself, thank you very much.

• @yam655  Feb 2017

Now updated! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @billysea  Feb 2017

Way late to the party but finally broke 100

• @francessmith Feb 2017

@yam655 you left me out when you updated the 100s. Thanks for that!

• @yam655  Feb 2017

@francessmith, I'm so sorry I forgot to add you to the Century Club list! ๐Ÿ˜ž

I saw your name and knew I needed to put you there, but somehow during the edit I missed it. ๐Ÿ˜•

Anyone else, if it appears I've missed your post please remind me about it. (Remind me if you see I miss someone even if it isn't you!) It's not on purpose. I can get it fixed in a timely manner, but I need to be aware of the omission.

• @johnstaples  Feb 2017

I would remind everyone that keeping up with this list can be a challenge! So, when you hit 100 or other milestone be sure and tag @yam655 in your post to ensure he sees it!

And THANK YOU @yam655 for starting and managing the Century Club post. You are doing a great job with this and we appreciate it!!!

• @petemurphy  Feb 2017

I'm sorry that I'm nowhere near as good as some of the amazing centurions in here, but I have reached 100

@yam655

• @alboe Feb 2017

@yam655
    I'm on 119 comments at the moment.

• @francessmith Feb 2017

@yam655 Thank you Yam.

• @majordanby  Feb 2017

@yam655
    Made it 100. Lots more to come ๐Ÿ˜€

• @juoppis  Feb 2017

Finally got to 100. Let's try to get to 200! @yam655

• @brrrse  Feb 2017

@yam655 Triple Century Club please. Thank you.

• @bethdesombre  Feb 2017

I made it without even noticing . . .

• @yam655  Feb 2017

It should be up to date now. ๐Ÿ˜€

@yam655 Triple century membership card, please! ๐Ÿ˜

• @theresaj Feb 2017

Finally hit 200!

• @visiblydistorted Feb 16

How did I hit 100 without trying? I just totally shocked myself when i was gapping out re-listening to a track on soundcloud and then came-to looking at my stats and lo and behold, a "100" sitting beside my comments made. Surprise! Last time I looked I was in the 60's.

• @sheamiejay  Feb 16

Just made 100.

• @yam655  Feb 16

Things should be good. I suspect as we get closer to the weekend things will get busy again. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @chipwithrow  Feb 16

I woke up this morning and told myself I wouldn't post my next song until I made my 100th comment. Just did the comment - on to the song.

• @kovbleu  Feb 16

I just gave my 200th comment!! Yahoooooooooooooo! You people are making such fine, fine music!

• @musicsongwriter Feb 16

I don't know why but I can't see how many comments I've given while using my computer but just looked on my mobile and could see I've given 167. I thought mobile phone is not as comprehensive as computer but there goes. Looking forward to hearing more.
    Nadia

• @owl  Feb 16

I'm at 112... lagging from where I'd like to be, but please add me to the century club ๐Ÿ˜€

• @yam655  Feb 16

I think I have everyone updated now. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @timfatchen  Feb 17

Applause for @yam655 (it's a constant effort!)

• @yam655  Feb 17

@timfatchen If I comment when I get a batch done it helps me know that I only need to look as far as my last comment. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @kahlo2013  Feb 17

Passed the 500 mark and loving all of the wonderful songs! What a girt it is to hear so many great songs and read so many lyrics! I am awed and inspired by this FAWM community!

• @zecoop  Feb 17

@yam655 - And.... I've passed 300! A wonderful day of listening today. So many incredible songs. I love FAWM. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @izaakalexander  Feb 17

I've made it to the Century Club! Yawp! --- if I can just get caught up with my writing and recording I'll be able to listen to even more. So many spectacular tunes this year FAWMers!

• @metalfoot  Feb 17

@yam655 I heard they serve really good pastries in the 400 Level, so I've joined them.

• @driftwood1  Feb 17

Count me in at 200

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 17

@yam655 Hello I just passed the 400 mark..
    moving on up!!

• @guatecoop  Feb 18

Well, I'm over 200 now. Some great music! I also have stumbled on some fawmers that I didn't know before. A good FAWM 2017 so far.

• @ustaknow Feb 18

DblMe2

• @yam655  Feb 18

It should now be updated.

• @stevenwesleyguiles  Feb 18

Finally just hit the century!! Man, what a slacker I've been!
    Love these double triple quitiple centurians we're lookin' at here!

• @jodv  Feb 18

I've climbed the first peak of Comment Mountain only to now find there are many higher ones to traverse!

@yam655 next time you update the century club list, count me in! ๐Ÿ˜

• @headfirstonly  Feb 18

Just made my 100th comment, so I'm in at last!

• @haim  Feb 18

I just wrote my 100 comment! please add me to the list!

• @haim  Feb 18

I'm sorry to say that I got to 100 comments just now since last year was a very productive comments year for me... Hope I can make it to 300 till the end of FAWM somehow at least... that will make me feel a little bit better. and just when I thought that my world is falling apart because of this, I see @headfirstonly here... Maybe there is a formula saying if you write a lot of comments one year, you need to rest the next one? ๐Ÿ˜€ I see we also came at the same time to 100 comments, that's interesting!

• @timfatchen  Feb 18

I've reached the magic 400, @yam655 crank me up a bit please.

• @samsorrow Feb 18

i finally hit 100.

• @headfirstonly  Feb 18

Main problem I'm having this year is work (last year I had the whole month to do as I liked). When I get home on a weeknight, I'm too beat to do anything, let alone be creative.

• @odilongreen  Feb 18

@yam655 Just hit 300 (on your "misunderstanding" skirmish song, in fact), so move me on up!

• @jessica14  Feb 18

"I lend my untrained ear
    To 200 talented FAWMers here
    Now please put my humble name
    On this golden wall of fame"

I am serious, I just listened to my 200th song ๐Ÿ˜€

• @metalfoot  Feb 18

@jessica14 That is awesome ๐Ÿ˜€

• @jessica14  Feb 18

@metalfoot . Not bad yourself, quadruple century. You're flying! (Shouting out loud: "I aspire to be like that man!")

• @judypie Feb 19

Is the century club still open?! Let me in if so please @yam655 ๐Ÿ˜

• @yam655  Feb 19

We should now be up to date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @dragondreams  Feb 19

@yam655
    Erm... I don't know how it happened, but I just noticed I hit 201 this morning! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• @brrrse  Feb 19

@yam 404 comments right now. Please upgrade my membership to the quadruple century club. thanks ๐Ÿ˜€

• @kahlo2013  Feb 19

Superskirmish weekend! Now over 600 comments!

• @tcelliott  Feb 19

Wow, @kahlo2013 - sweet.

@yam655 I just hit 300 earlier today.

• @yam655  Feb 20

We should be current.

• @tamsnumber4  Feb 20

I just hit 211, please bump me up a level!!!

• @metalfoot  Feb 20

500 club, @yam655. Those skirmishes... they really push a guy up the ladder!

• @yam655  Feb 20

Should be current. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @fearlessflight2014  Feb 20

Just hit 200 comments here on my couch and hearing and reading some WONDERFUL SONGS!

• @jacobeverettwallace  Feb 20

@yam655 I have crossed into the 3rd Century. Thanks for keeping up with this!

• @adforperu  Feb 20

Hey @yam655 - I feel massively behind on commenting, though I've somehow hit 300 - yay!

• @yam655  Feb 20

We should be current.

• @ductapeguy  Feb 20

Ding-- 400.

• @siebass  Feb 20

Man, you all put me to shame. I'm happy I managed to get to 100 in 3 weeks of FAWM. Really you get to hear so many different types of music; it's truly amazing.

• @debs  Feb 20

I'm century now!

• @klaus  Feb 21

@yam655 Just hit 105. Mostly replies. Great job you're doing.

I'd like to add that listening and commenting is also a great way to get inspiration. There are so many amazing ideas and concepts I've heard. Makes me want to do my own versions of those...in a totally respectful way of course. The different personalities, temperaments, attitudes and ways of thinking never seize to amaze me.

It's just so crazy that everything is happening at the same time. If I'd comment on everything I like I'd be doing commenting only. Still, it's great. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @musicsongwriter Feb 21

Made 241 comments so for.
    Nadia

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 21

@yam655 I just hit the 500 mark...
    Give me a key to the executive restroom

• @degausser  Feb 21

500! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I've just hit 100 @yam655

No way near as many as I had this time last year but getting there.

• @jibbidy34  Feb 21

Hey I'm past the 100 mark! Not as great as some of you high flyers for sure but count me in ๐Ÿ˜€

• @yam655  Feb 21

We should be up to date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @w1n Feb 22

I can finally join the club. Sucks not to have Internet at home, I really wanted to much more listening and commenting.

• @nikke88 Feb 22

100 comments - done. Yay. I almost feel like Ronnie the Rocket after making a century.

• @sherrycanary  Feb 22

Just reached 200!

• @ajna1960  Feb 22

I just passed the 300 mark ๐Ÿ˜€

• @yam655  Feb 22

We should be up to date.

• @wacha Feb 22

Just got over 200! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @timfatchen  Feb 23

Dingding @yam655 At 500 comments Winch me up. Unlikely to get much higher because I vanish in a couple of days to reappear sometime early March.

• @karan  Feb 23

@timfatchen, you deserve double rock hands, and rock feet to match! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    @yam655, I've just noticed that I crossed the 200 mark. So much amazing music in this place. I LOVE FAWM!

• @ampersandman  Feb 23

I just noticed I crossed the 100 line. Would love to have more, but there's so little time this year.

• @yam655  Feb 23

• @boyatheart  Feb 23

@yam655 Sorry to bother you again, but I just past 300 comments.
    There are so many impressive songs. I thought last year was amazing, but it seems the bar has risen yet again. The beauty of FAWM! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @karlsburg25  Feb 23

@yam655 somehow i have reached 200 comments! lord knows how with Asian wifi issues but HORRAH!!

• @brrrse  Feb 23

@yam655 500 club please. Thank you.

• @popmythology  Feb 23

@yam655 Just made it to 400. Thank you for running this thread. I don't think anyone envies your job but we're all grateful!

• @jamesstaubes  Feb 23

It's a FAWM first for me. I just hit 100 comments given. Woohoo! Please add me to the Century Club! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @owl  Feb 23

@yam655 I'm at 225 now! Can you promote me to the Double Century club?

• @andygetch  Feb 24

just hit 200 @yam655 and am very grateful for the 170 comments my songs have received to date ๐Ÿ˜€

• @tiller2  Feb 24

All of a sudden, I'm at 200. What a fun ride it's been.

• @scubed  Feb 24

I've only just crossed the 100 mark. I was traveling for a couple weeks mid-FAWM, and rarely did I find the time and a decent wifi connection to keep up. I feel so bad for missing out on hearing so much wonderful music from my fellow FAWMers. Will try to keep listening. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @rayboneor  Feb 24

Hey, I'm approaching 200 but don't see myself on the 100 list (not that it matters, really). Okay, back at it

• @yam655  Feb 24

@rayboneor I'm sorry about that. I believe I've added you to the correct location in the Century list.

Everybody else should be up-to-date as well.

• @kahlo2013  Feb 24

Okay went over the 700 mark!!! And still listening and commenting! Loving the variety of music and ideas!!

• @barbara  Feb 24

Hi @yam655
    I'm at 214 now, so please move me up. I'm trying to get back to everyone who listened, as well as devoting a little time today to random listening to zongs from fawmlings. I've already found some wonderful surprises that way!

• @dasbinky  Feb 24

Passed the 100 mark! Wish I had time for more, it's been a great batch this year!

• @yam655  Feb 24

We should be up to date.

• @deena  Feb 25

I'm in at 144!

• @johnstaples  Feb 25

I just checked and I am at 307.

Please bump me to the 300 club room @yam655 !! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @scottlake Feb 25

Just broke the double century mark - on an Andrew Grimm song, no less! He's back all you old FAWMer fans.

• @yam655  Feb 25

We should be current.

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 25

ima sextuple

• @airbagtester  Feb 26

Finally got over 100.

• @musicsongwriter Feb 26

Made 326 comments, will be back later today. It's 1:20 am here. Of to dreamland I hope...

• @timfatchen  Feb 26

I'm out of it till early March. It's not that I fear the mounting tide of zongs, because you'll all have demolished the pile before I return, right? Right??

• @timfatchen  Feb 26

and...yay @cynthiawolff aka Ima Sextuple ! There's a song in that, if I were brave enough, but I really am out, for now!

• @metalfoot  Feb 26

@cynthiawolff looks lonely in the 600 club. Think I'll join her there. (just crested the 600 mark)

• @odilongreen  Feb 26

@yam655 Just hit 400, so I'm ready for my ascension. So much great music!

No possible way I'll hit 500 before the end of FAWM, but hey, there's always March ... ๐Ÿ˜€

• @tamsnumber4  Feb 26

Just hit 300!!

• @yam655  Feb 26

I think we're up to date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @donna  Feb 26

@yam655, count me in at 300. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Still planning to do a lot more, as I'll be commenting on all the songs folks have done duriing my challenges and hosted skirmishes.

• @julesbf  Feb 27

woop woop hit the 200, cant believe i have only heard about 2 percent of the songs on here. Some great stuff going on. Had about 60 comments on my 14 songs so hoping to get some returns on the love going in to march ๐Ÿ˜€

• @hummingbear Feb 27

@yam655 Pretty close to the end but I finally pushed across the 100 mark. Whew!

• @tcelliott  Feb 27

@yam655

I hit 400 yesterday.
    Glad I took the time to play.
    So many songs sound so good.
    I'd listen to another if only I could.

I hit 400 yesterday
    But my name isn't on the list
    Would you do me a favor?
    And please correct this?

Cuz I hit 400 comments yesterday.

• @ustaknow Feb 27

TripleMe2 ๐Ÿ˜

• @yam655  Feb 27

I think we should be current. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @kahlo2013  Feb 27

Over 800 now!!!!!

• @pipewrench67  Feb 27

That took way too long, but I knew I would have moments of drop out this year, where I couldn't participate. I've made it to the lowest tier, finally at 100 got 9 songs done and 1 Lyric only working on 2 more collabs, hopefully I can get those and finish off 1 or 2 more, I plan on sticking around through March to do some listening.

• @sheilerk  Feb 27

Well, I jumped in 6 days ago, and have been immersed in the SuperSkirmish all weekend. I see by the board that I'm at 140 comments. I'll be doing lots more in March, but for now I think I qualify for the century club ๐Ÿ˜€

• @fuzzy  Feb 27

Just hit 200 comments given, so bump me up, please!
    So much great music here this year!!

• @ustaknow Feb 27

Hey @yam655 -- thank you very much for your work here.

-- I realise it's "just something you, personally do", and glad you do. I know I would not have engaged 300+ comments... -- it just made me more aware, to do so.

For me to do 300+, I had to hunt down, "work", seeking, -- "affecting", to "me" songs. I wanted to be very authentic about that.
    -- e.g., I have a closer friend here, who knows, even theirs, I won't "comment" unless "affected". So, when I do, -- they know it's not, e.g., a, "Mom -loves it atta-boy/girl". Like what I get, "real", or not commented -- like it that way. I know a, real, "I really like this one" comment, when I see it. And, yet, they always spec. it, no matter what. Some even quote in Lyric-lines... so much work.

So I guess, it's thanks to you, for "them", too! ๐Ÿ˜€
    (PS: I actually tell my wife, an Iron Chef - type, when a meal is bad, OMG! ๐Ÿ˜, --so she can *know, when I "like it", she can serve it to all, well.)

Again, thank you!

• @ihelen  Feb 27

@yam655 Hello, I'm currently at 246 comments. Thanks for setting this up and maintaining it! ๐Ÿ˜Š

• @siebass  Feb 27

@yam655 Thanks to all the weekend skirmishes, got up to over 200. Man that skirmish stuff is TOUGH.

• @yam655  Feb 27

I think we should be up to date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 27

@yam655 - SO close to being up to date, lol... I just hit 400 ๐Ÿ˜€

• @yam655  Feb 27

Okay, _now_ we should be up to date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @spinhead  Feb 27

I feel like a slacker, but the past 5 years I've hardly engaged at all, so my 119 (thus far) gets me on the board @yam655

I've got a huge listening list for March, and plenty of time for it, so mebbe I'll make up for the missing years.

• @jessica14  Feb 27

I just made it to 300 comments! (Which probably adds up to 1000ends of typing mistakes. Sorry guys.)

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 27

@yam655
    I just hit 700...move me on up...making my way to the Penthouse..

• @colgoo  Feb 28

I took a week off to focus on my family during school vacation week, but I'm back now and eager to spread comments around. I just hit 400.

• @mikeskliar  Feb 28

a few days back, I guess, made my 200th comment, now at 228, so I guess i should go from the 'century' to 'double century' category.

• @garlajoie Feb 28

@yam655 I'm past 100! Easier than I expected, especially considering how much I feel I've been away from the forums this month.

• @yam655  Feb 28

We should be current. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @torniojaws Feb 28

Got my 100 ๐Ÿ˜€

• @unpronounceable Feb 28

Fuck yeah Century club! I'm @ 101! (dalmations)

• @alphanerg Feb 28

@yam655 Happy to say i passed 100 comments today! Hopefully i can listen to a lot more now that i finished my 14.

• @karan  Feb 28

Passed 300 just before March began here in Germany!

• @bethdesombre  Feb 28

Just hit 200 without noticing . . . .

• @ballyhoot  Mar 1

Woohoo! I reached 100! First time I've ever done that. Never come anywhere close in previous years.

• @ductapeguy  Mar 1

I wanted to make sure I crossed 500 before the finish whistle rang. I'm at 501. I was aiming for 20 a day but ran out of steam the last week.

• @rayboneor  Mar 1

@ductapeguy 500? Have you been locked in a cave with high speed internet? Anyway, this fawm thing was stressing me out. Now that I've knocked off my 14 I'll be gunning for 300 listens, which I've never done before.

• @driftwood1  Mar 1

This thread just passed the triple century mark and so have I.

• @standup  Mar 1

I made 216 comments in February. There's still March, but not sure if I'll hit 300. It's harder to stay focused through March.

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 1

I don't know how you high scorers manage to do it and write more songs than me too. I have only just managed to get to 100, just outside of Fawm-Open time. Hats off to all you hard hitters.

• @adforperu  Mar 1

Into the 400s, @yam655 !

• @karan  Mar 1

@wobbiewobbit , well, I am certainly not like @popmythology or others, whose comments are really profound. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Most often I leave behind a version of "Hey, I really like this! " ๐Ÿ˜‰ In former years I tried to write more substantial comments, which ended up in me actually not commenting on many songs I liked, because I found nothing clever enough to say. This year I thought, so what, I'll simply express my appreciation and leave it at that. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @popmythology  Mar 1

@karan I think all comments are valid and appreciated by most FAWMers! And besides, I write a lot of comments like "Hey, I really like this" too! @wobbiewobbit, we all just try to do the best we can in the circumstances we are in. I only wrote four sets of lyrics this year. The Century Club is great in that it encourages people to comment more, which helps FAWM, but if it becomes a thing where people who weren't able to comment as much start feeling bad, then I think i would stop being such a good thing. I found this happening with myself this year too where I wasn't able to comment as much as last year and started feeling bad about it until I stopped and reminded myself, "Hey, wait a minute! I did the best I could!"

• @karan  Mar 1

@popmythology, you are absolutely correct! This is not a competition, and neither is commenting. Some years one can do more, and maybe less in others. Your last sentence says it all! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @wobbiewobbit  Mar 1

@popmythology - that is so sweet of you to say that. It is a good thing to have this encouragement to comment and that become a thing in itself, I remember when you were asking if it was ok to just comment and not take part... look where that got you! how many collabs you got on those few lyrics this year? You are absolutely right with what you say about just doing our best, but it's also good to have a kick up the arse I mean some motivation by seeing how prolific people are. that goes for songs and comments given. So rather than feeling bad, I just mean I am so impressed by those of you who managed to do both, but yep glad i got to the 100 at least within about an hour of it closing and glad to have 7 songs. and glad to have such a lovely bunch of people on these forum pages too. I will definitely be doing more listening and commenting in March.

• @popmythology  Mar 1

@wobbiewobbit oh, good! I'm glad what you meant was just that you were impressed and not that you were feeling bad about it! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Mar 1

I'm only just at a century! *drops head in shame*

I plan on being a triple centurion over the weekend!

• @sw1n3flu  Mar 1

It took an age, but I'm up to 106... single centurion reporting for duty on day 1 of MALM!

• @cloudboy  Mar 1

I've got work to do....so behind in listening.

• @rainchaser  Mar 1

I'm definitely way behind! I only have 32!! The thing is I like to provide constructive comments than just throways like, "Nice song!". I like to provide comments like, "I like the idea that you provided the harmony with contrary motion in the guitars. However I feel as though the Bb note from the descending guitar that descends from the B note and the B note from the ascending guitar that doesn't ascend from the B note clash with each causing too much dissonance in the harmony. Instead I think it would be best to have the descending guitar to descend on the note that the ascending guitar started on which was the F# note. So, that way you can avoid notes clashing with each other but still have that nice contrary motion effect going on in the harmony!", Instead.

• @cloudboy  Mar 1

HAHA @rainchaser! I feel your pain. And you have me thinking about contrary motion in guitars.

• @yam655  Mar 1

@rainchaser Does this mean that when songs are perfect -- or clearly outside of your skill level to provide significant feedback on -- that you just don't comment on them?

I joined FAWM originally just as a listener. I can speak honestly about how a song makes me feel, but a lot of the technical details are still quite beyond me.

I still believe folks like to know how their songs made me feel.

• @marvsmooth  Mar 1

@sw1n3flu I like MALM!

• @yam655  Mar 1

Also, we should be up-to-date.

• @ajna1960  Mar 1

Hey yammi ๐Ÿ˜€ @yam655 I just bust a Zong with my 400th comment ๐Ÿ˜€

• @seanbrennan  Mar 1

I definitely did not come close to my comment goals, but that's what March will be for! My amazing Watchlist put out quite a backlog for me to listen through... "oh, darn..." ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @rainchaser  Mar 1

@yam655 What I mean by that is to provide an explanation on why I like this song, than just saying "I like this song". Technical details aren't really necessary (unless I know how to provide it! lol) for me to comment on a song is just I feel I need a little more reasoning to support what I like about the song.

• @yam655  Mar 1

@rainchaser I can respect that. I don't work that way, though. For me, emotions are the reason, and everything else falls off of that. In the Meyers-Briggs model, I'm an INFJ. I suspect you're more of a "thinker" than of a "feeler". I'm the sort of person who says things like, "This song made me cry, and I don't even understand the language."

• @cynthiawolff  Mar 1

@yam655 please move me into the 800 spot...
    listening an commenting for the next few days..

I am with you...I would rather have someone pop in and say nice song I like it a lot rather than no comments at all...It all evens out with the smart musicians and people like me who don't know why they like it, they just do...
    A song hits me at an emotional level first...then the lyrics...if instrumentals, did the song make me feel...and I ask myself why I felt it the way I did...many times it just reminds me of something else...
    I don't understand technical stuff so all of that goes way over my head...
    but I respect people who do know theory

• @wacha Mar 1

Just hit the 300 mark and still going strong.

• @owl  Mar 1

@yam655 Just hit 300 as well!

• @rainchaser  Mar 1

@yam655 I respect your "feel" comments. And it's cool that we have our own ways to comment on things whether they are constructive or not. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @johnstaples  Mar 1

Wow! @rainchaser , that is probably a great comment but if you gave me that one I wouldn't have any idea what you are talking about! ๐Ÿ˜€ To me FAWM is all about drafts or quick sketches. When I post a song it is almost never something I consider finished. So I much prefer the "made me feel" comments over technical critiques of a rough draft!

But that's just me! There is a broad range of talent here so some folks might welcome more detailed, technical critiques.

• @corinnecurcio  Mar 1

I have a 100 - Now I'll get to commenting and raise that!

• @kevinemmrich  Mar 1

@rainchaser : commenting is different for everyone. People who get detailed comments like you suggest would be very grateful to have them. If that is the way you want to go, I applaud you. You may never give a large number of comments, but they will be appreciated by those that get them.

I sent a link to a non-fawmer friend of mine in an email and he discussed how he enjoyed my songs and videos, but then he went into a detailed rant about how my lyrics suck -- I didn't enjoy that as much (ha, ha).

• @snoozin  Mar 1

Just past 200!

• @kevinemmrich  Mar 2

I hit 200 -- better late than never.

• @yam655  Mar 2

We should be current! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Mar 2

@kevinemmrich i like your lyrics

• @sailingmagpie  Mar 2

I've finally hit 200. Turns out it's much easier to get some listening in when I'm not stressing about recording!

• @ihelen  Mar 2

Well if this club is still active, I suppose I'll move up into the Triple Century club then - as I've just hit 300.

@yam655 Edited: I forgot to tag you. You must be overwhelmed with mentions, I can't even imagine. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @timfatchen  Mar 3

I return and there are still nearly 700 zongs (I suppose 600 after we allow for the locked ones?) Can't have that. Should we put out a call for more people to pay attention? In a separate thread? From previous years, only diehards will be around by 10th March.

• @nancyrost  Mar 3

Triple Century Club for me.

• @cloudboy  Mar 3

Finally! 100. It took me too long. @yam655

• @metalfoot  Mar 3

The 700 club looks lonely. But I see a chair there with my name on it, Mr. @yam655

• @sherrycanary  Mar 3

I have now hit 300!

• @izaakalexander  Mar 3

I've made it up to the second tier--- 200+ but that's only halfway to my goal (and a 2:1 given to received ratio) --- I'll keep listening and comment through March to get it done. So much great music!

• @izaakalexander  Mar 3

Oh, and I echo what @sailingmagpie said, it's so much easier to find listening time now that my songs are all posted. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @darcistrutt  Mar 3

Finally made it into the club!! I crossed over without realizing it this morning! Now on to the next 100. There are some gems out there! Holy cow! I'm still working on my got-give list, but also am attempting to de-zong a few too!

• @reggiestyte Mar 3

Started late this year, but I'll get to 100 before I disappear for the year.

• @chipwithrow  Mar 4

Just gave my 200th - and it's cool that it was for a song by my friend/neighbor/fellow yogi/market music co-host @andygetch!

• @sueawesome Mar 4

I'm at 168 right now. Might as well go for 200.

• @alboe Mar 4

I' m at 205

• @alboe Mar 4

Bump for @yam655

• @yam655  Mar 4

We should be up-to-date. I should also note that I removed my original comment as I hit the 2k limit while updating the post.

• @rayboneor  Mar 4

I'm over 200 and going strong. I wanna clear out some zongs, discover a few new-to-me fawmers, and try to remember who some of these folks are on my "legacy watchlist."

• @kathym  Mar 5

Thank goodness I finally hit the century mark. I did some zong busting and then will be off to make some reciprocal comments and get caught up a bit more.

• @andygetch  Mar 5

300 and finally acheived my aspirational 1.2 given to 1 received (252 total, thank you to all) comments ratio. Oh and backatcha @chipwithrow

• @timfatchen  Mar 5

Ok @yam655 , to my startlement I've passed 600 comments now but I'm almost at the end of my FAWM time, so I'll happily expire in the lounge....

• @audrey  Mar 5

I gave 264 comments, and still listening and commenting.

• @yam655  Mar 5

We should be current.

• @siebass  Mar 6

Just hit 300; dunno if I will be able to make it to 400, I'm starting to burn out. I've been trying to go through the recommended, best, and funny song threads as well as give some love to Zongs. We really did create a ton of music!
    @yam655 Thanks for keeping this rolling.

• @yam655  Mar 6

Updated. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @metalfoot  Mar 7

Just crawled into the 800 club, @yam655 ,and I doubt very much I'll find my way any further up the stairs.

• @zecoop  Mar 7

@yam655 - I've reached my final step for 2017 at 500... What a fantastic year it has been. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• @kahlo2013  Mar 9

> 900 now and still listening๐Ÿ˜Š

• @ihelen  Mar 9

Hello @yam655 I have surpassed 400. Thanks again for keeping this going. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @billwhite51 Mar 9

you missed me, i have given 137 comments.

• @brrrse  Mar 9

Goodness that last 100 took a bit. Please give clearance for the 600 club for me @yam655

• @yam655  Mar 9

@billwhite51 I have no way to know what a person's comment count is, as that information is all private. This means I can only note (or miss) people when they post here. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @yam655  Mar 9

• @declan  Mar 9

I told you I'd get near. 97!

• @reggiestyte Mar 9

At 111!...Sights set at 222!

• @ustaknow Mar 11

400me ๐Ÿ˜

• @lhcisco  Mar 11

I can never do it. Every time it seems like I've done 20 of them, I've just done like 5 ๐Ÿ˜ž

• @chrishope  Mar 11

79 ..and ...and...

• @barbara  Mar 11

3 0 0 !

• @jwhanberry  Mar 11

Just hit 400, still goin'. 8)

• @fearlessflight2014  Mar 12

Couldn't sleep so I started commenting on lyrics-only songs (I couldn't play audio without waking his highness). Before I knew it I had hit 300! Never done that before. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @audrey  Mar 13

Just over 400 comments now. Can't believe it. I just love hearing all the great new music.

• @izaakalexander  Mar 14

Well, I've made it the 300 song comment tier. Might be my first time this high up the ladder, but I've received so many comments this year, I'm going to keep listening for the reciprocity's sake.

• @sheamiejay  Mar 14

Just made 200. Thanks for keeping track @yam655

• @alphanerg Mar 14

@yam655 i just hit the 200 comment mark!

• @hazeyjohnii  Mar 14

Finally made it to 100... almost as hard - and rewarding - as FAWM itself. Such a fascinating variety of styles and ideas, and such a lovely community. Thanks @yam655 for taking care of this!

• @yam655  Mar 15

I think we should be up-to-date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @yam655  Mar 15

@declan You can do it! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @metalfoot  Mar 15

If you need to gain a few more characters for the initial post, can possibly eliminate asterisks at the start of each line? Good problem to have,all these successful listeners!

• @pcob1993  Mar 15

Did my first 100, didn't know about this site but the pleasure of hearing so many great songs and performers makes it effortless .. thanks to everyone on Fawm, such a wonderful community to feel part of. Later, dudes and dude-esses

• @steviez  Mar 16

Whew. Just crossed the Century mark in both Forum Posts AND Song Comments.....and I honestly think I'm probably only about 1/2way through comments - SO many thank-yous to people who said such great things about my songs, plus so many amazing songs still to hear!

• @cts  Mar 16

Good lord...I finally made it across the threshold: 100 comments given. But I'm not done....

• @yam655  Mar 19

A reminder, this late in the game, I definitely need @yam655 mentioned so I see it! ๐Ÿ˜€

We're up-to-date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @thelowestbitter Mar 20

I came back this morning (it's the first real chance I've had since FAWM ended!) because I set myself a target of 200 comments this year and I was determined to reach it. Very late in the game but I'm now on 200 @yam655

• @yam655  Mar 20

We're up-to-date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @scottlake Mar 21

@yam655 I broke the tri-century mark a couple comments ago.

• @yam655  Mar 21

We're up to date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @chipwithrow  Mar 22

I just gave my 300th comment. Last night I looked back at my 50/90 commenting, and I only gave 279 comments (I was surprised) even though the challenge is 3 times as long.
    I'm going to keep going, but 400 seems out of reach.

• @musicsongwriter Mar 22

401 from me. And a lot of songs to discover...
    Nadia

• @yam655  Mar 22

We are up-to-date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @metalfoot  Mar 25

@yam655 kahlo looked lonely up there in the 900 box seats so I've come to join her, k? (901 and still listening...)

• @yam655  Mar 26

We're up to date. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @wacha Apr 3

I just hit 400, I plan on checking in every day or so to listen to a few songs from the people who are still hanging around.

• @metalfoot  May 3

@yam655 I've just crested 1000 comments. But it's not necessary to update the chart.

• @yam655  May 3

We're up-to-date.

We now have a single "Beyond" category for people who hit 1,000+.

• @siebass  May 10

It's that one section in Bed Bath that no one ever makes it to.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...