Minnesota - Twin Cities

Skip to the bottom

• @famouspatrick  7 weeks

I'm giving it another go. If you're in the Twin Cities area, it might be fun to meet in person.

• @acromie 7 weeks

Excited to be here again this year. Yes, perhaps this year we'll actually do something.

• @ericdistad  7 weeks

Hey Twin Cities Fawmers! Great to see you all here!! Let's rock this thing! 😀

Yeah, I think it would be awesome if we could meet up. (In years past I've tried to organize more elaborate things that haven't worked - February is just too busy. And then the last few years I haven't even had the capacity to think about it. Maybe we should just pick a restaurant or something to just meet up and hang out and talk FAWM. Ideas?)

I'm game for a meetup. I'm open to just about anyplace, and my time is very flexible. Maybe a post FAWM at the beginning of March at a pizza place or and Appleby's Outback Champs etc. Or I could host it at my place in Blaine (I promise that I'm not an axe murderer!) 😉

• @jlampson  7 weeks

I live in Minneapolis and would love to welcome you all to my place to hang out or collaborate! I play guitar, bass, keyboards, sing, and leave drums to the experts!

• @travelswithcharlie 7 weeks

MPLS here, and would love to meet up and collaborate! 3rd year participating, and I play mostly Americana/Bluegrass/Folk. Good luck everyone!

• @darcistrutt  7 weeks

Hudson, WI - the Wisconsin suburb of the Twin Cities! I'm betting some of you poor planners have stopped over on Sunday to buy beer. It would be fun to meet IRL. Looking forward to our virtual life here too!

• @isaacq  7 weeks

just checking in from winnipeg, which is close enough we may as well be the triplet with MSP 😆 also I'm down there several times a year so consider myself an honorary mpls citizen.

if there's a twin cities FOP this year I hope to make it, barring any troubles due to... current political climate.

• @jlampson  7 weeks

I love it! We are practically Southern Canada here, @isaacq . I've added you all to my watchlist by clicking on the creepy-looking "Watch" eyeball. Here's to some successful FAWM-ing!

@isaacq 500 miles is close enough to be a triplet?? Okay, I'll buy it. Has our President tweeted the Canadian border closed yet? ;-0

• @ellsworth 7 weeks

@isaacq I made my first road trip to Winnipeg last summer!

• @mikedayton 7 weeks

Plymouth here

• @nuerdetjuligen  6 weeks

Yay! Twin siblings! I've had my Minnesota Drivers license for just over a year, kicking it in south-central Minneapolis. I'd love a meet up! Around here or in Winnipeg.

• @famouspatrick  3 weeks

I'm going to contact each of you individually, also. I'd love to have a meet up with you folks. I'm available this 3/4, 3/5, 3/11, 3/18 or 3/19. We could meet at a restaurant, or you could come to my place - it's a large (2,000 sq. ft.) mobile home with lots of room and a permanent recording studio in one of the 4 bedrooms. Post here with your availability and preference for a meeting place.

• @ericdistad  3 weeks

This sounds like fun! I'm a maybe for 3/11 and a bit more likely for 3/18 or 3/19. I'm good with wherever works - having set these up in the past, my instinct is to do a restaurant or something similar, but I'm open to whatever.

• @darcistrutt  3 weeks

I could do 3/18 and the afternoon of 3/19! It would be fun to actually meet some of you in person! I'd see if I could grab Dawn, @dawnsoap to come with me!

• @famouspatrick  3 weeks

Cool! Sounds like the best day so far is Saturday, 3/18. Any preference to what time? I'm open all day.

• @acromie 3 weeks

I have a few other things going that day, plus I have my kids. So...I'll just have to see how things pan out.

• @darcistrutt  3 weeks

@acromie bring the kids - we can write a song with them 😀 I love to do such things!

• @nuerdetjuligen  2 weeks

Thanks for organizing this! I'll come if I don't have to work.

• @famouspatrick  2 weeks

Looks like we have 4 or 5. Let us know if you're bringing someone with, as that might influence where we go. Do we want to meet for brunch or lunch someplace? I'm thinking that might be easier than finding a place for supper on a Saturday night. I'm game for pretty much anything but sushi.

• @jendistad  2 weeks

@famouspatrick: count me and @ericdistad in. (=

• @famouspatrick  2 weeks

So then, how about lunch at a restaurant like Applebee's or TGIFriidays on Saturday, 3/18? I don't go out to eat a lot so I don't know a lot of places, and those places tend to have something for everyone without breaking the bank. What to do you all think?

• @famouspatrick  1 week

No suggestions coming in for the FOP, so how about the Applebee's in Roseville -1893 W Highway 36, Roseville, MN 55113; maybe at 11:30 AM this Saturday for the FOP? I'll post this on each of your pages.

• @famouspatrick  1 week

I will be hosting a songwriters' showcase at Dulono's Pizza on Lake St in Mpls on Thursday, 3/16. I will be the headliner, playing from 8:30 to 9:30, so stop by and say hello if you're so inclined. I'll be the handsome older gentleman with the shaved head. 😉

• @acromie 1 week

I'll be at a birthday party with my son that morning and we are ridiculously broke right now, so I'm going to have to pass this round. Have fun, and I hope to find a chance to meet you all in the future!

• @darcistrutt  1 week

I'm excited for Saturday at Applebee's in Roseville! Looking forward to meeting whoever can come!

• @ericdistad  1 week

@famouspatrick - That works for me! I'll see you all there! 😀

• @famouspatrick  1 week

Update on Thursday - I've been downgraded to 1/2 hour between 8:00 & 8:30. See how the mighty have fallen!

• @famouspatrick  1 week

Okay, so far it looks like it's @ericdistad , @darcistrutt and me at Roseville Applebee''s at 11:30 Saturday. Looking forward to it!

• @darcistrutt  1 week

I'm going to bring along my hubby. He is my audience...and often song topic.

• @jendistad  1 week

@famouspatrick I'll be there too. (I often assume that if Eric has confirmed that I have been included in the confirmation.)

Can't wait to meet up! (=

• @famouspatrick  1 week

That's great @jendistad! Looking forward to meeting you all!

• @nuerdetjuligen  5 days

Have so much fun at the meetup! I'm so sorry I won't be able to make it to Applebee's today and I'm sad I missed your showcase at Delano's Patrick! I hope you'll continue to Let us know about things like that in the future.

• @darcistrutt  4 days

So wonderful to meet IRL! Thank you for coming out! It was an honor to have lunch with you three.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...

• @jendistad  4 days

I had a lot of fun meeting y'all! I'm so glad you came out. Thanks @famouspatrick for organizing this! (=

• @famouspatrick  4 days

Great FOP - loved meeting my "imaginary friends!" Loved hearing the story of the genesis of FAWM. I'd definitely be up for doing it again sometime.

• @ericdistad  4 days

It was awesome hanging out with you guys @darcistrutt @famouspatrick . We definitely need to do it again!

Thanks for putting it together @famouspatrick

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...