New York City and area...

Skip to the bottom

• @mikeskliar  Jan 28

New York City in the house! other new yorkers (or nearby) -- check in! 😀

• @niveous Jan 28

Hey there fellow New Yorkers!

• @mikeskliar  Jan 29

just giving this a bump, I know there's a whole bunch more of you--and we usually do an in-person gathering during or just after fawm to meet up- last year we did a great meet-up in February, and all did a whole bunch of collaborations on songs right there and then...

• @corinnecurcio  Jan 29

Hi there!

• @niveous Feb 3

Bump!

Where are the New Yorkers and other folks in the Tri-State. I would love to hear some tunes from some locals.

• @raygungirls  Feb 3

Upstate New Yorker here. About 2 hours up the Hudson from Manhattan.

• @sunnymae  Feb 6

I'm up in HarleMontclair and upstate. Always up for a hang.

• @sunnymae  Feb 6

Don't know how Harlem turned into Montclair but I am in Harlem end up in the Catskills. I divide my time between the two.

• @elainedimasi  Feb 6

Hi everyone! Still some "local" FAWMers I haven't met when I come to NYC from Long Island!

• @mikeskliar  Feb 6

i know there's a few more new york area folks here- give a shout ! last year we had a great gathering in the third week of feb., all did some co-writing, etc.

• @swampjaw  Feb 6

Binghamton. Rah rah rah upstate!

And anything outside of NYC proper is upstate.

• @eargoggle  Feb 7

Brooklyn in the house...love to meet some of you all in person sometime.

• @rickatfulcrum  Feb 8

Fairfield County representing. If the band isn't playing the weekend of, I'll see if I can make it!

• @quillwraith  Feb 8

I'm back in Brooklyn this year.

• @kayepeanyc  Feb 15

Hey. Another Brooklynite here. Just getting on board this week. Had a few other things to attend to before I could get my FAWM on.

• @mikeskliar  Feb 15

hey everyone! so I'm not sure when we'll do a fawm gathering this year- if time permitting and there's interest, perhaps that last weekend of feb (25th or 26th), but if it doesn't work then, perhaps a post-fawm gathering in march (again, if there's interest)....

• @quillwraith  Feb 16

I'm looking forward to it!

• @mikeskliar  Feb 17

any particularly good or bad dates for a fawm or post-fawm get together, people? @kayepeanyc @elainedimasi @kenficara @erikdidriksen @swampjaw @rickatfulcrum @corinnecurcio @wen (and others, this is just off the top of my head)

• @sunnymae  Feb 17

Do you guys usually meet at a bar or something or do you need a space like an apartment to hang and maybe do some playing writing whatever?

• @mikeskliar  Feb 17

@sunnymae for the past several years, we've met at my place here on the upper west side of manhattan, happy to host again

• @mdd64 Feb 17

First FAWMer here from the Bronx checking in. Would love to meet up with fellow NY songwriters.

• @mikeskliar  Feb 17

welcome @mdd64 I'll try to keep everyone posted, check back on this thread from time to time tho!

• @sunnymae  Feb 17

Ok great...I was going to offer to host in case we needed a space large enough. Happy to help in any way!
    My challenge is around cats/dogs unfortunately 😮 (

• @andygetch  Feb 17

Not a resident per se, but I have gone to Summersongs East songwriting/music camp for a week the last two years (at Ashokan in 2015 then Stony Point 2016) and plan to go again this year

• @mikeskliar  Feb 17

@andygetch - I went one of the first years they had it, near Ashokan in the long-ago summer of 2001...the staff included penny nichols (who of course founded it), severin brown (brother of jackson) sloan wainwright (sister of loudon, aunt of rufus), david roth, bob franke, and jason blume.

• @andygetch  Feb 17

@mikeskliar Penny, Sloane, and David are still involved in teaching and organizing. @kathym, @snoozin also attend.

• @snoozin  Feb 17

@andygetch , don't forget @papajoe. He also attends SS.

• @corinnecurcio  Feb 17

I prefer a Saturday or Sunday

• @mdd64 Feb 17

my only problem is I gig a lot ,almost every day. Yesterday and today I happen to be off so I did a lot of writing and recording

• @drozen Feb 17

Hi everyone. 😀

• @mikeskliar  Feb 18

welcome to fawm @drozen and yes, @corinnecurcio we'd do it on a saturday or sunday..

• @wen  Feb 20

Sat/sun would be best for me, or after 7~8 pm on weekdays, but I'm supposed to be sent to nebraska in a week or two so

• @mikeskliar  Feb 20

@wen are you leaving NYC for good? hope we can get a fawm gathering in before you leave, perhaps!

• @sunnymae  Mar 2

Looking forward to a hang with fellow New York FAWMERS whenever it's convenient for everyone so I'll just keep checking back here. It will be great to meet some of you in person. Mwah... I miss everyone already.

• @rickatfulcrum  Mar 2

Woh, just now saw your shoutout @mikeskliar. Insanity reigns, cats and dogs living together in peace, etc.

The 25th works for me, along with any Sunday.

• @pixeltender Mar 5

i only got one song up, but i am a fellow NYC-er. hola

• @mikeskliar  Mar 5

@pixeltender - hey, you're a NYC fawmer! welcome to fawm! and hi to everyone else- yeah, lets all keep in touch, maybe we can figure out a date.. I'll check back here and possibly suggest a date sometime soon-

• @sunnymae  Mar 30

Hope I didn't miss the fun 😮 (
    Any news on a get together guys?
    I don't know who all is still checking on the list but I can always get a text at 917-304-7640

• @mikeskliar  Mar 31

thanks! no, you didn't miss anything- to be honest, there didn't seem like a huge amount of interest this year, and i'll actually be away for a bit in early april.. but if people are up for it, when i'm back in mid-april it'd be great to schedule something if people want.. I'll check back here from time to time, etc, and thanks @sunnymae for keeping this idea alive! 😀

• @quillwraith  Mar 31

I'm still checking the site occasionally, and I'll try to show up if we do do this this year.

• @mikeskliar  Apr 1

thanks @quillwraith - and i'll try reaching out soon if i can to some of the other 'regulars' to see who's still interested.. anyone know when this particular site 'goes down'? will it be up for another month?

• @jendistad  Apr 1

This site will likely be up until the end of the year or maybe even January of 2018. Announcements will definitely be made (both in the forums here and on FAWM's facebook group) prior to the site coming down. (=

• @mikeskliar  Apr 26

I should mention, in case anyone is interested, i have a gig this Thursday april 27th... i'm the featured musical performer in this open mic thing happening at the west end lounge, back room, at west end ave and 107th St , upper west side of manhattan. the event starts at 7, i'll probably not be on till 8 or after, it it all ends at 9.

• @oneslowtyper Apr 30

I always thought Cafe Lena would be a great "central" place to meet, as it is practically centered between Boston, NYC, Montreal, and Buffalo. Of course, I'm not a musician, so my contribution would be practically nonexistent.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...