MoCo county MD here...

• @mosley  Jan 28

Fredericksburg VA here!

• @ginomakesmusic  Jan 29

Baltimore (county), MD!

• @standup  Jan 29

Washington DC, Northeast

• @pfoo  Jan 29

Heya! I'm in DC with my husband @Standup.

• @standup  Jan 29

: ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) : )

• @jcuempire  Jan 29

Anne Arundel County MD

• @tiller2  Jan 29

DC NW Friendship Heights

• @monty  Jan 30

Near Annapolis

• @cts  Jan 30

Chesterfield county represented here (VA)

• @aeye Jan 30

One Half of us is located in Baltimore county (DJKenneth A)

• @heuristicsinc  Jan 30

I'm in Howard County MD.

• @shauna161 Feb 2

Columbia Heights, DC!

• @siebass  Feb 3

Silveriest of Springs

• @nuchoyce Feb 3

A little late to the party but DMV stand up!

• @risbon  Feb 4

MD as well, DELMARVA tends to pop up in my songs.

• @paulharrison  Feb 4

Eastern Shore of MD (formerly AA Co.)

• @insaneian Feb 4

Does former count? I lived in Baltimore/Parkville for 37 years but just moved to the Chicago-land area. Life long MD boy tho...Go O's/Ravens!

• @aeye Feb 6

@insaneian Staying true to the teams, I love it.

• @elainedimasi  Feb 25

Do I have any friends in DC who could be interested in letting me couch-surf tuesday night, 14 march? I'll have been in a conference near Georgetown I think, have the conf. hotel monday night only and want to leave weds.

• @prsrose  Feb 28

Yep. All of the above.

• @tiller2  Mar 16

prolly too late this for year, but it would be cool if we could have a FOP or a song-share evening for us DMV folks. Or even show up at the same SAW (Songwriter's Assn of Washington) open mic.

• @siebass  Mar 28

Not quite the FOP other regions are doing, but I'm trying to run an open-mic at Bump 'n Grind coffeehouse in Silver Spring, MD on Friday, April 23. That might work for folks if you want to test-drive some material.

7:30 signups, 8 pm music until 10-10:30. It's an all acoustic open mic, so no powered stuff, generally speaking. I'll be giving 1-2 of my FAWM songs a test run. Depending on turnout I may try to make it a monthly thing.

• @tiller2  Mar 29

Cool! @siebass, I'll see if I can go. Is there sound reinforcement (mic/PA) for an acoustic guitar without a pickup? Wait--you mean Friday, April 21, right?

• @siebass  Mar 29

@tiller2 Oops, yes Friday, April 21st, my mistake. There won't be any mic or PA, as the open mic ironically and traditionally was acoustic only, but I can loan you my acoustic for your set if you want if you are concerned about its volume (I just have a basic Fender FA-100 but it does carry). I think just playing your acoustic and singing would work just fine, it's not a huge space. http://bumpngrind.co/

• @tiller2  Mar 29

Great! I am free that night so I'll plan to be there and play. If you wanna correspond directly, my email is in my profile.

• @standup  Mar 29

I'll try to make it

• @siebass  Mar 29

Here's the Facebook invite; I just made the FB event today.

https://www.facebook.com/events/23829...

Usually everyone gets to play 1-2 songs, and then recycle to the top of the list or late entrants.

• @pfoo  Mar 31

I'll be coming along with @standup. I'm not a performer, but I will be there for moral support and to say hello!

• @standup  Apr 2

@petra777 , @mosley @ginomakesmusic @jcuempire @monty @cts @aeye @heuristicsinc @shauna161 @nuchoyce @risbon @paulharrison @prsrose

See above, we're doing an April 21 Silver Spring open mic invasion.

• @heuristicsinc  Apr 3

Heh, I don't really do anything acoustic... synthesizers and computers and whatnot don't make much noise when they're not plugged in 😀

• @cts  Apr 3

🤔

• @siebass  Apr 5

If you've got batteries I think it's ok, but I believe the spirit is to keep things unplugged where possible, for this particular open mic at least.

• @ustaknow Apr 6

Hey @siebass -- nice space, concept. None in NJ like that!

With all the glass, stone, -- plenty loud acoustically. They set up against the stone wall pictured? Could play toward it too.

To bad it's a 3 hr drive -+ for me.

Anyway, -- nice! Good for you all.

• @siebass  Apr 6

@ustaknow yeah it's a pretty good space. You do need to project, but you don't need to belt. Usually it's set up like in the photos at the link, if you want to get an idea.
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/BumpNGrin...

A 3 hour drive to perform a few songs does not seem worth it at all. Mainly it's good because the crowd is generally very attentive and supportive.

I figured it might be fun to do the open mic, since there hasn't been any activity regarding a FOP for the DMV area that I had seen, and I will be running the open mic for the first time.

• @tiller2  Apr 17

I'm still planning to be there, on Fri. From the photos, it appears that at that venue, performing acoustic music truly unplugged will require full-volume singing and playing. (Some performers have used a PA or amps there.) So I'll choose songs accordingly. I look forward to meeting other FAWMers in person!

• @siebass  Apr 17

Looking forward to meeting you all in just a few days.

• @ginomakesmusic  Apr 24

Dang, this is what happens when you stop looking at the forums! Hopefully I get a chance to perform with some FAWMers another time.

• @siebass  Apr 24

Gonna try to run the open mic again, waiting to hear back from the owner, so you may still have another opportunity.

• @siebass  May 2

May 19th for the next open mic, if folks are interested. I did pick up a small PA for those that desire amplification, and I'll bring one of my mics as well.

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...