Annual 4-Track Cassette Challenge!!

Skip to the bottom

• @zecoop  Jan 28

The last few years we have had a growing number of brave souls who go OLD-school to write a song for FAWM, recording a part onto cassette tape. The physical tape is then mailed through the post, to the next person on the list, who adds one part and sends it on to the next person. The last person mixes the four tracks and uploads the song. The results have been amazing.

This one from 2016 was a straight up garage rocker:
    https://zecoop.bandcamp.com/track/hid...

This one from 2015 sounded like a legit 80's college radio song:
    https://zecoop.bandcamp.com/track/emo...

Hereโ€™s another from 2016 that had kind of an 80โ€™s alternative vibe:
    https://zecoop.bandcamp.com/track/wat...

And this 2015 one was every bit a 60's surf rave-up a-la Link Wray!
    https://zecoop.bandcamp.com/track/mis...

If you have a functional 4-track cassette tape player speak up... Please understand that for this project to work, you must commit to make time to complete your parts as fast as possible and mail them using USPS Priority Mail (or something else that will arrive in several days). Nothing worse than putting effort in and then having the tape die in the mail, or on a desk somewhere.

Some additional info:
    We try to make it as universal as possible, so all tapes are recorded at standard speed (not 2X) and without noise-reduction, since not all players have these features. Of course, not all players play at the same speed either, so there are always some unexpected sounds and effects. ๐Ÿ˜€

The first person will record their part on the first track and a click track on a separate track (unless the first part is a drum part that will keep the beat). Any notes that tell the collaborators the structure and chords are very much appreciated (V, V, Ch, V, Br, etcโ€ฆ).

• @zecoop  Jan 28

@pfoo @standup @cynthiawolff @marvsmooth @fourzeroes @songsville @alboe @nancyrost @eargoggle

US **Tape 1**
    Eye for an Eye
    http://fawm.org/songs/73565/
    Track 1: @zecoop
    Track 2: @cynthiawolff
    Track 3: @cynthiawolff
    Track 4:@standup / @pfoo

UK **Tape 2**
    Let's Go Have Some Fun
    http://fawm.org/songs/74401/
    Track 1: @marvsmooth
    Track 2: @vomvorton
    Track 3: @fourzeroes
    Track 4: @alboe

Euro/US **Tape 3**
    Track 1: @alboe
    Track 3: @bachelorb
    Track 4: @zecoop

US **Tape 4**
    Track 1: @eargoggle
    Track 2: @zecoop
    Track 3: @brrrse
    Track 4: @standup

UK **Tape 5**
    "I Never Knew"
    http://fawm.org/songs/74400/
    Track 1: @vomvorton
    Track 2: @marvsmooth

US **Tape 6**
    "Runaway"
    http://fawm.org/songs/72790/
    Track 1: @standup
    Track 2: @pfoo
    Track 4: @eargoggle

US **Tape 7**
    Gasoline
    http://fawm.org/songs/74591/
    Track 2: @xna1321
    Track 3: @bachlorb
    Track 4:@standup

US **Tape 8**
    Breadcrumbs
    http://fawm.org/songs/73546/
    Track 1: @bachelorb
    Track 2: @eargoggle
    Track 3: @standup
    Track 4:@pfoo

US **Tape 9**
    Central Park
    http://fawm.org/songs/74616/
    Track 1: @cts
    Track 2: @nancyrost
    Track 3: @eargoggle
    Track 4: @pfoo

US **Tape 10**
    "Another Day (gone by)"
    http://fawm.org/songs/71119/

US **Tape 11**
    Dog On A Leash
    http://fawm.org/songs/73995/
    Track 2: @standup
    Track 4:@marvsmooth

Aus and UK **Tape 12**
    Fadeaway
    http://fawm.org/songs/73469/
    Track 1: @phlex
    Track 2: @anonymouse
    Track 3: @marvsmooth
    Track 4: @vomvorton

US **Tape 13**
    "Strolling"
    http://fawm.org/songs/70075/
    Track 3: @pfoo
    Track 4:@nancyrost

US **Tape 14**
    Track 1: @cynthiawolff
    Track 4: @bachelorb

• @yam655  Jan 28

Hey... @brrrse... I know you have one...

• @brrrse  Jan 28

Yes. My little tascam portastudio-2 is working as well as I can test with non-chrome cassettes. However I'd prefer to be near the end of a tape so I can follow others, because I've not done anything like this in my life.

• @elainedimasi  Jan 28

@toms find that unfinished tape from 2013 and mail it to @standup !

• @marvsmooth  Jan 28

*waves* whatever you want me to do, I'm right there!

I'll try and put something down on day one and post it on straight away!

• @marvsmooth  Jan 28

@vomvorton - you in Tom?

• @cynthiawolff  Jan 28

@brrrse hey girl! Well I never did it in my life before last year either so if I can do it so can you...here's the deal ...you get the cassette In the mail..you play it in your player to hear how it goes...you record your track ( hint: make sure you record on one track!! Or you could be erasing the one before you!!) the lyrics and melody, a vocal harmony, piano, organ, drums, bass, Tambo, humming... whatever!! As long as it goes with what's already on there..get that sucker done quick, pop it into the mail to the next person on the list...it can get bogged down by laying around on someone's desk, so if you say yes, try to get it going!!! Those four weeks go by fast when you are waiting for a cassette and so are three other people (Watching, Waiting)

• @vomvorton  Jan 28

Yep count me in!

• @toms  Jan 28

:Oh

• @zecoop  Jan 28

If you are interested - send your name and address to zecoop at yahoo, so I can coordinate everything.

We have done cassettes between continents before, but it is tough, obviously, due to the time constraint. Normally we have UK and US tapes, but if we have a few from Australia/New Zealand that can join and work together this year, we'd love to hear one of those! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @fourzeroes  Jan 28

In ๐Ÿ˜€

• @cts  Jan 29

@zecoop love Hiding in the Bathroom. That one still gets LOTS of spins in my whip!

• @standup  Jan 29

I'm in! And this year I will use FASTER SHIPPING because we don't have a lot of time.

• @pfoo  Jan 29

I'm in as well. I learned how to use the 4-track all by myself in 50/90 this past year. Woohoo! It's not hard, but somehow still intimidating.

• @marvsmooth  Jan 29

@zecoop you still got my address, John?

• @marvsmooth  Jan 29

@pfoo for some of us, four-track recording was a part of our original recording and songwriting make-up! #OldSchool

• @zecoop  Jan 29

@marvsmooth - Yep, I still have it! 4-track was my third type of recording for my songs. Putting the Jam Box in front of us was the first. Connecting two cassette players together and switching tapes was second and 4-track was third. I love digital SO much for the versatility and ease, but will always have a soft spot for the analog.

• @marvsmooth  Jan 29

@zecoop - I remember even having a little mono tape recorder, where I would record playing one part, and then I'd put that tape into the stereo, play it in the background, as on a separate tape in the little recorder, I would record another part, so that the two parts would be on that tape cassette...

That would carry on until I had built up the recording enough.

• @zecoop  Jan 30

So who is up for starting a tape? I am... Eric/Patti are...
    Here's who we have so far:

US:
    @pfoo @standup @cynthiawolff @brrrse and me
    (@nancy @toms @elainedimasi @eargoggle are you in? Anyone else??)

UK
    @marvsmooth @fourzeroes and @vomvorton
    Anyone else from Europe? @songsville ? @alboe (NL)?

Australia/NZ?

• @brrrse  Jan 30

I remember in college using a boom box, 2 cassette recorders, a mini-cassete recorder and a portable stereo and making multi-track recordings of me and my little casio keyboard. I think having the 4 track is gonna facilitate that ๐Ÿ˜€

didja get my addy, @zecoop ?

• @marvsmooth  Jan 30

I'm going to try and put something down on day one for the UK.

That way I can post it straight away!

Who shall I send it to? @vomvorton perhaps! Something relatively simple or convoluted like the 5090 one?

• @nancyrost  Jan 30

I am in for one tape this time. I'm trying not to bite off more than I can chew, but I do love collaborating this way.

• @bachelorb  Jan 30

I'm in!!!! I had a blast doing this before during 5090.

• @phlex Jan 30

I'm in AU and would love to get on board! Happy to start a tape for any other AU/NZ folks.

• @vomvorton  Jan 30

@marvsmooth happy to put down track 2 for Eurotape 1! Then I can send it on to @fourzeroes? Or vice versa! Whatever works.

• @marvsmooth  Jan 30

@vomvorton - I'll try and get something down on day one then, and post it to you.

PM me your address again on Facebook please, and this time I'll write it in the address book!

• @alboe Jan 30

Ok @zecoop ,
    I'm in.
    Haven't heard tape hiss for a whole year so please give me some.
    Willing to start a tape too, whatever is needed.

• @eargoggle  Jan 30

Hey! So psyched to do this again this year. Count me in for as many as possible.

• @zecoop  Jan 30

@alboe - Can you start a second Euro-tape?
    @vomvorton - If you wanted to start one too, we could get all of the Euro musical perspectives!

@eargoggle - I'm going to put you down to start one, but will absolutely get you on track 4 of one too ๐Ÿ˜€

@standup and @pfoo - do you each want to start one, or start one together?

@cynthiawolff - I'm going to send mine to you for track 2... Expect some rocking electric guitar to vocalize to. ๐Ÿ˜€

So glad to have you back @bachelorb and @nancyrost Yay!!! I'll get you worked in, so let me know if you have a preference for track order.

I will start one and @marvsmooth will as well. We are looking good for this year already!!

p.s. - @phlex - If you wanted to start one it on the first day we could probably get it done by the end of FAWM. We did at least one cross Atlantic tape last year. Or if we can convince some more Aus/NZ FAWMers to have a go...

• @alboe Jan 30

@zecoop
    Sure

• @brrrse  Jan 30

@zecoop ummmm, I thought I signed up? Guess ya don't want me anymore? Please email me and let me know what's wrong?

• @zecoop  Jan 30

@brrrse - You are absolutely in, but you said you didn't want to start a tape... That is what I am setting up right now. Once we get the starters we'll figure out where they are going and you'll be in!

• @brrrse  Jan 30

k. Sorry, just looked like you had listed everyone participated, and I didn't see my name. All good! Carry on! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @vomvorton  Jan 30

Yes, I will attempt to start a tape too! Let's get those four-tracks working!

• @cts  Jan 30

Hello! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• @marvsmooth  Jan 30

@cts hey there Craig ๐Ÿ˜€ *waves*

• @nancyrost  Jan 30

Thanks for all your organization, @zecoop ! My preference would be for Track 3.

• @cts  Jan 30

....I forgot to say I'm down for the challenge.

• @zecoop  Jan 30

Yasssssssss.... @cts - Want to start one or add to one?

@nancyrost - still have that 50/90 tape? That would count with a newly written part from you, right? ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Jan 30

I've just realised that I haven't downloaded the 50/90 ones!

• @cynthiawolff  Jan 31

@zecoop ok baby ima down for that tape...Super excited
    warm up yer guitar now...

if you need my add let me know...

• @standup  Jan 31

We'll start a tape together (standup and @pfoo). That will save several days of mailing time. Then I'll send it out Priority Mail since First Class can apparently take WEEKS.

• @cynthiawolff  Jan 31

dear @standup and @pfoo Please Please Me by being on Tape 1!!

• @zecoop  Jan 31

Great... @standup - yours can go to @brrrse for the third track. ๐Ÿ˜€

Yep... All US post should go PRIORITY... We know very well what happens otherwise!

• @nancyrost  Jan 31

@zecoop I do. I'd be doing Track 4 on that, and am wary of mixing it. Could I send it to you for that?

• @zecoop  Jan 31

Absolutely @nancyrost ๐Ÿ˜€
    I know I played an acoustic guitar but can't remember the tune and have no idea what it will sound like!

• @brrrse  Jan 31

YAY! I have a place! @zecoop did you get my email with address? @standup if you want it directly lemme know. Here's to jumping off cliffs!

• @zecoop  Jan 31

Tapes are updated... that's a freaking awesome start! This is just the beginning tracks so let me know where you would like to get added. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anyone new, there is plenty of room (and plenty more tapes) - let me know!!

US **Tape 1**
    Track 1: @zecoop (elec guitar)
    UK **Tape 2**
    Euro **Tape 3**
    US **Tape 4**
    UK **Tape 5**
    US **Tape 6**
    US **Tape 7**
    Track 1: @zecoop (drums)
    US **Tape 8**
    US **Tape 9**

• @pfoo  Jan 31

Wow - that's a lot of 4-track songs!

@marvsmooth I'm probably old enough to have done 4-track recording, but I wasn't making music back then.

There was another Australian in 50/90 that we were supposed to send a tape to, but we procrastinated and didn't have time - @anonymouse, not sure if he/she is signed up for FAWM.

• @marvsmooth  Jan 31

Do you want me to do tape 5 as well?

• @zecoop  Jan 31

@marvsmooth - Yea, I could put you after Vom or it could go to someone else first and then you. You guys can hash it out...

• @vomvorton  Jan 31

I should be able to get tape 5 rolling within the first couple of days - happy to send it to @marvsmooth or shake up the chain and send it to Europe or across the world!

• @marvsmooth  Jan 31

@vomvorton either option is fine with me ๐Ÿ˜€

• @anonymouse  Jan 31

@pfoo
    Thanks pfoo. I very much appreciate your remembering me. I'll probably give it a miss this time though ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Jan 31

@phlex is ready to try @anonymouse if you wanted to lay down a couple of tracks... Maybe there are a couple more Aussie/Kiwis? Just a thought... ๐Ÿ˜€

• @bachelorb  Jan 31

add me anywhere Zee..... I'd rather do this than most anything

• @zecoop  Jan 31

@bachelorb - cool... I have you starting a tape so get in that right away, and then you can grab some more spots later

• @cts  Jan 31

@zecoop - what speed should I use or should I just make the next person aware once I'm done?

• @zecoop  Jan 31

@cts - normal 1x speed, since many don't have 2x or variable. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @anonymouse  Jan 31

@zecoop thanks for the heads up ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Jan 31

@anonymouse - If you definitely don't want to do it, that's cool too. But If both you and @phlex want to add a track and one of you could mix and upload, I can either get a tape to you this year early or would be happy to finish a tape FROM you. Apparently it takes 7-10 days for the post, so we'd have to get it started right away. Let me know though! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Jan 31

Tape two will be standard speed unfortunately.

I'd love a varispeed four track machine!

• @zecoop  Jan 31

All tapes should be standard speed, so we can have anyone add parts... ๐Ÿ˜€

• @cts  Jan 31

Got it. Thanks!

• @eargoggle  Jan 31

@zecoop Looks good to me! Lemme know where to send that tape I'm starting, I'll be on it tomorrow.
    Thanks for putting this together!

• @zecoop  Jan 31

@marvsmooth and @cts... that said, there's nothing saying you can't record something at an off speed on purpose, knowing that the next person will hear something completely diffrerent, lol. I actually end up using my speed adjustment knob every year to get things to a key I can play.

**Everybody else - let me know when you want to be added to a tape. We have lots of early starters! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @elesimo  Jan 31

Argh, I have 3 4-track players at home and none work. Will try to fix one tomorrow so I can participate! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @brrrse  Jan 31

in other news, went to the Radio Shack to try to find some Chrome type II tapes to practice with and they were closed with a sign on the door saying they'd be back 2 hours previous. *sigh* ..

• @cts  Jan 31

@brrrse - ahhh...Radio Shack. Evidence of an ancient civilization. They're practically non-existence in my area.

• @cts  Jan 31

@zecoop - cool! But to keep it fair, I'll make sure to use normal speed. Now, to find out where in the world I put my MT4X.

• @standup  Jan 31

@brrse Doubt Radio Shack will have type II. Usually somebody on Amazon will have some. And not too long ago there was somebody selling generic newType II tapes.

• @brrrse  Jan 31

@standup was hoping to find one local so I could practice a bit. I've got type I tapes I can use, but I don't wanna break anything LOL

• @standup  Jan 31

In my house in 5-10 minutes I could probably find an ancient mix tape to record over.

• @standup  Jan 31

Here's an amazon seller with a box of 10 for $2.70 each. Possibly a couple years worth of tapes.

• @phlex Jan 31

@zecoop I'll see how it goes with @anonymouse on how we get started. I have some tapes here, so I can use one of those. Might be interesting to do half in .AU and then have the other half done in some other country.

• @zecoop  Feb 1

@phlex - That would be outstanding! Definitely let me know. @anonymouse - if you have it in you, I'd love to get an Aus/US tape! Be happy to send one your way too, but one might be all you want to take on. Either way, it's cool, but I'd love to get you involved! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @anonymouse  Feb 1

@zecoop I'll be doing my best to participate ๐Ÿ˜€

• @fourzeroes  Feb 1

@vomvorton happy to be third on tape 2, and any other number on anything within postal distance. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 1

Wow... @eargoggle already got the first 4-track tape going, with a stand-up bass part. I'll take the second part for that. I'll be recording giotar for a tape going to @cynthiawolff today (hopefully) and drums for a tape that needs somebody...

Who wants to record part two on tape 7 that will have drums?

• @xna1321 Feb 1

Hi, I would love to participate - first timer. Just took out my 4-track at the start of the year. In US. Me mixing skills are not so much, so would be best for track 2 or 3 slots.

• @zecoop  Feb 1

@xna1321 - That's great!! How about if I send you my tape that will have a drum track on it? You can put whatever one track you want to add (guitar, bass, vocal or keys, etc) and I'll give you some guides to what the drum part is like. After you are done, you'll mail it off to whoever we find for track 3. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Send your address to zecoop at yahoo dot com ๐Ÿ˜€

Glad you are in!!

• @bachelorb  Feb 2

Tape 8 has a midi bass line laid down if anyone is interested for part 2

• @zecoop  Feb 2

@bachelorb - @eargoggle is dying to get his hands on more analog tape. I will send you his address, since I have both of yours.

• @standup  Feb 2

Update to the plan: Tomorrow or Friday @pfoo and I will try to get TWO tapes done. One for @brrrse , one for @cynthiawolff .

And I have this other thing. A weird thing. It's modular synth and kinda droney. There's a simple bass line that repeats again and again, and some very abstract random synth noise on top of that. It has drums at the moment.

I'd kinda like to dump this whole thing onto one track of 4-track cassette and see what people could add to it. It would be one track with drums and synth (or I could mute the drums, but I think that would make it harder to follow).

Here's the track: http://files.fawmers.com/FAWM_17/stan.... If anybody wants this on a 4-track tape, let me know and specify drums/no drums.

• @vomvorton  Feb 2

I have recorded some sequenced, squelchy synth bass onto Tape 5! I will get it posted off to @marvsmooth

• @zecoop  Feb 2

So that is a total of 10.... count 'em TEN new 4-tracks making the rounds. Wow. (so far...)
    This is awesome!

• @bachelorb  Feb 3

8 is on the way @eargoggle . Now onto my stuff until another one comes available

• @marvsmooth  Feb 3

@vomvorton - thanks Tom. I was originally thinking of getting tape two started on day one, but I think it's going to be the weekend now, what with all the dentist trips this week knocking me for six (trip four on Friday).

• @alboe Feb 3

Hey @zecoop
    Got my tape ready but no one to send it to?
    Come on people, in Holland, Germany, Belgium or even further away in Europe don't you want to hear some hiss again?
    I have played a bassline for you to put your magic on.

• @vomvorton  Feb 3

Happy to take it in the UK if no Euro-FAWMers are forthcoming, @alboe!

• @alboe Feb 3

@vomvorton
    I don't know if that is allowed anymore.
    It is a Euro-tape and I remember something about a brexit? ๐Ÿ˜
    Sorry, bad joke, couldn't resist.
    I'll gladly sent it to you but let's see what @zecoop has to say, he's in charge and maybe he knows more than we?
    By the way, how does it work with getting adresses for sending the tape without letting the whole world know where you live?

• @vomvorton  Feb 3

We're trying to hoard all of Europe's cassettes before the borders close!

No problem, hopefully there are some more European four-track lovers around - show your faces, tape fans!

• @zecoop  Feb 3

@vomvorton and @alboe - I'm just a caretaker... We don't have any other people jumping on this and we have very limited time, so if someone shows up, they can take the next track. If you want to e-mail me address to zecoop at yahoo I can get them to both of you. Notice my very high security anti-spam tactics. If I spell it out, the spammers can't get me! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @alboe Feb 3

Ok @zecoop is it zecoop at yahoo dot you es?
    @vomvorton if you want the tape it's yours, if you send your home adress to @zecoop , i'll mail him and he can mail it to me.

• @bachelorb  Feb 3

@standup ...... that track was cool!!! I'd like to try something with it. If you could pan the synth all the way right and drums all the way left, I could just download it, record it, and save you the postage (plus then we'd have 2 of the 4 tracks done.... ๐Ÿ˜€ )

• @zecoop  Feb 3

@alboe - zecoop at yahoo dot com ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 3

I'm going to give @xna1321 until Monday, but I have not heard back yet. If I don't... who wants tape 7 with a drum part on it? If I do hear back, then you'll get track 3. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Feb 3

@vomvorton got the tape today.

• @vomvorton  Feb 3

@marvsmooth the system works! Hope it sounds alright!

• @bachelorb  Feb 3

seven seems like a good number...... send er my way...... I'm having hiccups with my bigger board anyways, at least I can operate a portastudio.......

• @bachelorb  Feb 3

that was @zecoop by the way.......

• @zecoop  Feb 3

Gotcha @bachelorb ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 4

@xna1321 is IN... Yay!! So, @bachelorb will get track three after she's done. I gave her your address, Brad. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @standup  Feb 4

Sent a track via Dropbox for @bachelorb to dump to 4-track, so we have another tape. It's synth weirdness, don't know how that one will turn out...

• @standup  Feb 4

@pfoo and I are doing tracks tomorrow on 2 tapes.

• @zecoop  Feb 4

@standup - more new tapes that need to be added?

• @standup  Feb 4

One is new -- one goes to brrse as planned, but @cynthiawolff wanted a tape from us too. So I guess cynthia gets tape 10. And the synth thing I dropboxed to @bachelorb might be 11. A plethora! A cornucopia!

• @zecoop  Feb 4

@standup @pfoo @vomvorton @alboe @brrrse @bachelorb @cynthiawolff @eargoggle @nancyrost @fourzeroes
    OK... now I suddenly had a bright idea... I hope we get to 14 cassettes!!! @phlex and @anonymouse any chance Australia will represent? Anyone else? Just a few more to have a FAWM win for 4-tracks! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @bachelorb  Feb 4

I am doing synth madness (tape 11)......ummmm......vocals if you can believe it... also...... I can start another..... there just aren't enough 4-tracks with jew's harps in em......

• @phlex Feb 4

@zecoop Yes! I'll be starting a tape this weekend and sending it to @anonymouse on Monday hopefully.

• @zecoop  Feb 4

@phlex and @anonymouse - Sweet - that is great news! I'll add the tape above. We've added a new continent to the challenge!! Thank you both! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @alboe Feb 4

@zecoop and @vomvorton
    The tape has left the building.
    Or the be more precise, will leave the building within an hour or so. Let's hope the postal services are sharp as ever.

• @zecoop  Feb 4

Tape 7 is off to California (with an ache in its heart) for @xna1321 and then it will head to Oklahoma and @bachelorb . I just claimed the last spot on tape 10, with @standup, @pfoo and @cynthiawolff because I wanted to "get the band back together" from last year's "Watching Waiting" smash hit. @phlex and @anonymous are going to get the Australian tape going, which will then head to the US or UK to finish. @cts any news on tape 9?

If you have any other updates or want to claim a specific spot, speak up!

• @standup  Feb 4

@zecoop are you e-mailing addresses out? If you happen to see this and can get me @brrrse 's address in the next 30 minutes I might be able to mail it today instead of Monday.

• @standup  Feb 4

Our tapes will go out Monday. Every post office within 20 miles closed at noon.

• @standup  Feb 4

@cynthiawolff if your address is the same as last year I have it and you should get a tape from by Wednesday in theory.

• @marvsmooth  Feb 4

I need to knuckle down and get the four-tracks done and posted!

• @brrrse  Feb 4

@zecoop I did email you my addy through FAWM.

• @zecoop  Feb 4

@brrrse - Yep - I had found it and sent it to Eric right after he asked. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 5

I have received @zecoop Big Rocker tape today
    I will be recording tambourine on track 2...
    Who is waiting to get a tape and wants to be on track 3??
    Let me know through here and I will get your address...

• @zecoop  Feb 5

So.... If @cynthiawolff does tambourine, then maybe this would be a good time for @nancyrost to jump in for vocals. If Cynthia does vocals, then speak up, because we'll need bass or drums or synth or anything.......................... I played Mr Big Rock Star on distorted guitar on that one. (hey, a guy can pretend, right?) ๐Ÿ˜

• @nancyrost  Feb 5

Yeah, I'll jump in for vocals. My address is still the same.

• @zecoop  Feb 5

@nancyrost - Either this tape or another, we'll get you in for vocals for sure.
    Let me know if you can get that other tape done. I'm happy to mix/post. I am looking forward to hearing what I played, lol........

• @nancyrost  Feb 5

I can do that, will mail to you as soon as.

• @eargoggle  Feb 5

All righty, I got Tape 8 with @bachelorb 's awesome bass lines on it and I sang on the verses and bridge this morning (maybe someone else can sing on the choruses and bridge and it can be a duet? Or not!). @zecoop where is this one going next? I'll get it in the mail tomorrow.

• @zecoop  Feb 5

I'm just a caretaker... not the boss, lol. It's not up to me to decide.

Whoever wants to record track 3 for a tape with bass and vocal on it - speak up!!
    @standup @pfoo @cynthiawolff @brrrse @cts @nancyrost @xna1321
    or try an intercontinental on (has to be ok with the sender, since it costs more to ship, obviously) @vomvorton @marvsmooth @fourzeroes

• @standup  Feb 5

I'll take it. If @pfoo hears something and is inspired we could do 2 tracks and finish. I'll leave that up to her.

• @eargoggle  Feb 5

Awesome. I am having an annoying amount of my non-FAWM life intrude on me this year (the nerve!) and I haven't found much time for my own songs yet, and yet I've turned around these 4 tracks right away. Maybe I should just stick to my 4 track machine for the rest of the month. Anyway @standup , it's coming your way tomorrow...

• @marvsmooth  Feb 5

I've added some monophonic analogue synth to tape 5.

Where am I sending it to?

• @zecoop  Feb 5

@marvsmooth - @fourzeroes ? Or is it coming to the US?

• @marvsmooth  Feb 5

If @fourzeroes is okay with synth pop?

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 5

Hi All...
    I got tape one, a heavy rocker...way outta my comfort zone here...
    lots of lyrics!!! anyhow...Would like to finish it up today or monday and need someone to send it to...needs drums! or Bass !!

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 5

I am finished with TAPE 1...

track 1 coop guitar
    track 2 cynthia vox
    track 3 cynthia vox/tambo
    Who can/wants to do drums/ bass??? or???
    give me an address and I can get it in the mail Monday

• @fourzeroes  Feb 5

@marvsmooth last year I *made* the tape be synth pop! ๐Ÿ˜
    https://soundcloud.com/alboe-2/youre-...

I'm confused by what tape's which, with a small pool of people. If you're talking about the tape you started you're sending it to @vomvorton first. If you're talking about the tape @vomvorton started you may be sending it to me, if that was what was decided above. I've got a lot of instruments, so could add anything to anything anyone wants! Just tell me who I need to give my address to, and whose address I need to request to keep up the process. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 5

@marvsmooth and @fourzeroes : Tape 5 (listed wayyyyy up at the top) has @vomvorton first, then @marvsmooth so Will, you would be getting track three. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @cts  Feb 5

@zecoop - I just left you a message on your soundboard. Just trying to figure out who's up next for Tape 9. I'll have it ready to send by Tuesday at the latest...

• @marvsmooth  Feb 5

@fourzeroes give your address to @zecoop as he's the key master and gate keeper in one.

He will then let me know where to send it to, or just PM me on my page.

• @marvsmooth  Feb 5

@zecoop & @cynthiawolff - watching in case no one comes forward in the next few days for tape one.

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 5

@marvsmooth thank you for your prompt efforts to keep this show going...

• @standup  Feb 6

Tapes 6 & 10 are in the mail, USPS priority. Fingers crossed for Wednesday delivery!

• @marvsmooth  Feb 6

I need the address for @fourzeroes so I can post tape five off.

• @zecoop  Feb 6

@marvsmooth - I don't think I have an address for @fourzeroes

Everybody... check out the tape list and let's figure out which tapes are going where. I only want people getting tapes who want to participate so I can't really just assign the spots.
    @standup @pfoo @cynthiawolff @brrrse @cts @nancyrost @xna1321 @vomvorton

• @vomvorton  Feb 6

I think I've got two tapes on the way to me at some point - the one from @alboe and one from @marvsmooth

I'm happy to sign up for one more if any of them need another link in the chain?

• @standup  Feb 6

I could take tape 7

• @fourzeroes  Feb 6

Unless another person appears, the UK/euro tapes may end up being three different ways of slicing me, @marvsmooth, @vomvorton and @alboe. Maybe I should start a tape and complete the circle/square. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @fourzeroes  Feb 6

I could post it to @songsville and see what happens. I've still got his address from last year.

• @fourzeroes  Feb 6

@marvsmooth a band you never heard of just sent you a message on soundcloud ๐Ÿ˜€

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 6

Tape One is still looking for a drummer or bass player or both to do track Four...
    I have it ready and waiting to post...ANYONE???

• @standup  Feb 6

You can send it to me! Trying to give other folks a chance to respond...

• @brrrse  Feb 6

I will say yes or no to another tape once I get the first one under my belt. I'm fairly sure I'll be willing to do more, but until I've done it once, I do not want to commit.

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 6

@Standup
    Since it is ready to roll, in the box and everything, I will give it one more day...then I will send it to you...

I will need your address again...send to cawolff29@yahoo.com

• @standup  Feb 6

Address sent, if there are no other takers send it to me!

• @pfoo  Feb 7

I can do track 4 on tape 8 if needed, since it is coming to our house anyway. Or we can mail it along if someone is looking for a slot. Either way, we should be able to get that one done.

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 7

Eric...I'm sending tape one to you knowing that you take care of business and do something stellar...
    packed up and ready to go to the PO tomorrow...

• @zecoop  Feb 7

@standup and @pfoo - The tape that @cynthiawolff is sending you (tape 7) has two tracks of her vocals. You may have the skilz to bounce them to one so you can both have a track. Just saying. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 7

Eric...erase track 3 if need be...
    feelings will not be HURT!!!
    i'd rather hear you both (eric and patti) then me...
    so please just tape over track 3...

• @pfoo  Feb 7

@cynthiawolff No erasing, unless by accident ๐Ÿ˜€ I would not feel good about removing something that has been created!

That is a fear of mine - recording over someone else's track.

• @zecoop  Feb 7

@cynthiawolff - the wonder of 4-tracks is that you can take the first three tracks (or less) and play them, while recording on the blank track, mixing it down, leaving you more tracks to record... Many famous albums were recorded this way (think Beatles and many others). ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Feb 7

@zecoop not on mine ๐Ÿ˜ž

• @alboe Feb 7

I'm willing to help out on tape 2 and 5 if needed?
    Any tape in fact but I think the euro tapes have the best chance to get here in time.

• @marvsmooth  Feb 7

Go on @fourzeroes - another tape ๐Ÿ˜€

• @nancyrost  Feb 7

@zecoop Tape 13, with you, standup, pfoo and me, goes to the post office today so you can mix and post.

I will take a track on Tape 9 @cts.

• @standup  Feb 7

Tape 13! Just one more and we have 14 in circulation.

• @zecoop  Feb 7

Thanks @nancyrost ๐Ÿ˜€
    I can't wait to hear all the variety of the UK
    @phlex and @anonymouse - Is the Aussie tape still happening?
    @xna1321 - is the tape headed to @bachelorb ?
    @eargoggle - Is your tape headed to me?
    @brrrse - Have you gotten the tape from @standup?

• @brrrse  Feb 7

@zecoop have not recieved the tape from @standup yet, but we've had a horrible snowstorm shut us down for the last 2 days. The airport reopened last night but Snoqualmie Pass gets closed often, so mail will run slow. I'm feeling like it will be in tomorrow mail...but I'll let you know if it comes today.

• @eargoggle  Feb 7

Hey all I sent tape 8 to Eric (@standup?) today. @zecoop was that supposed to go to you? Oops if so. I'm willing to take any more tapes that need tracks! Sorry I've been out of the loop on the forums, just trying to find enough time to write songs and that's it...!

• @eargoggle  Feb 7

Oh wait, @zecoop you mean the other tape, the one I started? You haven't gotten that one yet? Yay, USPS....hopefully it gets there soon, I mailed that one last week.

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 7

Hi All....
    If you send the tapes in a PRIORITY MAIL USPS OFFICAL BOX, the tape gets to the recipient in two or three days tops...It cost $7.16 it's much more reliable and FAST...I waited 4 weeks last year for a tape and we weren't able to finish it in time...(Watching, Waiting)... So please, if you are taking on this challenge, use this type of mailing...saves a lot of hassle ...xxc

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 7

Eric @standup Tape has been posted today...
    good luck and have fun...Hope you have something workable there...
    xxxc

• @marvsmooth  Feb 7

Will @fourzeroes - tape is in the post!

• @marvsmooth  Feb 7

If the first instrument is drums, then do I need a click track too?

• @zecoop  Feb 7

@marvsmooth - no... drums would be the click. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @michaelbone Feb 7

We would love to do one of these if possible!

• @marvsmooth  Feb 7

@zecoop I thought that it would be different for me to put some drums on as the first track while I'm in the profession studio tomorrow...

However...

I'll be slightly cheating as it'll be recorded on their system first, and then I'll transfer it to the tape on track one.

I don't have a drum kit of my own anymore you see, and can't fit the four track in with guitars, mandolin, ukulele, and the other bits (including didgeridoo).

• @anonymouse  Feb 7

@zecoop
    Yes, @phlex has posted me the tape. I'm hoping to receive it today.

Any ideas where I will need to send it when I'm done?

• @zecoop  Feb 7

@marvsmooth go for it!
    @anonymouse no idea. Do you want UK or US?

• @zecoop  Feb 7

@michaelbone - Take a look and see which tape you wnat to be added to. The fourth person has to mix it down and post, so it you only want to add and send it to another person, pick a tape with track 2 or 3 open. I'm getting one from @eargoggle (any second now), which will need track 3, but pick whatever and let me know. Also e-mail your name/address to zecoop at yahoo so I can forward that to whoever is sending it.

• @standup  Feb 8

@michaelbone excellent, great to have another co-conspirator!

• @xna1321 Feb 8

Hey there. Finishing up track 2 tonight and will be off to @bachelorb tomorrow.

• @pumpkinhead Feb 8

This brings back memories! <3 I still have my Yamaha 8-track up in the attic. Hmmmmm...

• @vomvorton  Feb 8

I should get @alboe's tape (number 3) in the next couple of days, who wants it when I'm done? Happy to send it anywhere, we should be early enough in the month for international travel...

• @zecoop  Feb 8

@vomvorton - I'll finish up that tape, so we just need to find out who is track 3... Who's in?

• @bachelorb  Feb 8

@zecoop I'm good with doing @vomvorton 's track 3 if no one else wants it. If you find someone else, that's ok too......

• @zecoop  Feb 8

We have a winner... @vomvorton - I will send you @bachelorb 's address. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @vomvorton  Feb 8

Excellent! Still no tape in the post today alas but hopefully it'll be here tomorrow!

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 8

@standup and @pfoo
    got your most excellent tape today...
    Just setting it down on my worktable and having a
    good listen...
    It's cool and I just love that hooky bass line...you kids are so much fun...love the conversations in the beginning and end...
    thanks so much!!! I'll write some lyrics and do a sing on Track 3....
    xxxxxc

• @zecoop  Feb 8

@eargoggle - I got the tape today and I'll add the second track tonight or tomorrow and get it in the mail to.... WHO?

Who wants track 3 for Tape 4?

• @marvsmooth  Feb 8

If anything wants doing, and no one comes forward I am at your disposal!

• @standup  Feb 8

@cynthiawolff thanks! We may have been talking to the dog, honestly. She has to hang out with us when we're doing weird stuff in the basement.

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 8

ha it was more like...
    we rolling? count us in!
    Where was the crash at the end...
    oh I must have hit the microphone...
    I thought it was great fun hearing your guys working...felt like I was hanging out with you...love the tape...I'll try to put something fun and funky....and keep that groovy hook moving along. c

• @brrrse  Feb 9

I have received the tape from @standup and will be working on it later tonight and tomorrow, with hopes of sending it off by Friday. oh i'm terrified and excited!

• @standup  Feb 9

Yay! Successful shipping!

• @brrrse  Feb 9

OH MY GOODNESS GUYS this was like christmas!! Tape works, my 4 track plays it back fine and WOW. This is so exciting. I'm already writing lyrics, and plan to record a vocal line tomorrow. I'll need to know where it's going for track 4 - @zecoop will that be you?

• @zecoop  Feb 9

SWEET!!!! I am super happy for you, @brrrse ๐Ÿ˜€ This is always so fun... I'd say either @xna1321 or @michaelbone since they each only have one (but i don't know if they want more), so if they want another speak up!! Otherwise, @eargoggle should get it.

And @brrrse - if you want another, I am recording track 2 onto tape 4 and you could get track 3. Let me know. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @brrrse  Feb 9

@zecoop if I can do lyrics and vocals, I"m happier than a pig in a poke. put me down for another track 3. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 9

@brrrse - Yes, absolutely... this one will have stand up bass from @eargoggle and either guitar or drums from me. I'll send it to you when I am done. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @michaelbone Feb 9

@zecoop did you send me something yet?

• @zecoop  Feb 9

@michaelbone - you will be getting tape 8 from @standup when he is done. Check up there in the second post at the top for the list

• @anonymouse  Feb 9

@zecoop, @phlex. I received the tape today. I'm hoping to be able to post it off on Monday. but this depends on me having time to get something done on it.

Not sure re: UK or US. There's more US tapes than UK which leads me to preference the latter; but there's perhaps more 4-trackers on fawm from in the US, so for convenience sakes US might be the way to go. Time is too pressed for preferences, I think. Wherever there are takers I'll send it there.

I'm thinking of putting some bass or synth on Phlex's drums at this point (is the convention to do 1 instrument, or can 2 be done (mixed to once track)?). Not 100% sure at this time. It's not looking to be a "genre" type track.

• @zecoop  Feb 9

@anonymouse - Yep, definitely less UK tapes, so let's go that direction. @marvsmooth is always up for a go, but whoever wants it is great! @vomvorton and @alboe take a look too. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @vomvorton  Feb 9

Happy to be part of the Australian chain! Don't mind if I'm track 3 or 4 but I'm sure I'll have some time to contribute.

• @zecoop  Feb 9

OK, we'll go with @marvsmooth for track 3 and @vomvorton for track 4.

@anonymouse - e-mail me at zecoop at yahoo and I'll send you Martin's address. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 9

@cts - any update? Gonna happen this year?
    If not anyone else want to start a new tape 9?

• @vomvorton  Feb 9

Tape 3 received from @alboe today! I'll get right on it.

• @brrrse  Feb 9

My four track works! It's a little strange not having my fx toolbox here...what you're getting is straight voice with no pretty up, is that how it's done? This is going out this morning in the mail, so where is it going?? @zecoop i need an addy to send it to.....fast free friendly service!

• @zecoop  Feb 9

@brrrse - That's how it works. If you have ways of getting effects on them as you record, you can do that, otherwise it's just as it is. When I mix tapes down, I often will take the tracks separately into my DAW and clean them up, and can then add effects, but each person mixes them differently. I sent you Ezra's address... I highly recommend sending it in the priority box. We've had issues (MANY last year) with delayed tapes when they are sent in regular mail.

@eargoggle - You have another one on the way. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Feb 9

@ajna1960 if you had four-track recording, then you could start a tape off...

If not, you could send me a file of your bodhran playing, that I can put onto tape, add a track, and then post on.

• @ajna1960  Feb 9

Hmm @marvsmooth ok thanks ๐Ÿ˜€ I'll spend some time this evening sorting my set up out and making sure it will record through the audio interface - The DAW is having a job seeing it ๐Ÿ˜ž

• @eargoggle  Feb 9

@zecoop @brrrse Sweet! Can't wait!
    By the way some 4 tracks have an effects in and out and you can hook up an effects pedal on that while you mix. otherwise whatever effects you want you have to record with....I have been recording vocals by singing through a guitar amp and micing that.

• @zecoop  Feb 9

@eargoggle and @brrrse - recording vocals through an amp and those effects is s great idea!

• @brrrse  Feb 9

@eargoggle @zecoop I'm a little old lady with a microphone and a tascam portastudio and an AARP membership card ๐Ÿ˜‰ What I've thought about doing is using the line in line out with my AI, that way I could "play" an instrument - but I felt like that was cheating. I love the retro-feel of this. As for amps, I have one amp, it's a little guitar amp but I don't think it has any effects on it.

For voice, though, I'd rather let the final mixer work with my raw vocal track, because I don't want to be counterproductive to the final mix. (if that makes sense - I'm a BIG noob with the wired side of music so I am open to learning)

• @eargoggle  Feb 9

@brrrse that's cool. In my opinion there are no rules and no cheating, as long as your track ends up on a cassette. But who cares where it comes from? I have taken a line out of my synth plugged into my computer and plugged it into a track on my 4 track, because I wanted a mellotron sound I could get there....and why not?

• @standup  Feb 9

I have the drum kit set up to record into 4 inputs on my interface, more or less permanently. The guitar amp has a mic obit at all times, also going to the interface. So for @pfoo and I to record live together, I combine all the drums to go to one output and run a cable to
    The 4 track. The guitar gets sent to 4 track that way too. I usually get "record" on the DAW at the same time I'm recording to tape, it's a backup

• @brrrse  Feb 9

@standup cool, thank you! yeah, My teacher for all of this, aside from a class in Physics of Sound in college back in the late 80's, has been youtube videos. So its nice to interact.

• @zecoop  Feb 9

@brrrse - I *could* have an AARP card... but haven't decided if I am applying or not. They sent me the stuff though. I do like discounts, but still am young at heart, lol. But the more you do it, the more you feel comfortable and willing to experiment a little. ๐Ÿ˜€

And I agree with @eargoggle - the idea is not try to limit us, but approach songwriting differently. The cassettes force us in some ways. I am not against using everything. If it gets put on cassette it is going to SOUND different. No way around that, and that is cool. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @vomvorton  Feb 9

Just added some (really fun!) tremolo rock n roll guitar to @alboe 's cool baseline on tape 3. Will get it in the post to @bachelorb tomorrow or Saturday at the latest!

• @zecoop  Feb 9

@vomvorton and @alboe - Wow, I can't wait to hear that one and figure out track 4! Tom - did I give you the address for @bachelorb ?

• @vomvorton  Feb 9

@zecoop yes you did! It's all ready to go.

• @cts  Feb 9

@zecoop - I got the bug earlier this week, but I'm sending the tape off to @nancyrost tomorrow.

• @zecoop  Feb 9

Awesome @cts - thanks for the update!! I hope you are recovering from whatever bug you got... ick.

• @brrrse  Feb 9

Tape 6 priority mail sent today to @eargoggle I have tracking number

• @marvsmooth  Feb 9

@vomvorton Tape 2 being posted in the morning.

I didn't get to mic the drum kit and use it in the studio, so I've programmed a relatively simple drum pattern and placed it onto track one. 120bpm

• @xna1321 Feb 9

Added a rhythm guitar track to Tape 7 and sent off to @bachelorb today via priority mail. This was fun! As much as I'd like to pick up another track, I'm going to pass as I don't know that I'll be able to get something done and out in time.

• @standup  Feb 9

Well tonight I hit a technical glitch with Tape 1. Trying to bounce @cynthiawolff 's 2 tracks of vocals to one the bounced track has a lot of weird squelchy whistling noises. Definitely not acceptable. So I may have to do a workaround like mix it through a little Yamaha external mixer to record to track 4, hopefully won't have that going on.

This is definitely solveable, and I like the harmony vocals and will try hard to save them.

• @standup  Feb 9

Oh, and Tape 8 is in my hands today too!

• @zecoop  Feb 9

Thanks for being a part of it @xna1321 ๐Ÿ˜€ I can't wait to hear what you did...

I have faith in you @standup !!! (workarounds are fine)

I'm recording something onto the tape from @eargoggle (most likely drums) and will get it off to @brrrse hopefully tomorrow

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 10

@standup oh no...It was possibly from my end...
    tape player was making some of those kind of noises, but I thought it was the headset in connection...hope i did'nt ruin them ...sigh

• @standup  Feb 10

@cynthiawolff it wasn't your fault, I'm positive. Both vocal tracks sound fine on their own, no weirdness. It's only when I try to bounce them both to track 4 that it goes to hell.

• @marvsmooth  Feb 10

@zecoop - Tape 2 has synth drums and been posted to @vomvorton

• @bachelorb  Feb 10

I have only tape 11 still..... I have an idea of what I want to do there...... I sure feel sorry for the 4th person on that one ๐Ÿ˜€ . I will hopefully have the evening tomorrow night to finish it up

• @zecoop  Feb 10

I just recorded a drum track with my Ludwig kit onto the AMAZING stand up bass track that @eargoggle recorded. What a cool tune!!! I'll send it off to @brrrse next and then I put @standup at the end to add something and then mix it all down. So excited. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @michaelbone Feb 10

@zecoop so, my friend, I re read the top paragraph after receiving an email.... I had no idea it was actual tapes mailed around haha! I don't have a tape machine!! I'm so clueless sometimes... Sorry!!

• @brrrse  Feb 10

Ooooooooo bass and drums.... Cannot wait!

• @zecoop  Feb 10

@michaelbone - Yep... it's in the title of the forum thread too, lol... I guess that means you need to get one for next year!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

If @standup already sent the tape to you, please USPS priority box it to me when you get it, and if not, then Eric, you can just send it to me after you are done.

• @vomvorton  Feb 10

Tape 3 going off to @bachelorb today, will pick the quickest postage option to the US!

Should hopefully receive Tape 2 tomorrow and get something recorded over the weekend. Can I please have your address @fourzeroes to send it to when it's done?

• @zecoop  Feb 10

OK... we should start Tape 14... well, because FOURTEEN!! I'd like to be on it and either @standup or I can be last.

Does anyone want to start one that has not already? Set the mood with a guitar or uke, or a rhythm? @cynthiawolff @brrrse @bachelorb

• @vomvorton  Feb 10

I recorded my click track onto track 1 and my musical track onto track 4, because I'm a maverick.

In other news, Tape 3 has left the building!

• @brrrse  Feb 10

I have no blank tapes yet, so no starts fit me this year but put me down 2 or 3

• @zecoop  Feb 10

@vomvorton - hang on, I need to check the rules.... we may have a disqualification. Oh wait, it's already left... I guess we have to roll with it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 10

@zecoop
    I will be doing tape 10 today...and then It goes to you
    I will also start tape 14 with a uke on track 1 and include that in the same shipping box...

So there we go 4 trackers. 14 tapes!
    Let's all make it a priority this weekend to get those tapes finished so they have a good run on Fawm..

• @bachelorb  Feb 10

Hey @zecoop , I'll take 14 for a track... I am getting a set of drums today and would like to try em somewhere.....

• @zecoop  Feb 10

@bachelorb Cynthia is going to start it... If I put you last can you get a final mix done, or alternately send the tape to me after you put drums on to send to me for final mixing?

• @zecoop  Feb 10

@cynthiawolff - Perfect!! I'll add something to both those tapes. Thanks for starting one with uke!! Don't forget to record a click track. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @eargoggle  Feb 10

@brrrse Awesome, can't wait!

• @fourtracktape Feb 10

Hey everyone... I made a profile where we can have all the 4-tracks in one place. Yes, you will still put them on your page to count for your FAWM count, but I thought it would be nice to show the results in a more accessible way, so that they are all easier to find. You would either send the MP3 to me, or I would download it and post it there.

Normally we have two people post the song as collaborators. The other two also create a collaboration song, but just put a link to the first one. That way all the comments go in one place. Alternately, we could make those song pages like before, but only post the song on the 4-track profile, which will have all the info about the song.

In any case... here is the 4-Track Cassettes profile. ๐Ÿ˜€
    http://fawm.org/fawmers/fourtracktape

• @zecoop  Feb 10

(p.s. - that was me...)
    ๐Ÿ˜€

• @standup  Feb 10

Oh, good idea. I like it.

• @zecoop  Feb 10

Especially since @fourtracktape is going to WIN FAWM this year!!!

• @bachelorb  Feb 10

Alright.... I have Tape 11 finished with vocals..... It's called synth madness, and it should probably be called synth weirdness ๐Ÿ˜€ ...... I have done nothing to make it any less weird.......

I tried using the pitch control to move my voice around in the lyrics with mixed results. I tried it with a delay first, but I think it overloaded the tape and sections would just disappear. Then I just did it straight to the mic and the levels are all over the place..... ......but..... that is the next guy/girl's problem..... ๐Ÿ˜

so...... who's up for the challenge of tape 11???

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 11

@zecoop I have finished Tape 10....
    I also did Tape 14 with a uke track (there is a few on one side, take your pick) Which I put in the same box, so Coop you are getting two from me...Just wanted to get them finished and shipped today...so out they went...

• @brrrse  Feb 11

can I just do a big ole squeeeaaall cuz omg this is just too cool! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @standup  Feb 11

@bachelorb weird is good for that one (tape 11). I kinda pity the brave (ahem. weirdo.) soul that takes it next.

• @zecoop  Feb 11

@standup - I've already got six of them, lolololol.... I need to pass on this one. ๐Ÿ˜€

(of course, you are on EIGHT!! we are hardcore HAHAHA)

• @marvsmooth  Feb 11

Any tapes need anything? *puts self forward*

• @zecoop  Feb 11

@marvsmooth - Apparently, there is this weird tape with @bachelorb , lol
    (I can't say whether he is up for sending it to the UK... Brad?)

• @marvsmooth  Feb 11

Ooh, I like weird!!!! ๐Ÿ˜

• @bachelorb  Feb 11

@zecoop .....I'll send it..... I just need the address..... Good luck with this one @marvsmooth ...... If you like weird, you'll LOVE this!!!!!

• @vomvorton  Feb 11

I've added some synth bass to Tape 2 and it'll be off to @fourzeroes on Monday.

• @zecoop  Feb 11

Haha.... Thanks @bachelorb - I know @marvsmooth will have a blast with this one. I can't wait to hear it!!!

I'll send the address...

• @cts  Feb 11

@zecoop - tape #9 is in the mail and on its way to @nancyrost. Should be there by Monday.

• @zecoop  Feb 11

Thanks @cts ๐Ÿ˜€
    @Nancy - let's have you send it to @cynthiawolff who will send it to @eargoggle. Based on my quick tabulations, they only have three. Ezra should be able to mix it all down. ๐Ÿ˜€

@ZeCoop โ€“ 6
    @Standup โ€“ 8
    @BachelorB โ€“ 5
    @VomVorton โ€“ 4
    @MarvSmooth โ€“ 4
    @Pfoo - 4
    @CynthiaWolff โ€“ 3
    @EarGoggle โ€“ 3
    @Xna1321 โ€“ 1
    @NancyRost โ€“ 2
    @Brrrse - 3
    @CTS โ€“ 1
    @Alboe โ€“ 1
    @Phlex - 1
    @Anonymouse - 1

• @brrrse  Feb 11

@brrrse ?

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 11

@zecoop did not record a click track..
    gheesh I don't even know how???

• @zecoop  Feb 11

@brrrse - Yep... I fixed it before you even posted!! And you are getting the next one I get, so I tagged Cynthia for the last one. Sorry about that! Too many names on the sheet that I was trying to add up in my head. ๐Ÿ˜€

@cynthiawolff - No worries, we will figure it out... ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Feb 11

Did @fourzeroes get tape five? Will?

• @brrrse  Feb 11

I was just tuggin on your shirttail to remind ya, you're doing an amazing job with all this!! thank you so much @zecoop

• @zecoop  Feb 11

@marvsmooth - I was going to ask where that one was going. And where to after @fourzeroes for Tapes 2 and 5?

• @nancyrost  Feb 11

@cynthiawolff @zecoop could one of you send me Cynthia's address? I don't seem to have it in my email anymore.

• @zecoop  Feb 11

@nancyrost - I will send you @cynthiawolff 's address. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @fourtracktape Feb 12

First tape is up!! Tape 13, started in 50/90 and finished in FAWM

"Strolling"

• @bachelorb  Feb 12

I got #7 today..... I haven't opened it yet, because I'm behind on my own stuff..... Tomorrow I'll take a listen

• @fourzeroes  Feb 12

@marvsmooth sorry yeah. think it arrived Thursday. it's certainly arrived ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 12

@pfoo - Can I have you finish up Tape 9 that @cts started and is headed to @nancyrost ? I'll move @eargoggle to 3 and that way either you or Eric can finish it at 4... if you think you have time. Let me know! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @pfoo  Feb 12

@zecoop I can add something to tape 9, as long as I don't have to sing. @standup can probably do the mix, or show me how to do it.

• @zecoop  Feb 12

@pfoo - Perfect... thanks!
    @eargoggle - You good with one more?

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 12

I can jump in here If you need me...
    Can't be last...don't have the production skills...

• @eargoggle  Feb 12

@zecoop sure, bring it on!

• @brrrse  Feb 14

I have in my possession one "FAWM tape 4" from the ever wonderful @zecoop Im feeling a little overwhelmed because I have to trust myself - but as someone said and I stole - that adrenaline is excitement, not anxiety. Very cool track. Estimating mailing it off Thursday. Will confirm that tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 14

And I got the two tapes (10 and 14) from @cynthiawolff - I'll get to them tomorrow! I will also aim to mail 14 to @eargoggle no later than Thursday... ๐Ÿ˜€

@standup @pfoo and Cynthia - awesome jazzy job on tape 10!!
    (Eric - do you happen to have the drums recorded separately? No worries if you do not)

• @brrrse  Feb 14

@zecoop btw - thanks for the other.

• @standup  Feb 14

Let me check tomorrow, I might be able to send drum track digitally

• @anonymouse  Feb 14

@phlex, @marvsmooth, @vomvorton (@zecoop)
    Cassette is on its way to the YUK

• @marvsmooth  Feb 14

@anonymouse ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 14

@brrrse - I hope you enjoy it... ๐Ÿ˜€

• @bachelorb  Feb 14

well @marvsmooth ...... I spent more on you than I did my wife for valentines day...... I still don't know if it will there get there in time..... just for future reference, its $32 to ship priority mail (6-10 business days) from Oklahoma. It costs $13 to ship a tape first class...... I opted for the latter..... (and still spent more than on my wife for valentines day.... ๐Ÿ˜€ )

• @marvsmooth  Feb 14

@bachelorb which tape is that? How many tracks left to do?

• @marvsmooth  Feb 14

Oh...

Tape 11 - it's a pain navigating on a phone!

• @nancyrost  Feb 14

Tape 9 went out to @eargoggle today!

• @standup  Feb 14

Real life is closing in on me. The two tapes I have might get done mid week next week. But I'm mixing and posting, so it should work out

• @brrrse  Feb 14

@standup I have tape 4 that goes to you next. Should I rush it, or take my time with it. You're the last one on it.

• @zecoop  Feb 15

@bachelorb - wow... dedication! Much appreciated. You rock. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @standup  Feb 15

I 'm driving 600 miles this weekend for a wake, so I'd say no rush. Take your time @brrrse and send when you're done.

• @brrrse  Feb 15

@standup drive safely!

• @zecoop  Feb 15

@standup, @foo and @cynthiawolff - I just recorded guitar to Tape 10 and (it's a miracle) it actually was playing in the same key you recorded it in!! No strange tape speeds on this one, it appears. Hoping to mix and post tonight. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @fourtracktape Feb 15

Second tape is up... Tape 10, with @standup @pfoo @cynthiawolff and @zecoop... Cool jazzy goodness! (stick around at the end) ๐Ÿ˜‰

Another Day

• @zecoop  Feb 15

Feel free to download and post it on your page, as a collab or whatever, if you want. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Feb 15

@zecoop do you want to PM me some names and addresses somewhere for future four track challenges...

I have a specific address book for it now.

• @marvsmooth  Feb 15

... I might eve send people tapes out of season!

• @zecoop  Feb 15

Will do @marvsmooth ๐Ÿ˜€

• @fourzeroes  Feb 16

I now have two tapes and no addresses to send them on to! Tape 2 and tape 5. Last year @songsville was part of the collab but I've not heard from him this year.

• @nancyrost  Feb 16

I was going to offer to take it, then realized they're both Track 4. Need someone, preferably in the UK or at least Europe, who can mix and post as well.

• @nancyrost  Feb 16

@alboe ?

• @alboe Feb 16

@nancyrost @fourzeroes
    Sure.
    @zecoop has my adres

• @zecoop  Feb 16

Hey look at that... all the tapes are full. ๐Ÿ˜€

@fourzeroes - I'll send the address for @alboe

• @zecoop  Feb 17

Tape 14 (FOURTEEN!!!) has uke from @cynthiawolff and now bass from me. It's headed out to @brrrse for vocals (I hope) and then to @eargoggle to wrap it up. It's a fun bouncy little tune. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Feb 17

@anonymouse the cassette has arrived here in the U.K.

On to @vomvorton when I've done. Probably Sunday!

• @vomvorton  Feb 17

Ooh that was pretty quick! Looking forward to getting my hands on that one.

Any sign of the tape I posted to the US, @bachelorb ?

• @bachelorb  Feb 17

Nothing yet @vomvorton .... I still have Tape 7 collecting dust. The plan is to have that done and off to @standup by Monday now

• @eargoggle  Feb 17

I got a tape from @nancyrost yesterday, not sure which one this is? But I'll put something on over the weekend.

• @brrrse  Feb 17

@eargoggle did you get the tape from me?

• @nancyrost  Feb 17

@eargoggle that's tape 9.

• @eargoggle  Feb 17

@brrrse Not yet but I'll see if it comes today, @nancyrost got it, psyched!

• @bachelorb  Feb 17

I hope I'm not breaking any rules, but while we're waiting on the 14 tapes, here's a 50/90 starring @pfoo , @standup , and @zecoop

https://soundcloud.com/the-bachelor-1...

• @brrrse  Feb 17

@eargoggle it was delivered to your mailbox on February 11 at 330 PM according to the tracking website. I hope it isn't lost.

• @eargoggle  Feb 18

@brrrse Yikes, well actually I got a cryptic message from a neighbor the other day, maybe that was about that package being misdelivered, I definitely haven't seen it here. I just wrote her, hopefully that's what happened.

• @brrrse  Feb 18

well, I hope it's not lost - I'm sorry I must have miscopied your address. Unfortunately, I lack the skill and ability to copy the tapes before I send them out, so I guess it's my fault.

• @marvsmooth  Feb 18

@brrrse you'vet given me an idea for the future!

• @eargoggle  Feb 18

@brrrse good news, got the tape from my neighbor across the street! You sent to 201 Clinton instead of 210, but they got in touch with me somehow. Who says New York City is an unfriendly place? Not I.
    So now I have this one from you, which I haven't listened to yet, (what number is this one?) and Tape #9 from @cts and @nancyrost ....which is interesting, not sure what I'll do with this one...! It's cool though. Where do I send Tape 9, @zecoop ?

• @eargoggle  Feb 18

In other news yesterday I went over to my drummer friend Bram's house and filled up 5 tapes of 4 track with drums and bass. I use 20 min tapes on high speed, so it's 5 minutes per tape, so one song per tape! Dunno if I'll have time to get to all of them but it certainly looks like I'll be spending the rest of my FAWM on the 4 track. Which is as it should be...

• @brrrse  Feb 18

@eargoggle oh my goodness. Well I'm so grateful to your neighbors. thanks so much!! it's tape 4 I believe. and track 4 is waiting for you I believe. ๐Ÿ˜€ THANK YOU!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ I was so scared I messed it all up ๐Ÿ˜€

• @eargoggle  Feb 18

Nice, just listened to tape 6, from @standup @pfoo and @brrrse cool song! Probably I will add bass to this and mix it. Maybe I'll do this tonight after my gig. Does anyone know of a way to tag more than one collaborator? I remember last year not being able to figure that out.

• @pfoo  Feb 18

@eargoggle Tape #9 is slated to come to me next - the second post in the thread has all the names for each tape.

That's cool tape 6 is back on track - I totally forgot what we put on that one ๐Ÿ˜€

I have added some drums to tape 1. Eric is out of town this weekend, but he will add something and post it next week when he is back. We also have tape 8 and will finish that one next week too.

• @zecoop  Feb 18

@eargoggle - Tape 9 is going to @pfoo who is married to @standup. I think you already sent a tape to them in Washington DC, so you should have the address, but let me know. Hooray for NYC!!!

@brrrse - I just sent out tape 14 to you and it should get there Tuesday (Monday is a holiday). You'll be on track 2, as my player had a buzz and malfunction on track 2 and I recorded to track 3.

• @marvsmooth  Feb 18

Bass added by myself to tape12. Will post to @vomvorton on Monday for him to finish.

Inserting a note with it!

• @brrrse  Feb 18

@zecoop Roger red Rider

• @eargoggle  Feb 19

Hey @brrrse what's the name of this song on Tape 6? Mixing it down now...

• @brrrse  Feb 19

@eargoggle Runaway?

• @eargoggle  Feb 19

All right y'all, Runaway, tape 6 which is now known as "Runaway" is up and running. @standup on electric guitar, @pfoo on drums and @brrse on vocals and myself on bass. Just mixed it down and posted it, check it out http://fawm.org/songs/72346/

• @brrrse  Feb 19

@eargoggle thanks! Lyrics are up.

• @zecoop  Feb 19

As these tapes get finished, don't forget to make them downloadable, or e-mail them to me at zecoop at yahoo so i can put everything onto the @fourtracktape profile.

@brrrse @standup @eargoggle @pfoo - Runaway sounded great! What a cool song!

• @brrrse  Feb 19

WOW! That was so much fun, guys!! And it sounds sooo cool. I have one tape right now.. tape 4 I believe, going out to standup after I get a voice enough to put vocals on it, or get brave and try my brand new guitar... one chord's enough, right? ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @pfoo  Feb 19

Runaway sounds great! @brrrse and @eargoggle - love it!

@brrrse be brave! I got a guitar last summer - I can barely play it, but I might see if I can work it onto one of the tapes I have left to contribute to.

• @bachelorb  Feb 20

Tape 7 is ready to go. I need @standup 'S address and I'll send it pony express.

@brrrse .... tape 7 has a track that uses a Wurlitzer organ. I've had the organ 23 hours......which gave me 23 hours of keyboard exoerience...... mostly through osmosis..... ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 20

@bachelorb - I sent you @standup's address. Sounds like a fun tape!

Don't forget to send me an mp3 or make it downloadable!
    (@eargoggle - reminder) ๐Ÿ˜€

• @brrrse  Feb 20

you guys are so awesome and good for me. Okay, I've been discussing open tuning and slides with ducttapeguy and others in the forum, so maybe I'll try that with this tape I got... LOL

• @fourtracktape Feb 20

Runaway is now posted on the official 4-track page. Three up and 11 more to go!!! (same info as the @brrrse & @eargoggle song) ๐Ÿ˜€

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 20

Is there any way to post the songs on our own pages so we can count them as songs?

• @nancyrost  Feb 20

@cynthiawolff just repost with a link to the one posted on the @fourtracktape page.

• @cynthiawolff  Feb 20

Thanks Nancy...of course! duh...
    happy monday!

• @eargoggle  Feb 21

Tape 9 is now on the way to @standup down in DC, priority mail so hopefully it gets there quick. This one has me, @cts and @nancyrost on it. It's....uhhh....kinda weird. Curious to see what you do with it!

• @zecoop  Feb 21

Tape 9 - @standup or @pfoo or both!

• @brrrse  Feb 21

Track 2 vocals of Tape 4 @eargoggle bass track 1, @zeecoop drums track 4 is in the can. Will try to get to the Post Office later today and send it off to @standup .

• @pfoo  Feb 21

We are going to be busy over here!

• @zecoop  Feb 21

Here is where we are at... Where are all the tapes currently?
    Tapes 4 and 9 heading to DC
    US **Tape 1**
    Track 4:@standup / @pfoo

UK **Tape 2**

Euro/US **Tape 3**

US **Tape 4**

UK **Tape 5**
    Track 2: @marvsmooth

US **Tape 6**
    "Runaway"
    Track 4: @eargoggle

US **Tape 7**
    Track 2: @xna1321
    Track 3: @bachlorb
    Track 4:@standup

US **Tape 8**
    Track 2: @eargoggle
    Track 3: @standup
    Track 4:@pfoo

US **Tape 9**
    Track 2: @nancyrost
    Track 3: @eargoggle
    Track 4: @pfoo

US **T

• @zecoop  Feb 21

US **Tape 10**
    "Another Day (gone by)"

US **Tape 11**
    Track 4:@marvsmooth

Aus and UK **Tape 12**
    Track 1: @phlex
    Track 2: @anonymouse
    Track 3: @marvsmooth
    Track 4: @vomvorton

US **Tape 13**
    "Strolling"
    Track 3: @pfoo
    Track 4:@nancyrost

US **Tape 14**
    Track 1: @cynthiawolff
    Track 4: @bachelorb

• @alboe Feb 21

@zecoop , I' m watching my mailbox like a hawk, waiting for tape two and tape 5 to arrive.

• @marvsmooth  Feb 21

Tapes 2 & 5 - can't remember... @fourzeroes @alboe ?

I'm still waiting for 11

12 has been posted to @vomvorton

• @marvsmooth  Feb 21

@alboe's post just showed on my feed after posting that!

• @bachelorb  Feb 22

We've had a temporary setback here, but I still think I'm going to make it on this end.
    Tape 7 is waiting to be mailed. We are in Tulsa all day tomorrow and I'll try to find a post office between appointments and ship it priority to @standup .
    Tape 3 came Friday and I have written some lyrics for it, I'll finish those tonight, but realistically I won't be able to record until Wednesday. Then its off to @zecoop on thursday

Since I'm posting Tape 14, I'll get that set by the 28th.

I don't think I'm going to make my 14 songs this year unless I activate my "four track" collaborative powers and use them for good rather than evil ๐Ÿ˜€

• @brrrse  Feb 22

@bachelorb I just recieved tape 14 from @zecoop Am I sending it to you next? If you already have a 14 then maybe the wires are crossed.

• @bachelorb  Feb 22

@brrrse Yep.... your sending it to me. I'll upload it when I get it. Sorry for the confusion....

• @fourzeroes  Feb 22

@marvsmooth @alboe @zecoop apparently you can fit two tapes in boxes into a size 00 jiffy bag. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @marvsmooth  Feb 22

I have posted everyone of the tapes that I've had so far - 2, 5 & 12

• @vomvorton  Feb 22

This is all getting very exciting!

Hopefully I'll get tape 12 in the post today...
    Looking forward to hearing the others as they start to get finished up!

• @marvsmooth  Feb 22

I'm the king of recycling...

Old eBay and Amazon packages?

Re-use them for the 4-track challenge!

• @vomvorton  Feb 22

Tape 12 is in my possession. It's pretty nuts. I aim to keep that vibe going!

• @bachelorb  Feb 22

Tape 7on its way to @standup .... should be there Friday

• @vomvorton  Feb 22

Tape 12 is up! http://fawm.org/songs/73453/

At @zecoop's suggestion, I've posted as a collaboration with @phlex, so @marvsmooth and @anonymouse can post a second copy if they want it to be on their pages too to reflect their song counts!

Also note that there are two different mixes on there for the tape-curious!

• @fourtracktape Feb 22

It's also up on this account... I'll put a comment to check out all of your pages too, but there might be some comments over here. I just like the idea of a show of force with 14 four-track cassette songs!

Don't forget tags... #4-track #analog #cassette ๐Ÿ˜€

• @standup  Feb 23

Tape 8 is posted. I listed the last 2 collaborators on the page, so @eargoggle and @bachelorb need to create a link on their page if they want it. The song I posted is at http://fawm.org/songs/73546/, and it is downloadable, so can be added to the fourtracktape page.

• @fourtracktape Feb 23

Sweet - thanks! That is a cool sounding song. ๐Ÿ˜€
    @eargoggle - add the lyrics when you get a chance.

• @brrrse  Feb 23

@zecoop I have finished recording for both tapes. Help me out here... tape 4 is going to (I have the address for) @standup and @pfoo and tape 14 is going to @bachelorb (I do not have an address for him) ... Sending both out tomorrow morning priority mail.

• @standup  Feb 23

Another one done: http://fawm.org/songs/73565/
    Eye for an Eye. Downloadable, so it can be added to the @fourtracktape page. I only credited me and @pfoo, the last two contributors, because you can only add one other contributor of course. @zecoop and @cynthiawolff should add another song to their credits.

• @standup  Feb 23

All the tapes are full! BUT it's not too late to start another one. Somebody. We have SIX WHOLE DAYS!!!!

• @alboe Feb 23

Still waiting for the two tapes.
    @fourzeroes when did you send them exactly? I'm feeling a tiny bit of panic creeping in that something might have gone wrong .

• @marvsmooth  Feb 23

@alboe set up two private placeholders just in case!

• @alboe Feb 23

@marvsmooth, @vomvorton and @fourzeroes

I should have known better than to panic.
    They're here.
    Probably will work on them on saturday but they'll be definitely ready on time. Tonight I will have a quick listen to what you guys have done and see if I can think of something to add.

• @vomvorton  Feb 23

Exciting stuff @alboe! Looking forward to hearing how they've evolved, can barely remember what I played on them now!

• @fourzeroes  Feb 23

@alboe yeah I was a bit worried when I posted them on Monday, but the member of staff reckoned ~3 days, which turned out to be accurate.

• @bachelorb  Feb 23

@zecoop Tape 3 is on its way to you. Hopefully you'll get it by Saturday. In order to complicate things, I did a collaboration in the collaboration and used lyrics written by @arthurrossi who I happen to admire a lot. I'll email you those lyrics.

@marvsmooth ....any news on tape 11???

• @brrrse  Feb 23

@bachelorb i need your address can you or @zecoop send it to me? Please? I"d like to mail these out today!

• @zecoop  Feb 23

@brrrse - I sent you an address for @bachelorb

• @marvsmooth  Feb 23

@bachelorb - tape 11 is on the laptop, but still needs looking at as tracks 1, 2 & 3 have bleeding strangely. There are drums on all three tracks in the background.

I've already had a lot of trouble recording today due to a lot of sound interference and a seeming problem on track four of the 4-track.

• @bachelorb  Feb 23

@marvsmooth ...well there is only one guy to blame for that..... me..... Sorry about that. I know that they were on the right and left when I recorded the synth and drums and were clean when I checked em. The vocals I didn't check.
    Would actively messing with the pitch control while recording cause bleed across the channels lke that???

• @bachelorb  Feb 23

should say "the vocals I didn't check for bleed"

• @brrrse  Feb 23

@zecoop sorry bout the email - panic attacks this morning due to RL but i'm getting the fires put out. @bachelorb and @standup tapes 14 and 4 respectively will be on their way to you two tomorrow. I'll post when I have tracking numbers.

• @zecoop  Feb 23

@brrrse - Yea you should be good... that e-mail just had a question from before FAWM. I think everyone is using 1X.

• @standup  Feb 23

Tape 9 is here!

• @eargoggle  Feb 24

Hey @standup and @fourtracktape how do I add the lyrics to 'Breadcrumbs'? And how do I add a link on my page to the song, does anyone know?
    More importantly- that song is so cool! If I do say so myself. So great to hear, since I only heard my vocals and @bachelorb 's bass...everything sounds so good, it sounds like we're a real band! Nice work everyone!

• @marvsmooth  Feb 24

I think I'm going to have to transfer tape 11 again! ๐Ÿ˜ž

• @zecoop  Feb 24

@eargoggle - I can add you as a collaborator if you'd like it to show up on your page. Then you can add the lyrics.

• @brrrse  Feb 24

@zecoop I emailled you, need @standup 's mailing address., thanks ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 24

@eargoggle (and @bachelorb ) another way to do it, is to add a song on your page, but don't put a demo on it. Just put the link to the fourtracktape song in the liner notes. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @brrrse  Feb 24

Okay, tape 4 and 14 are boxed and addressed. I had a giggle...this is like "collab of the month club" isn't it. LOL

• @marvsmooth  Feb 24

tape 11 is up... Dog On A Leash - http://fawm.org/songs/73957/

• @marvsmooth  Feb 24

I wish I had more tapes to do! ๐Ÿ˜ž

• @eargoggle  Feb 24

@zecoop OK I guess add me as a collaborator and I'll put the lyrics up

• @fourzeroes  Feb 25

I'm anxious about this in a way I wasn't on last year's, mainly because I've sung a song and left it in someone else's hands this time,

• @alboe Feb 25

@zecoop here are the two links to tape 2 and 5.
    Tape 2 https://soundcloud.com/alboe-2/lets-g...
    Tape 5 https://soundcloud.com/alboe-2/i-neve...
    You can download them there and place them on the @fourtrack page and then I post the link to that on my page right?

Oh and if @marvsmooth, @vomvorton and @fourzeroes would like to listen already just head over there please.

• @zecoop  Feb 25

@alboe - Both links say the track was removed?

• @nancyrost  Feb 25

I think that may be an issue with the forum shortening long links.

• @alboe Feb 25

@zecoop that's weird
    Maybe go over here https://soundcloud.com/alboe-2 and download (click on "more" and the download option appears) them?
    If that doesn't work I will mail you the mp3's

• @vomvorton  Feb 25

These are both sounding great, good work @alboe! (and @marvsmooth and @fourzeroes of course)

• @fourtracktape Feb 25

Got 'em @alboe - They are both great!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @fourtracktape Feb 25

@alboe - I'll just need Lyrics for both! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @fourtracktape Feb 25

@alboe - I added you on the collab, so you can add
    1) Lyrics
    2) who played/sang what

• @alboe Feb 25

@zecoop I don't have the lyrics for "Lets go have some fun".
    I think you'll have to ask @fourzeroes
    I added my lyrics of "I never knew" plus who played what on both songs.

• @fourtracktape Feb 25

@alboe... Thanks! I changed the collab to @fourzeroes so the lyrics can get put in. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @standup  Feb 25

Tape 7 "Gasoline" is mixed and posted! @zecoop @xna1321 @bachelorb

http://fawm.org/songs/74591/

• @zecoop  Feb 25

Got it up on fourtrack's page. ๐Ÿ˜€

@standup @xna1321 @bachelorb - This is awesome!! I love how this turned out!

• @zecoop  Feb 25

And.... took it off Fourtrack's page, because I noticed Eric collab'd . ๐Ÿ˜€

• @pfoo  Feb 26

Tape 9 (Central Park) is up: http://fawm.org/songs/74616/

It's unusually warm here in DC - this song made me want to hang out at the park (even though I don't live in NY).

I added @eargoggle as a collaborator. @nancyrost and @cts can add as a collab with each other.

@zecoop - can you add it to the @fourtracktape page?

• @zecoop  Feb 26

@cts @nancyrost @eargoggle and @pfoo - that is so totally cool and chilled out!!! LOVED that one! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @debs  Feb 26

OMG this is so cool! I wish I'd known about this sooner, I'd have loved to get in on it (though I have absolutely no way of recording on cassette). ๐Ÿ˜

• @zecoop  Feb 26

@debs - I guess I know what you'll be scouring Craigslist and EBay for. Get one and join the fun!! And check out all the songs on @fourtracktape
    ๐Ÿ˜€

• @bachelorb  Feb 26

Well..... I think my FAWM season is about over. Yesterday channel 4 record stopped working on the Tascam 234 (my main recording tape player), and today, I smashed my finger in the tailgate of a truck. Just tried to play the guitar and that ain't happening.....

I know I have one more tape coming here, and the portastudio is still up and running, so maybe I'll get to use that jews harp after all.......

• @brrrse  Feb 27

@bachelorb @standup @zecoop I will be sending out tapes 4 and 14 tomorrow, but if I send them priority mail, you probably won't get them until wednesday. This is all my fault - life happened. Is there a way we can put placeholders up for these two tapes and you guys can get them uploaded after the 28th, or can you not update stuff after then? I'm also hoping the tape I"m sending bachelorB is the one that track 3 is open? I've just messed this whole thing up. Sorry guys.

• @bachelorb  Feb 27

@brrrse .... that's ok with me...... Do you have a title for #14?

• @alboe Feb 27

Just out of curiosity.
    Is tape 3 still floating around somewhere?

• @brrrse  Feb 27

@bachelorb lets call it Happiness ๐Ÿ˜€

• @seb Feb 27

So what kind of tape recorder does one need to have? Too late to sign up?

• @vomvorton  Feb 27

@alboe last update on Tape 3 was that @bachelorb had posted it off to @zecoop so hopefully it has arrived! I really hope so, I was really pleased with my guitar playing on that one!

@seb any four-track Tascam / Fostex / Yamaha tape recorder should suffice. You're too late for this year because of the postage time involved but if you've got the right equipment then definitely register your interest for the next one!

• @zecoop  Feb 27

@brrrse - No worries. We have 'finished' 4-tracks after FAWM ended before. i think we have an exception clause, because we deal with the mail. I'll set up placeholders for all the remaining tapes before the end.

@vomvorton - Tape 3 has not arrived yet, but should today, I hope.

@seb - Not too late (for 2018)!!! ๐Ÿ˜€ You need to have a functioning 4-track cassette recorder.

• @standup  Feb 27

OK, well I can finish up other stuff and put a placeholder in for Tape 4. That's fine. Does it have a title yet?

• @brrrse  Feb 27

@standup yep, it does. In honor of @eargoggle and the wikked bass riff he sent me, it's called "Gimme that groove"

• @zecoop  Feb 27

@standup - The collaborators can obviously set up placeholders for their pages, but @fourtracktape also has placeholders up now for Tapes, 3, 4 and 14

• @bachelorb  Feb 27

@zecoop .... I just checked the tracking and it said it was delivered Saturday....... Tape 3- The tape where entropy reigns......

• @zecoop  Feb 27

@bachelorb - Maybe it is in my box! You know I never got out of my PJs this weekend, lol. I could have forgotten to check the mail. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• @alboe Feb 27

Well sir, you' d better do something about that quick then ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 27

@alboe / @vomvorton / @bachelorb - It WILL be done!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• @bachelorb  Feb 27

Before you get back to y'alls exciting normal life, hang around till the Wednesday/ Thursday timeframe for tape 14!!! (We got some tests on Wednesday, but Thursday looks like a clean slate)

• @zecoop  Feb 27

I'll be here through March and probably beyond...

• @zecoop  Feb 27

I'll need to listen to this to understand what @bachelorb is telling me, lol... but I am looking forward to it @vomvorton and @alboe ๐Ÿ˜€

• @brrrse  Feb 27

wow! That's some organization there. I think I got a chord chart scrawled in crayon... ๐Ÿ˜‰ j/k ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

• @bachelorb  Feb 27

don't be skeered ๐Ÿ˜

• @zecoop  Feb 27

@vomvorton @alboe @bachelorb - It is FINISHED!!
    And it is AWESOME!!! So much fun.......

• @bachelorb  Feb 27

I had a feeling this was going to be good!!!! @alboe @vomvorton @zecoop

• @zecoop  Feb 28

@bachelorb - Lyrics? ๐Ÿ˜ Tape 3 is getting posted momentarily on my page with @Alboe and you can put it on yours with @Vomvorton
    I will put it on fourtracktape without a collab. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 28

"The Legend of the Hot Chili Pepper Girl" is now up!!!
    (Tape 3)
    http://fawm.org/songs/75802/

Euro/US **Tape 3**
    Bass - @alboe (Netherlands)
    Guitar - @vomvorton (UK)
    Vocals - @bachelorb (Oklahoma)
    Drums - @zecoop (Michigan)
    Lyrics - @arthurrossi (Austria)

• @bachelorb  Feb 28

@zecoop lyrics are up on my page. You'll probably want to include @arthurrossi in the lyrics credits. It will give us a whole new country ๐Ÿ˜€

• @zecoop  Feb 28

@bachelorb - I corrected the liner notes to include @arthurrossi ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks Arthur for such a wonderful set of lyrics!!!! This song was magical.

• @marvsmooth  Mar 2

Just in case anyone is interested in doing more four-track challenges outside of FAWM an 50/90 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/67244...

• @pfoo  Mar 2

@marvsmooth Cool! I just sent a request to join the FB group. I need to take some time away from music for about a month, but I'd like to keep working on my playing and songwriting during the year.

• @brrrse  Mar 2

Guys, I'm sending the tapes out today. Apologies. Life happens, and I had an awful lot of life happening in the last week.

• @marvsmooth  Mar 2

@pfoo I'be accepted you to the group Patti ๐Ÿ˜€

• @brrrse  Mar 2

Tapes 4 and 14 are in the mail. I have tracking numbers

• @sueawesome Mar 4

@zecoop I love that this happened. I'm curious how a lyrics only chick could get involved next year. Do you guys start the list before fawm starts and then the first recording happens on February 1st? Or is there not even a discussion and sign ups until February 1st?

Also..I don't have a tape deck anymore but I seriously think I have a few unopened maxell 120's. ๐Ÿ™Š It was my drug of choice. I feel like I could somehow make a contribution here somewhere ๐Ÿ˜†

• @zecoop  Mar 4

@sueawesome - @arthurrossi had a hand in one this year, although not on purpose I think (@bachelorb used his lyrics for Chili Pepper Girl). I'm sure that your lyrics could help out - we never know where these tapes are headed, as far as the songs because there are no plans for what the songs will be. A lot of times the first person has forgotten what they played by the time the song is finished.

We gather together the people that are interested and see who is going to start some tapes off and we just kind of roll with it without a plan. Conversations decide where tapes will go next, as well as the fact that the last person needs to be able to mix from their tape player to their computer and upload the song.

Definitely check in next year and we'll see how we can get you involved... and watch Craigslist/Ebay/Goodwill for 4-track machines! ๐Ÿ˜€ .

• @sueawesome Mar 4

sweet! @zecoop
    thanks for getting back to me

• @brrrse  Mar 4

According to tracking numbers, @bachelorb and @standup - you have mail ๐Ÿ˜€ if you don't, please apologize to your neighbors for my mistakes... and retrieve it. I tried real hard to make the S look like an S. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @pfoo  Mar 4

@brrrse We got the tape today!

• @bachelorb  Mar 4

@brrse I got one too.... I'm going to start listening after dinner

• @brrrse  Mar 4

YAY! I love it when things happen as they should! ๐Ÿ˜€ Enjoy and have fun, guys! Cannot wait to hear em ๐Ÿ˜€

• @bachelorb  Mar 5

@brrrse @zecoop @cynthiawolff Tape 14 is in the sleeve. Very nicely done all of you!!!!

.....and with that, I can now start fixing the carnage that FAWM seems to cause every year on my ancient recording equipment.........

• @brrrse  Mar 5

ya didn't link it ... http://fawm.org/songs/75251/

• @zecoop  Mar 7

So, just one more to go? Gimme That Groove...

US **Tape 4**

• @brrrse  Mar 7

tape 4 is confirmed with @standup and @pfoo so I'm sure we'll hear from them real soon ๐Ÿ˜€

• @standup  Mar 7

We have out of town guests for a couple of days, so not working on it right now

• @zecoop  Mar 7

@standup - sounds like a choir to me... lol
    Have fun. ๐Ÿ˜€

• @standup  Mar 8

Tape 4 is up! I may be thinking "jazzy" guitar but it just comes out "surf"...

http://fawm.org/songs/edit/75367

@eargoggle @zecoop @brrrse

Leave a Message. Log in to FAWM or sign up first...