Sunny Scotland

Skip to the bottom

• @zxcvbnm  Jan 2017

Great to be back again, I've spotted a few of the usual suspects already. I'm aiming for 14 but have no ideas and nothing prepared, so it should be a dawdle.

• @gerrybhoy Jan 2017

Good luck to you all, let the smithing begin : )

• @roddy Feb 2017

I live in Scotland but have avoided the Scottish winter by spending a few months in Australia.

• @topak Feb 2017

4 done, 10 to go!

• @themiller Feb 2017

Just popped by for a listen to the burg songwriters - boy is it quiet in here!

• @mungus Mar 2017

First attempt at Fawm, made it to 10, haven't seen or heard from many other Scots

• @zxcvbnm  Mar 2017

Hello Mungus, I made 10 too, sort of, more importantly did you enjoy it?

• @mungus Mar 2017

It felt really positive! I've been writing music for years but never released any, just sit and tinker on the same few tracks over and over - and was recommended this site as a way of learning to let go of tracks and just move on to the next - so I'm now hoping to find a balance and formally release some tracks real soon - with a little more time behind them than FAWM allowed, but with the confidence FAWM afforded me

• @mungus Mar 2017

Did you enjoy it yourself? I'm gonna have a wee gander through your 10 now

• @electrocelte Mar 2017

Love Scotland.

• @zxcvbnm  Mar 2017

And I love your bagpipe music @electrocelte

• @electrocelte Mar 2017

Thanks very much @zxcvbnm... one person gave me a bit of a rough ride, in FAWM forums, just for playing bagpipes, for the first time in 4 years. To each their own, but thankfully there are many more who do like that amazing sound! Have a great weekend šŸ˜€

• @electrocelte Mar 2017

What can I say... twas a Sassenach...

• @zxcvbnm  Mar 2017

@electrocelte Our English cousins have never appreciated the bagpipes they are much more into morris dancing. lol

• @ayehahmur  6 days

Anyone from these parts giving FAWM a bash in 2018?

• @zxcvbnm  2 days

Och Aye! I caught this disease four years ago and cannot shift it. I'm in the Borders and you. @ayehahmur

• @ayehahmur  2 days

Up in Glasgow, @zxcvbnm . Looking forward to getting involved.

• @mkd 2 days

Iā€™m in Cumbria, and wish it was part of Scotland, does that count?!

• @donna  2 days

'Sunny Scotland'. Definitely an oxymoron. šŸ˜‰

Though admittedly, when I was there last year for 2 weeks in May, the sun did nothing but shine down brightly. šŸ˜‰

• @ayehahmur  2 days

@mkd Being Scottish is more a state of mind than a state of geography.

@donna That's why we appreciate the sunshine all the more. Besides, it gives us all the more time to sit indoors and write songs.

• @roddy 2 days

@donna I have friends who live in Kampen in the Netherlands and it seems that the weather there is similar to Scotland with quite a lot of rain and some grey days in winter. E.g. the forecast today is for rain and temperatures of 3 degrees in both Kampen and Glasgow. šŸ˜€ However, they have an amazing New Year tradition of sitting on exploding milk churns that more than makes up for a lack of sunshine. They also have a lot of very good live music.

• @donna  2 days

@roddy, indeed Dutch weather mirrors Scottish weather quite well. Regarding milk churns and 'good live music', I presume you're referring to Kampen?

I can certainly vouch for the good live music here. I go fairly regularly to singer-songwriter nights and concerts featuring Dutch bands. They always seem to be excellent.

The milk churn tradition is new to me, though. I only know that the Dutch go insane with fireworks on New Year's eve. It sounds - and smells - like a war zone.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...